This TRULY is one of those rare products where you wonder how on earth you coped without it. Of decent, handkerchief size, so you can grip it and use it properly, unlike small ones you drop, the microfibre material cuts through grease on your lenses like Fairy Liquid does for your dishes. It's also soft enough to never risk harming a lens' surface.

It does lose its effectiveness after a while and washing it brings it back to life. HOWEVER, the colour, actually a maroon rather than the red shown, on all versions I've seen, runs like mad, so DON'T put it in your washing machine with anything else. I just put it in a small plastic food container and warm water with a sprinkle of washing powder and rinse it through by hand.

The local camera shop I bought mine from also does servicing and minor equipment repairs. They use these Sigma cloths all day and every day, not because they're paid to endorse them, but because they absolutely work.

Buy one! Stick it in your gadget bag, or pocket even and never have a dirty lens/viewfinder/screen/filter again. (Great also for spectacles, too - I also use another one for cleaning fingerprints from CDs/DVDs).
on 7 May 2013
There are some very good things about these cloths, they are just about the perfect size, mostly clean well and at the price represent absolutely great value.
I would (and will) buy one again but I'm honestly finding it hard to put them above most other lens cloths i've used and they are certainly not the best.
I would have given 4 stars but I was disappointed when a brand new one left material (little bits of itself actually) all over the lens i was cleaning, not the end of the world but really annoying at the time.
on 1 May 2012
works perfectly not tried washing it yet but so far cleans off grease and fingerprints and leaves no trace of material on lens.
on 6 December 2012
As far as I'm concerned. This is the BEST lens cloth in existence, bar none. I have three. It's nice and big and removes even the most stubborn marks quickly. Anyone who wear glasses and/or owns a camera. Get this lens cloth.
on 21 February 2013
Though my product arrived as burgundy instead of red as pictured I forgive Sigma because it is such a great product. Size of a handkerchief, silk soft but strong enough to rub into your lenses. I have tried about 6 other brands and variations of this product but this so far is the keeper and the only one to inspire me to instantly buy a couple more of them before the price inevitably goes up when word of mouth of how great they are spreads. Not put in washing machine yet but have high hopes. I also used it on a t.v. and laptop with excellent results but I will now never go filming without this cloth as it has become an essential and permanent addition to my kitbag. Don't waste time on others, this is the perfect lens cloth.
VINE VOICEon 19 February 2013
I purchased one of these sigma cleaning cloths years ago and it was wonderful , so I thought I had better buy another one as the origami needed replacing, so I bought this one recently off good old Amazon, the price was great,
Came quickly, and these cloths really work,
And they are not just for lenses either they will clean tv/monitor screens spectacles etc buy one of these if you need a cleaning cloth for your optical gear, they are brilliant you won't be sorry
Paul.B
on 14 February 2013
Or at least relatively elegant. Mine came in a fetching purple, rather than the garish red in the product picture, but the quality and size are the important things, of course. This cloth delivers both, being very generously-proportioned and excellent at cleaning lenses. While there are plenty of cheaper cloths out there, they're normally significantly smaller. You get what you pay for, and I recommend you pay for this.
on 29 May 2013
I got this cloth today, and tested it out right away. First, I got a smudged up lens as well as my camera LCD, and gave them a good wipe. For LCDs, I would say "Kent Microfibre cloths" are much better, as they do not leave smudges whereas this cloth certainly does. It's not much better than using your T-shirt in my opinion. On the lens however, I would not recommend using a "Kent" cloth in a million years, as particles tend to piles up inside the cloth and could potentially scratch the lens. That's where this cloth (sort of) comes in.

Basically, if using this cloth to clean camera lenses, I would buy a lens pen and a blower with it (I bought a Nikon lens pen and a Giotti blower and they both work perfectly, don't buy the cheaper blowers as they blow particles that can damage camera equipment). The cloth will leave slight smudges on the lens, unless you do it for a while til you get that perfect shine, however this would seriously degrade the lens before long on account of the fragile coatings on them.

Therefore, to get your lens looking perfect, you need to have both a lens pen and a blower, now to clean your lens effectively (and bare in mind you should try to avoid cleaning your lens ever no matter how dirty it may be) you should first use the blower to blow off as much dust as you possibly can, this way you won't scratch up the lens with the dust particles when you come to clean it with the lens pen later. You should then use the brush included in the lens pen to gently brush off any stubborn particles, and as a LAST RESORT use this cloth gently to remove any leftover particles. This should remove all dust. You can then use your lens pen to get a streak free finish, leaving your lens completely clean and unmarked.

Therefore, this cloth is mainly to be used as a last resort on lenses, however it can be used more often. You can use it to clean dust off the camera body (NOT inside the camera), and on the outside of lenses such as the zoom rings etc. This is a measure that can be taken to prevent dust from being sucked inside the lens (as this happens naturally when zooming in and out, generally unavoidable but you can prevent it to an extent). There are probably many other uses for it, however this is all I can think of right now.

If you can't be bothered with all the cleaning kit, and you aren't too worried about the left over smudgey bits caused by this cloth (many many people wouldn't be, as its difficult to degrade image quality from particles on the lens), you could use this cloth alone very scarely, as it is very gentle.

That's my personal opinion of this product, and many people may very well disagree with me about it, however I am just stating my opinions and choices and talking about what I would like to know if I was someone interested in buying this product. Take it with a pinch of salt. It is a GREAT QUALITY cloth, and is worth the money in my opinion. It has many uses besides cleaning camera equipment, however I focused on that as it is the only purpose I will be using it for. Generally a great product, however it loses a star as it simply cannot clean a lens to perfection alone.
on 19 December 2013
When I started out in photography, I thought lens-pens were the best. I loved my gadgets and technology, and they worked.

However I received one of these sigma lens cloths as a secret santa, and I realised sometimes "simple" is better. I've never been without a Sigma cloth since. The time it takes to clean a fingerprint off of a lens with the cloth is much less than with a lens pen, and whereas I've found the pens dry out and need replacing after a while, the Sigma cloth seems to keep on going.

I also find it really effective for cleaning sunglasses, and getting rid of all the smudges and marks on my tablet computers screen. For the money there's no reason not to have one of these in your kit bag, especially when compared to the price of lens pens!
on 14 November 2013
I bought this as part of my kit I take with me to weddings. The microfibre itself is very very smooth and is similar in feel to a glasses cloth. I've used it many times already and it takes mere seconds to do away with any fingerprints or smudges on my lens glass or the LCD screen at the back of my camera.

It would be nice of the cloth came with some kind of holder to stop it attracting unwanted dust or debris when not in use. I keep mine tucked in a pocket in my camera bag all to itself, but that means I won't use that pocket now for anything else.