Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 15 June 2011
I have bought both Kitchen Hero and Good Mood Food books and have been using them non-stop for the last four weeks. I have a collection of books from Nigella, Rachel Allen, Nigel Slater, etc, but Donal's are the books I turn to when I come home from work and want to cook something quick, healthy and with everyday kitchen ingredients. We've had gorgeous Thai Chicken Curry, Lamb kofta's with raita, Chicken satay skewers, white chocolate and blueberry cheesecake and each recipe has turned out lovely. Would highly recommend.
on 3 December 2012
I purchased "Jamie's 30mins meals" some time ago - all I can say is; what a disappointment. Donal's "Kitchen Hero" is, in my opinion, a million times better. I've had the book less than one week and already i've prepared two delicious meals IN LESS than 30 mins and without all the hullabaloo involved in Jamie's cooking!!! This would make a perfect Xmas present for an amateur cook who doesn't want to be running around speciality food stores for exotic ingredients.
on 6 April 2011
As a reader of Donal's blog for years and after working my way through almost every recipe in his first book Good Mood Food: Simple, Healthy, Home Cooking it's great to see he's churning out even more great culinary wonders. From the homemade spin on the classic "Beans on Toast" to the messy delight of "Pulled Pork Burgers", the recipes strike a balance between original and classic that has me super excited to see them come to life on the TV show very soon!
on 20 May 2011
I already have Donals first book and was looking forward to getting this one and it didnt disappoint.
Simple easy receipes that uses ingredients you will have in your kitchen already.
on 28 November 2011
Donal Skehan is rapidly becoming Ireland's twinkly eyed answer to Jamie Oliver (who in turn is becoming the UK's answer to Martha Stewart). In his early twenties, Kitchen Hero is already his second book.

Although recipes like smoky fish pie and cheesy cauliflower bake aren't by any means unique, there's great attention to detail producing a very slick attractive book indeed. No wonder Rachel Allen is quoted on the cover saying how much she loves him.

We don't get Donal's Kitchen Hero TV show in the UK but if it exudes the energy that pours out of his website and book, we're missing a treat. Watch this space for someone destined to start an empire of restaurants and mail order businesses if he follows in the steps of the big JO. I bought this book on the back of the artwork and food styling alone but the dishes inside are realistic and tempting enough to make me want to cook all of them tomorrow.
on 6 April 2011
I love this book! It's full of recipes that I know I'll love, and with ingredients that are easily available.
It's good, wholesome food that you don't have to be an experienced cook to make.
on 6 April 2011
This is the eagerly-awaited cookbook from Ireland's latest Home Cook. Donal Skehan, I feel, has aimed his recipes at students, busy Mums & Dads, just in from work, or work from home. A complete cross section is catered for, with inexpensive ingredients, which are easily sourced at the supermarket. Easy to follow, and beautifully styled, something for everyone.
on 6 April 2011
I do not cook. There are many reasons for this. I burn things. I explode things. I set fire to things.
I've tried Jamie Oliver. I've tried Delia Smith. Jamie I found too simplistic. Delia I found *terrifying*.

But Donal's 2nd cookery book, Kitchen Hero, made me understand the process of cooking far better. I found it approachable but not condescending. I was suddenly unafraid, and found myself mixing things in bowls and putting things into the oven that came out more or less what the picture looked like (slight exaggeration). Thanks Donal!
on 7 April 2011
Delighted to finally get my hands on Donal's new book! I have his other book and constantly use it. I really find his recipes so easy to follow and they taste amazing!!!

Salads are amazing especially with the weather being so brilliant at the moment and a must try is the asian pork lettuce cups! YUM!!!
on 13 May 2016
Excellent book, easy recipes that you actually feel you could make, unlike a lot of recipe books that are too fussy and may only have a few thst us ordinary home cooks would tackle.