on 27 February 2013
I was very curious how a product so primitive - essentially, a rubber cylinder - can do the job of peeling garlic cloves, and because of its (relatively) good reviews, I decided to buy one and see for myself how it works. At first, it seemed not to work, but after some getting used to, it actually peels some 70% of the cloves well. Repeat for the unsuccessful cloves, and most likely all of them will be peeled the second time.

Conclusion: it's far from perfect but for such a simple device, it does save you the time & discomfort of doing this chore manually.
on 24 January 2013
Chop the ends off the buds then place in centre, use medium level of palm force to roll garlic.. three roles and skin comes straight off. Then simply rinse
on 31 December 2011
I first discovered the joy of fast peeling my garlic cloves with a silicone tube when I got a small yellow one free with a Titan Super Peeler. It really speeded up my cooking preparation time and helped keep the garlic smell off my fingers.

I lost that in a move and took a chance that they all work the same so bought the cheapest I could find - this one.

It is just as good as my first one AND is actually bigger in both length & diameter. This makes it better than my original one as you could not squeeze in very large cloves. So far I have not encountered a clove that will not fit.

I am giving it 4 stars because it does not peel 100% perfectly all the time. Occasionally it takes extra effort and very rarely still some peel stays on.
on 1 July 2014
Product arrived looking like something had been chewing on one of the corners. But after a strong disinfecting and cutting the damaged bit off, I tried it out. It works really well, and stops you getting horrible garlicy smelling fingers. Can't really complain, for the price it is!
on 28 October 2013
I don't know how, but this really works. Saves a lot of fiddle pealing.
Only draw back - it took a long time to be delivered from China!
on 12 January 2014
it is a good easy way to peel your garlic, but it is just a piece of silicone rubber nothing to get excited about.
on 10 January 2014
Great kitchen tool. This is so easy to use and it also works. Would recommend this tool for others to buy.
on 28 December 2013
This product Is pure genius. It was recommended to me by a friend because I love cooking and was complaining about garlic smell on my fingers.... The product has solved my problem. It works in less then 10 seconds. Well worth the money and probably my favourite kitchen accessory to date. Love it!!
on 4 September 2014
These are brilliant and no one seems to have them so they make a nice little present. These ones are cruder, less elegant, than the ones you find in kitchen shops, but cheaper.

Again I would like to pay a bit more for more refinement, because I give them away as presents.
on 3 April 2014
I purchased the silicone peeling tube as I was fed up with my hands smelling of garlic when cooking. With the tube you just pop in the clove and rub it a few times and out pops the peeled clove fantastic! Very easy to wash and makes my life so much easier. Happy customer