4.0 out of 5 stars Handy time saving kitchen aid - that works!
I first discovered the joy of fast peeling my garlic cloves with a silicone tube when I got a small yellow one free with a Titan Super Peeler. It really speeded up my cooking preparation time and helped keep the garlic smell off my fingers.

I lost that in a move and took a chance that they all work the same so bought the cheapest I could find - this one...
Published on 31 Dec 2011 by Ali Khan

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, but does the job.
Product arrived looking like something had been chewing on one of the corners. But after a strong disinfecting and cutting the damaged bit off, I tried it out. It works really well, and stops you getting horrible garlicy smelling fingers. Can't really complain, for the price it is!
Published 2 months ago by Kate Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy time saving kitchen aid - that works!, 31 Dec 2011
Ali Khan (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silicone Garlic Peeling Tube (Colours May Vary) (Kitchen & Home)

It is just as good as my first one AND is actually bigger in both length & diameter. This makes it better than my original one as you could not squeeze in very large cloves. So far I have not encountered a clove that will not fit.

I am giving it 4 stars because it does not peel 100% perfectly all the time. Occasionally it takes extra effort and very rarely still some peel stays on.

5.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 12 Jan 2014
it is a good easy way to peel your garlic, but it is just a piece of silicone rubber nothing to get excited about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, 28 Oct 2013
I don't know how, but this really works. Saves a lot of fiddle pealing.
Only draw back - it took a long time to be delivered from China!

4.0 out of 5 stars Somehow works!, 27 Feb 2013
I was very curious how a product so primitive - essentially, a rubber cylinder - can do the job of peeling garlic cloves, and because of its (relatively) good reviews, I decided to buy one and see for myself how it works. At first, it seemed not to work, but after some getting used to, it actually peels some 70% of the cloves well. Repeat for the unsuccessful cloves, and most likely all of them will be peeled the second time.

Conclusion: it's far from perfect but for such a simple device, it does save you the time & discomfort of doing this chore manually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kitchen tool!, 10 Jan 2014
Great kitchen tool. This is so easy to use and it also works. Would recommend this tool for others to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple idea, great results, 24 Jan 2013
Chop the ends off the buds then place in centre, use medium level of palm force to roll garlic.. three roles and skin comes straight off. Then simply rinse

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Very effective! It makes peeling garlic effortless!

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, but does the job., 1 July 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged and dirty, 16 Jun 2014
The tube I received was only fit for the bin. It appeared to have been chewed by some small animal (rodent?), and was covered in dirt and dust both inside and outside.

I contacted the seller who asked to see photographic proof of the damage, but to be fair to them, they sent me a full refund once they'd seen the state of it.

I can only assume there is no quality control carried out on these products.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 23 May 2014
Really poor quality, it looks like something has eaten one of the corners.

I know its less than 1pound but I would never buy it again.

Silicone Garlic Peeling Tube (Colours May Vary)
Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 days