5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Regency Romance
I've never read this author before so I thought I'd give one of her books a try. I'm so glad I did! What a gem!

Great characterisation and believable characters. There is some sensuality in this book, but no overt sexuality, which I prefer.

Published on 26 Jun 2011 by M. Hands

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Awful
Published 5 months ago by Clare D Hedger

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Regency Romance, 26 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Best Intentions (A Regency Romance) (Kindle Edition)

I loved the heroine Hannah, who seems forever to be getting into scrapes and whose sister despairs of ever being a lady. I read this book from cover to cover really quickly, it had me hooked and I wanted to know what would happen next.

If you love Regency Romance and Georgette Heyer, then this book will pleasantly surprise you.

4.0 out of 5 stars amusing, 22 July 2011
This review is from: The Best Intentions (A Regency Romance) (Kindle Edition)
A quick read not to deep but the characters are well thought out. The story leaves sex to the imagination something I prefer. My only gripe is with the editing most of us can spell "Gentleman"

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming!, 15 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Best Intentions (Paperback)
A wonderfully charming book! I finished it with a happy sigh and a "feel-good" feeling. Very highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Story, 15 July 2011
This review is from: The Best Intentions (A Regency Romance) (Kindle Edition)
I bought this kindle today and I just could not stop reading until I had finished it. A truly delightful story with absolutely lovely, well defined characters. A very engaging story. Charming and funny.
I highly recommend lovers of romance to read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well above the average., 28 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Best Intentions (Paperback)
I couldn't finish one of her earlier books, don't recall the name. I read this one straight through. Wonderful story. It's as well written as any book by Carla Kelly or Mary Balogh.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Awful, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Best Intentions (A Regency Romance) (Kindle Edition)
I, like many others I suspect, have a guilty Georgette Heyer habit and crave more. This is a miserable imitation. Not only is it littered with Americanisms, 20th century behaviour and completely anachronistic sexual references, it lacks the most basic research. For example you cannot get from Northamptonshire to Lincolnshire by train or road in 2 hours now never mind by curricle in the 18th century and there are no grouse to shoot in Northamptonshire either. I did read to the end, Georgette should have made this into a wonderful comedy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, Well written, but not a patch on the master that is Heyer, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Best Intentions (A Regency Romance) (Kindle Edition)
I did enjoy this book very much, so much that I was reading it as I was walking to get the train rather than just on the train each morning which is always a sign something has gripped me. It was my first and I'll probably get a few more as they are great escapism.

However, they are not a patch on the master that is Georgette Heyer. Her use of language is just amazing, you feel drawn into the period in which she is writing about as if its exactly how men and women would have behaved, whereas with Candice Hern I definately felt as if it was a historical novel written by someone in the present, applying modern values to that time period, and for that reason I can't give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable escapism, 13 Sep 2011
Barbara Pearson (Bracknell, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Intentions (A Regency Romance) (Kindle Edition)
As a recent Kindle owner, I browsed for romance books to take with me on holiday.

This book had some good reviews, so although I'd never read her I thought I'd give it a go, and I'm very glad I did.

I'd read most of the Georgette Heyer books some time ago, but this reminded me of what I enjoyed about her books.

The characters were fun, the plot predictable but engaging, and all in all a great read.

I will read this author again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just discovered her as a writer, and have read a few books already,, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Best Intentions (A Regency Romance) (Kindle Edition)
I like her way of writing and enjoy the period dramas that she creates.Don'y want to say any more. thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 2 April 2014
This review is from: The Best Intentions (A Regency Romance) (Kindle Edition)
Fast paced with good characters but felt a bit rushed at the end average read if u like regency romances