5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome! Could not put it down!
Published on 16 Sep 2009 by Mr. Carl Greenwell

3.0 out of 5 stars Down but not out
I found it quite difficult to like this guy
And the first 25% of the book he seemed obsessed with writing thinly veiled criticisms of his wingman iceman.
Published on 29 Aug 2011 by masspecguy

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome! Could not put it down!, 16 Sep 2009
Mr. Carl Greenwell (england) - See all my reviews
I literally mean i could not put this book down! I was even late for my friend's birthday party because i was so engrossed as the rescue was about to happen! I learned about this book from another great book called 'Cheating death' by a Skyraider pilot who flew on the Streetcar mission. It got me interested to know more detail about this historical rescue mission, and so i bought this book.

All i can say is WOW!! It is written in such great visual detail it puts the reader in the authors shoes. Everything from getting catapaulted from a carrier deck to hiding in the jungle as enemy soldiers walk just inches past him, you are right there with him, pounding heart and all! I literally gave a heavy sigh of releif at countless lucky close calls, and the final rescue will have you mentally screaming encouragement!

This has to be my new favourite book and one of the few i can read over and over again.

This new book will no doubt be made into a blockbuster movie once word gets around about this already famous mission (you heard it here first!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Down but not out, 29 Aug 2011
I found it quite difficult to like this guy
The theme of what are people thinking about him crops up through out the book , as if over explaining that it wasn't his fault he got shot down. Exposing what I can only assume is an inferiority complex.
Even stating what other people reportedly said about him in a good light "That guys got spunk they thought"
That aside the story as it stands whilst on the run is very readable.
There is a decent epilog at the end and the story of the captured sandy who then spent years as a POW looks like the real best seller here

5.0 out of 5 stars Indeed a very good book!, 26 May 2011
Michael Wales (Puter room) - See all my reviews
Very good book, well written and in a way where you are there with him. A must buy for anyone into Vietnam books that air on the side of first person accounts.