on 18 August 2015
Not used in anger yet, so don't know if I'll get any feedback or cross-talk from nearby cab offices or anything using UHF frequencies yet. But so far tested and this is a brilliant mic. I have a wired backup just in case but this will be great for my DJing. Great price, works well, great range, and sturdy construction. I love the fact that the mic itself runs on a single AA battery. The sound is clear, no noise, works great.
on 1 June 2015
Works well, good response and clear. However, as this is a fixed frequency unit make sure any other wireless units are not on the same frequency as they will operate through this unit. Had it linked to the sound desk at our Church and the headset the minister was using came through the speakers even when the base unit was switched off. So could here him speaking before the service in private conversation.
on 19 December 2015
Probably the second best musical item I have purchased this year. I have been using it all month at most of my Christmas gigs and it has really impressed me and I still haven't had to change the battery. The WMS40 is probably the cheapest wireless microphone system on the market and sounds very much like an SM58 and also so easy to use due to the fact that it just uses one UHF Frequency, just simply plug and play. OK, so there is some handling noise but just leave it on a microphone stand or hold it gently in your hand whilst singing, that works for me. You also soon get used to the switch. I couldn't afford the wireless microphone system I really wanted but I have certainly not regretted my choice and have also put the expensive wireless microphone system on hold for the time being mainly because I simply don't need it now. I did a lot of research on the internet before buying and then took the plunge. They say that you get what you pay for, well I certainly got more for my money than I ever expected. I hope that this review helps you make the right choice. UH
on 30 March 2015
My first impressions were that the microphone appeared to look very plastic and not built to last. The built quality is acceptable, however in fairness the receiver box is a full metal chassis. The microphone has very clear sound quality and is very easy to use. As a mobile dj a good microphone is essential and this one fits the bill nicely!
on 15 November 2015
Good Microphone for the price. I've been a holiday park entertainer/cabaret artist for 5 years now and I bought this as a quick stop gap after my Sennheiser ew100 G2 died. This microphone is quick and easy to set up. It's very light weight which is great as an entertainer as I'm on it all night long. Great sound quality and very clear. Only down side is the plastic casing, when you are talking you can hear the plasticy casing making noises through the microphone which can be annoying when hosting game shows or bingo. But when you're singing and you've got you band and everything hiding it it has great sound. I've stood under our speakers through the venue with no feedback. Also is a little quiet at times, we had the volume on the receiver up and the gain on the desk rather high. But all in all a great mic for the price. Fantastic... I've actually just bought another AKG but a much higher up one! Well and truly been converted from Sennheiser :)
on 3 February 2015
Excellent mic well priced low feed back at close range to speakers.Light mic to hold in your hand if you are singing for long periods and great delivery service from Amazon what more could you ask for at a good price the only one bad point it comes with no jack lead to connect it to your equipment
on 23 May 2015
I have used many microphones over the years, especially as my favourite SM58's are now so expensive, I have just bought this AKG, and I can't believe the quality of sound for this price. Thank you so much again Amazon for another quality product at a realistic price.
on 1 March 2015
used this mic for the first time last night and i have to say it truly is a brilliant mic the sound is crisp and clean no p p p p p at all for the price it is well on par with our sennhiser mic. You should try it for yourself you wont be let down
on 1 March 2013
i bought this about a month ago and have used it out for the gigs a couple of times already, the reciever is tiny it just fit along with my laptop in my latop bag. it also sounds great, almost better than my shure sm 58. it powered with doulbe AA battery that last 30 hrs of used. the only downside for it is the mic itself is too light, maybe it's just me because i like my mic heavy, im used to shure wireless and wired for a few years at the bar where i used to work and now it's time for me to buy my own equipment so choosed this AKG set which i don't regret buying it,it's half cheaper than the shure wireless but its the same price as the sm58. overall it's fantastic little mic the reason i knocked 1 star down coz of its wieght.
22 comments3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2015
Great Value For Money, Does What It Says On The Box, One Small Problem. The On Off Switch Needs Looking At. Its Too Inverted, Making It Difficult To Switch On And Off.