4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy
I didn't get this product from amazon but because it has no reviews what so ever, I thought I'd do one for the product.
Published 22 months ago by Jake Mulhern

Ordered and received item. Tested at home - OK. Used in performance environment - much interference, kept cutting out, unusable. Tried in different venue - did not work at all. Tested again at home, did not work. Returned for replacement.
Received replacement, tested at home - OK. Tested in venue, much interference, kept cutting out, unreliable.
Have searched...
Published 9 months ago by Dhp Clark

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 6 Sep 2012
This review is from: AKG WMS40 Mini Wireless Instrument Set ISM3 System (Electronics)
The product is great, you may be put off by the word "mini", but don't worry, that doesn't change anything. It's a brilliant wireless kit, easy to set up and you lose no tone at all. I can plug this into my amp upstairs, plug the transmitter into my guitar and hook it to my strap, walk downstairs, into my garden and all the way to the back of the garden and it still doesn't lose tone or signal.
I think the signal is about 30 meters range, so for gigging, this kit is fantastic. For the price, I'd definitely recommend it to musicians who don't like using wires on stage or just practising at home.

The only bad thing about this is that it comes with one frequency, this isn't really a bad problem unless you have two musicians using this in one band, just make sure you buy 2 that have different frequencies as the products come with different ones (it says on the box the exact frequency).

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I could have wished for at the price, 26 Dec 2012
What do you want for Christmas? my wife asked. Although I'm always buying myself toys in the music line, for some reason had never considered a wireless set. So I set out on a lengthy fact finding search across the internet.
I nearly decided on the Line 6 relay system, which although well reviewed is about 3 times the price of the AKG. Well you get what you pay for don't you? Well after reading a good deal of reviews I took a punt on the AKG WMS40 and I'm glad I did.
Although I have not been able to do a direct comparison with other wireless systems, I am surprised and delighted with the AKG WMS40 as it offers incredible value and sound quality for your money. It's well made rugged simplicity has you up and running within minutes.
I favour vintage Fender valve amps with Fender Strats and there is no loss in tone, if anything the highs seem brighter and better defined than with my (Van Damm) guitar leads. I have tried wandering from room to room and there is no dropout whatsoever, so small to medium stages should pose no problem. This is going to be great at gigs especially at sound checks - being able to wander round the venue is going to make it a doodle. I would urge anyone considering a wireless system to at least try one of these excellent units before parting with - what could be - unnecessary cash on a more expensive system.

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works, 10 Jun 2013
Its great works as advertised no problems no delay - it just works inside and out. No more wires to trip over

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to distinguish from a wired connection., 9 Jun 2013
This was my second purchase of a transmitter/receiver. I tried a cheaper variant with an integrated transmitter and jack, I think the brand was WTG. The price difference was only 20. It had a jack that folded and locked into the receiver, but because it was so poorly made, with nothing being properly aligned and the plastic being so cheap and flimsy, it virtually disintegrated within minutes and was outlived by its battery. Cosmetics aside, the other 'bug' type transmitters are almost identical, so I would avoid them unless you're desperate. This one, however, is a gem and money well spent. It gives more than promised, providing over triple its reported range, delay-free/clean/seemingly lossless transmission, weighing almost nothing and sporting a clip that holds it firmly in place. At 80 I'd be very surprised if it weren't the editor's choice in a group test, assuming the guitar magazines get tired of reviewing unaffordable, mass produced, US guitars every time they give them a new paint job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 Feb 2014
I was a bit skeptical when I saw the price however I bought it, received use it for many gigs and rehearsals and not had one problem with it. To any train musical ear you can hear a bit of latency the further away you go but they range will do any size venue.

Well worth buying!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter wireless but bit of an awkward connection, 1 July 2013
For a starter wireless for any type of music (Myself using it in a metal band and going off stage/general antics) this is great quality for money - my only quarrel is the connection being a jack to mini xlr and how difficult it is acquire a replacement if the one you are using breaks. If I needed one quickly in an emergency I would see absolutely no way of acquiring one quickly if the primary one broke.

Just bare this in mind when purchasing

5.0 out of 5 stars ace!!, 27 May 2013
great product,easy to use,great sound!! fast delivery,gigged it loads,great to wander round a venue with no wires,no more wires,fantastic!! cool...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wireless system, 25 Sep 2012
I bought this after using a wireless pack at an oudoor gig and thought how fantastic the freedom was, but did'nt want to spend too much as I'm pretty cheap, my bass player has an expensive 200 setup that works well and I was'nt sure about spending only 81, but I should'nt have worried, it is a fantastic little piece of kit, at home I can go outside and all the way to the bottom of the garden and it still works well, and on stage it gives you the freedom to go wherever you want rather than only a few feet from your pedalboard, it works straight into the amp or in front of the pedalboard, which is how I have it setup, you can spin and jump around without worry of stepping on your lead, it's so much more fun.
I was going to buy one of the new "bug" type packs but was told by a big music shop they have had a few back cos when you jump around they fall out the jack input, so glad I got this one.
El

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable; poor user information; poor troubleshooting information., 19 Oct 2013
Dhp Clark "Dizzy Fingers" (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Have searched for advice and troubleshooting information, so far unsuccessfully.
I can't believe that two in succession are faulty, but I also can't find any information to help me resolve the problem.
There don't seem to be any discussion forums to help out with set-up issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin., 6 July 2013
Bought this because I was tired of stumbling around in a rats nest of cables in a crowded "stage" area[1] and trod on my own guitar lead once too often. Now all I have to worry about is the leads between the wireless, amp, and pedalboard (which can be securely taped down or run out of the way around the edge of the stage area).

Works ridiculously well for the money. No gross effects on tone (yes you can tell the difference playing on your own in a quiet room but in a band mix in a noisy pub it's fine), no interference or taxi dispatchers audible yet, no drop-outs at the sort of ranges you're working with in a pub or small club, and best of all you can walk out and listen to yourself in the mix at sound check!

Thoroughly reccomended, I'm sure there are better solutions for truly pro acts playing 5 nights a week on big stages but, for me, doing a pub gig or two a week and the odd small festival, party, or bike rally, at this price, it's a no-brainer....

[1] Lets be realistic here, at the sort of gigs my band mostly plays that means a large bay window or one end of a bar wedged uncomfortably around the fireplace. You might think this makes cable management less of an issue than it would be on a proper stage but you'd be wrong...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›