4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Music but....., 14 Feb 2013
ARCHIE - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bach, JS : Sacred Cantatas Vol.1 : BWV1-14, 16-19 (MP3 Download)
As I have developed a great liking for Bach sacred cantatas, I knew that I would be pleased with this recording...and I am. However, I did not see the need to replace the first choral track of no.3 with the similarly titled first track from no.158. My big complaint about this download is that it does not download and save properly. The main reason for this is because the track titles are too long and the computer can't handle them. Imagine my surprise when, after downloading 120 tracks, only about 20 showed in my Amazon mp3 folder. I eventually discovered that if you map the folder as a network drive, all the tracks will show but you will have to go through the process of shortening the track titles if you wish to do anything else with them. My desktop computer runs Windows 7, my laptop Windows 8. When downloading to the laptop, Windows 8 refused to download the tracks with over-long titles altogether, giving a download error. The second problem came from the fact that there are 120 tracks and I had to split the download into two separate folders and rename and renumber the second folder as my programs have difficulty coping with track numbers higher than 99. It is a good job the music was worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 31 Jan 2013
Dr. Bernardo Pinto Almeida (Portugal) - See all my reviews
A marvelous record that should figure in every house, as it gets you closer to God and your spiritual life