5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Not original, I realise, but brilliantly executed. Hugh Howey is worth reading, his characters live and he can handle ideas.
Published 16 months ago by Martin J. Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but suprisingly predicable
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars A good story, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Plagiarist (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the Wool and Shift books and thought I'd try more. I wasn't disappointed. I grew up reading my father's scifi books and short story collections and this story took me back in time to my discovery of writers such as Asimov and Heinlein and the enjoyment I had reading their work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Real or not real, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Plagiarist (Kindle Edition)
Real or not real the moral of the story lies in the way you interpret the words. I loved the eloquence and meshing together of the fabric surrounding this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Mar 2013
Martin J. Green (Singapore) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but suprisingly predicable, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Plagiarist (Kindle Edition)
When I discovered the Wool series I devoured it. This took me several attempts to read. Once it got going I found it jogged along reasonably well, but the ending was telegraphed from very early on. At the heart of The Plagiarist is a very clever idea - just as there is in Wool. I really wish Howey had taken the time to execute it better. He could have made another great series out of it instead of this rather tame story.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellen novella, 16 Mar 2014
I ordered this as I thoroughly enjoyed Howey's Wool trilogy. This was the first time I ever read a novella.
It is a great imaginative story, brilliantly written. It's only 57 pages long but conveys a whole lot in those.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Plagiarist (Kindle Edition)
Another fantastic offering from Hugh Howey. One of those stories that make you look over shoulder and wonder who's watching!

4.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative Tale about the Human Race's Loss of Imagination, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Plagiarist (Kindle Edition)
Imagine that there are no writers like Hugh Howey. Imagine that nobody can imagine anymore. Prose and poetry are plagiarized from computer avatars in fabricated worlds. Could it happen?

You be the judge.

This story will lead you to places you could never imagine. And then it will scare you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable novella, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Plagiarist (Kindle Edition)
Rather like the Stephen King novel about the mystery pink Kindle, this is a good standalone story. To say more would spoil it but if you like short sci-fi that gets to the point, explains the concepts colourfully and clearly, doesn't have too much character description and gets to the (poignant) point, then this is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars there's a lot of honey going on just now, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Plagiarist (Kindle Edition)
Everywhere I turn there seems to be a howey novel on the shelf. This short story would make me want to read more by this author. It's an interesting paradox, reality, illusion type conundrum and you will see the climax coming but that's not a bad thing, because for whatever reason, you will feel for the main character.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paused for thought, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Plagiarist (Kindle Edition)
This is not the kind of book I'd normally read but having read the Silo trilogy I decided to explore some more of Hugh Howey's work.
And I wasn't disappointed. The central character talks you on an emotional rollercoaster as he "dates" one lady online whilst another pursues him online asking "are we ever going to meet". But this isn't an online dating saga, and when they do finally meet it blows the lid off of everything you thought the book was about. I loved it and paused for thought afterwards in this virtual world, but to tell you more would spoil the story. Give it a go, you wont be disappointed!

The Plagiarist