5.0 out of 5 stars Best light I've ever had for work!!, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Triple Bright Lamp, 3 x 14W Tubes for 250w of Daylight. (Kitchen & Home)
This is an amazing lamp. I work with small parts and this lamp helps make everything visible whether it's a dull day or the middle of the night. It takes away that yellow colour you get with most lamps and makes it like day, it's incredible. I would emphasise though that this lamp can be purchased a lot cheaper elsewhere, it's worth checking the internet, particularly sites that sell products specially designed for people with poor eyesight.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Massive light., 10 Feb 2012
M. Sunderland "remarkableape" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
This light was for working at a desk with small items. It is perfect. It is a big light though and covers most of the desk. Which is good. Probably better mounted on a heavy desk or wall. Does what it is supposed to and does it brightly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not glaring - or "beam me up…", 23 Feb 2014
Ivan Bradley "Using Mrs's credit card again..." (Central England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I was a bit worried 'bout finding room for this as I have a very cluttered work area with not many places to locate the base clamp, and though I read and reread the spec and reviews I couldn't be certain that I could mount this to the side of me rather than in front of me where my main monitor needs to be.
I'm delighted to confirm that it is perfectly at home working from the side, just enough forward that the shade doesn't collide with the support arm when the lamp is higher than the elbow joint. The head rotates over a much wider range than I feared. The slightly ambiguous blurb waxed about the excellent positionability but somehow didn't clarify what I needed to know and this was also impossible to work out from the product photographs. It fits like perfick, tho'.

I agree with all the positive stuff other reviewers have said - but the lamp, and the light it provides is MUCH better than I would have expected, even from the rave reviews. I feared it might be huge, but it's rather compact considering the size of the illuminating bit. It IS big, certainly, but its also as compact as it could be and doesn't have to lean back the wrong way to counterbalance itself. It has the feel of something very well designed.

There's a lot less glare than I expected. The grid "lens" (baffle?) over the tubes works a bit like a grid-snoot on a studio lamp or the slde-spill stoppers on traffic lights so there's no direct light in the eyes even when the lamp is quite close and above eye level. I'm guestimating you've got to be inside 40 of axis to get dazzled. Spill (onto the monitor, in my situation) is less than might be expected even though the light pool is big and soft.
It's a bit OTT to use as a keyboard light, which is what I'd expected, plus it makes my brand new replacement apple keyboard look like an abused, dust-covered antique but for drawing and illustrating on paper, which is what i got it for, it's like working in a north window in a sunny day. Detail that is almost subliminal leaps out under this thing, and sketches which were O.K-ish under room lighting now have all their faults exposed - Hmm, I thought that was one line, not a chain of pencil markings nearly showing the same edge of my subject. Fixing it is a breeze when you can see exactly what's going on.

It is not insanely bright. It is VERY bright, certainly, but it's a comfortable, stress-free bright.

It also looks great. I have a classic white d2-headed Anglepoise™ that is just a touch larger and that has the classic external springs and a ballast near the top of the lower arm. The Triple is much sleeker and the light is much better, of course, much much brighter and softer than the Anglepoise and the Anglepoise IS very good, even though the tube is a warmer white. (I can fix that, I think with an _expensive_ 6500 tube.)

I HATE warm white fluorescents. I always have and I always will; even when they're bright, there's something terribly sickly about the warm greenish light they produce and the full spectrum daylight is infinitely better for working or reading in (strictly speaking I'd prefer that the standard had been 5 to 5.5k "noon daylight" rather than the slightly colder 6.5k which all daylight tubes now seem to be, but I really am splitting hairs - either is infinitely preferable to the vile 3.8K or whatever it is that domestic lumiaires come fitted with and that fatiguing, SAD-inducing alien glow that comes out of the dismal energy-saving bulbs that the government has forced up us is not even worthy of comment. Bleugh.)

The 6.5K lamps in the triple provide a far more neutral, comfortable light than anything I can remember using. The lamp head is properly, easily positional and (so far) there doesn't seem to be any backlash when doing so. The light stays put (better than the Anglepoise, in fact.) Maybe it looks a bit "medical" if you have a flouncy, chintzy room but personally, I like that clean-lined unornamented and functional sci-fi styling.

I love this thing. I should have got one earlier, I really should. You should too.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes a difference with very good daylight, 25 Dec 2013
C. L. R. Burdett (Hoo UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for studio work. An excellent product so far. Makes working in artificial light a delight. Why did I not get one sooner????

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I have been looking for, 17 Nov 2013
Having this daylight lamp has revolutionised my life. Now I can do any artwork at any time of day or evening. From this time of year onwards I just always ran out of daylight hours, was always clock watching, and never able to paint or draw after dark. The lamp produces a wonderful steady light, much like daylight and without any shadows. I am thrilled with the light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 21 Nov 2012
A bright lamp with good position ability and large lit area. I can now work at night. No problem with flashing just a very gentle hum I don't even notice any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 12 May 2014
Blooming expensive but very good top work by, and the fact that its a daylight bulb helps to reduce fatigue

5.0 out of 5 stars triple bright lamp, 20 April 2014
Well made and stays in the position it's put.
Not suitable for a vertical drawing board, but a good buy
The replacement tubes are a bit expensive.
All in all I can recommend it very highly

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb light, 8 April 2014
Excellent light which does every thing claimed of it. Clear daylight on the desk with no flicker. Easily adjusted once assembled correctly (first time had one bracket backwards!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 12 Feb 2014
Bought this for the other half's craft room.

It's been ideal for working with fabrics on quilting projects - the daylight balancing helps with recognising subtle differences in colours while the "cleaness" of the light has helped to reduce eye strain. The light is used both in daytime and in the evening for this reason.

Positioned a few feet above the cutting mat, the light has a very wide bulb which helps to produce a virtually shadowless work space.

A hefty investment, but money well spent.

Triple Bright Lamp, 3 x 14W Tubes for 250w of Daylight.
108.49