on 28 December 2011
I received a 16GB version of this for Christmas. Potentially it is a great design as the housing seems very solid and attractive. However, as soon as I opened the packet the USB part slid under its own weight into the open position, leaving the connector exposed when the device is hanging from a key ring etc. When pushed back into its shell, it doesn't grip or latch, and slides out again as soon as it is picked up. This effectively means that the device, which if its design worked would be very well protected, isn't protected at all! As I have only seen one other reviewer mention this problem, it seems I have been unlucky, but the manufacturer should improve their quality control.
on 13 February 2012
I have trouble with data storage devices. I generally find that when I need them they've crawled into a dusty corner somewhere, only to re-emerge on the day a replacement USB arrives in the post. To counteract this, I've bought several keyring type devices. This has also lead to problems as they either disintegrate in my pocket, or the keyring attachment breaks. I am happy to report that this device appears to be sturdy both in its construction and in terms of its keyring attachment. I'd buy another one, but paradoxically that would now be superfluous. Finally, it appears someone has been foolish enough to design a USB stick that won't require me to replace it every few weeks. Thanks, suckers.
on 26 January 2014
This review applies to the 16GB version.
It was a Christmas present from a relative. It came sealed in a small anti-static bag.
When I plugged it in to my PC, my antivirus software told me it was infected with 2 Trojans!! The PC had to be rebooted in order to clear them. And then I had to fix some configuration changes which had happened as a result.
In trying to be fair to the supply chain, we gave feedback to Amazon on 29th December - we have not been contacted by either Amazon or Gadget Express to date. To say I'm not happy is an understatement - hence this negative review - a first for me.
Who knows, all of them may be infected.
In any case the stick is not being used - what a waste! I strongly suggest any owners make sure it's been scanned before they use it.
By the way - it gets one star because I can't submit a review unless I give it a star.
Just updated my review on 5th February - still no contact from Amazon or Gadget Express!
on 26 December 2011
I bought 2 of these one for me and he 'boss' and hey are brilliant. I can keep me work fies on it an it never leaves my side and my wife uses her mainly for carrying photo's of e kids about.
on 25 June 2012
This is the second of this type of flashdrive I have purchased. Robust andalways works first time - not always the case. Onlybdrawback is small capacity - would love to buy more but with more g.
on 22 June 2012
This Memory USB peg looks really sleek and cool. It is heavier than other Memory sticks, but that it not a problem for me. It works as all other memory sticks, easy and efficiently
on 17 April 2012
Brilliant finish and value - item is very low cost for the capacity, strong metal housing and great value for money, arrived next day and does was it says on the tin!
on 16 January 2012
I bought two. Both work as intended on my Win 7 computer. However, my car, a 2010 VW Touran, radio does not 'see' them when plugged into the USB socket. Neither does my new (Christmas 2011) Digital radio/hi-fi. This is a great disappointment, as that's what I bought them for. As I am a musician, I wanted to transport my huge collection of MP3 music around with me.
on 1 October 2011
excellent quality product, looks and feels as if it will last. holds plenty of data and looks good. so far no problems with this product well worth the money
on 3 May 2012
Chunky enough to survive being in a bag and moved around, yet smart to look at too. Keyring a godsend! Fast delivery. Great service.