on 13 February 2012
I bought this as present and I wanted the threads to be in a nice box. But I was VERY DISAPOINTED because the box look old and in bad condition, it had marks on the wood (paint marks but also scratched), the window on top was scratched and had glue marks, the wood that separates the threads was loose because the glue failed. In the end I bought a new display box as I wanted to give this as a present. If you just want to but this just for the threads then yeah it is ok.
on 9 February 2014
Bought as a stocking filler and recipient was delighted. Nice wooden box with (safety)perspex lid, so lovely to give as a gift.
Seems like you get a lot for your money with 60 threads in the box. I do not know much they cost individually but I felt it was a bargain. Would recommend.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2013
This is a great wee box with all you need to get tying. Ideal for me as a beginner. It is as described and even has various wire thread. May not be for the more experienced tyer but if your starting out like me its got everything to get tying.
on 9 April 2013
there was a mark on the plastic/glass but i was overall happy with the product. Bought it for my dad for his birthday, he loved it. It was a great price and i am happy with my purchase:)
on 6 February 2013
Bought this for my husband for xmas. He loved it. Great value for money and arrived within days. Very good
on 2 December 2014
Brilliant selection of threads and tinsels for Fly Tying.
The wooden box is a little rough and ready, but who cares!
The product is great value for money.
on 9 July 2014
great value for the price & didnt realise it came in the lovely case to. it had everything in it that he needed to help tie his flys. prompt delivery a bonus to!
on 4 July 2016
Could not believe how many threads you get for the money. All sealed in with a clear cover to keep them all in place. Great value.
on 28 September 2013
Arrived the day after I placed the order & husband very happy with the quality of the product & well packed
on 10 October 2015
Perfect for what I needed and presented well in a little wooden box. Arrived very quickly as well