5.0 out of 5 stars Great
High quality speakers required to appreciate the whole spectrum of "butter wouldn't melt in your mouth" sound. Get the other album too.
Published 15 months ago by Ellis

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 2 Feb 2012 by John Mclusky

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 31 May 2014
M. G. Price - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finest Hour (Audio CD)
Superb music, every track brings something new to the album. Mixing and Vocal processing are perfect too! CD arrived in new condition plastic wrapped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic & Mesmerising, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Finest Hour (Audio CD)
This band are fab!! A must see live band. Play this CD so much!, it's like the finest hour when it's on...

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare treat, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Finest Hour (MP3 Download)
I discovered Submotion Orchestra while searching youtube for bands of the same caliber as Massive Attack. Submotion Orchestra's album Finest Hour did not disappoint. This is the perfect album for chilling late at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars New favourite band!, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Finest Hour (Audio CD)
I purchased this album by mistake, and I have to say what a great mistake that was, I was looking for Andreya Triana and I thought this album had something to do with her as she is amazing (it hasn't).
I have to say this album is as silky smooth as "lost where I belong" by Andreya Triana but in my opinion it is a better album. Ruby Wood provides vocals that make you want to melt, if you like zero 7, Bonobo or Sia, I am sure you will love this.
This album starts with the very chilled out "Angel Eyes" and on first listen I expected that to be the theme of the album, a chilled late night Zero 7 like chill fest, but no. This album has more depth with upbeat numbers like "pop and Lock" that almost take you into a sort of jazz garage vibe (yes I made that up). The one thing that I keep thinking when listening to this album is that I should be in a very expensive, very cool bar in the coolest part of town drinking something I can't afford. This album is the best album I have heard all year, I haven't been this excited about an artist since I discovered Bonobo all those years ago. Now click that mouse and buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime chill out selection, 13 Aug 2011
N. Wills - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finest Hour (Audio CD)
A sublime selection of jazz tinged, bass heavy, chilled out songs enhanced with the dulcet tones of Ruby Wood. Not since Portishead has an album moved me so much so quickly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Feb 2012
John Mclusky (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finest Hour (Audio CD)
I bought Finest Hour on the back of the glowing reviews here plus its position in my recommendations, as a fan of Hidden Orchestra, Cinematic Orchestra, Bonobo and others. I normally listen to an album to death on Spotify before purchasing but this one isn't on there (only later did I realise that you can listen to pretty much the whole thing on Submotion Orchestra's website).

I love the ideas behind this album - and in some place the fusion of genres works very well but in total the album doesn't do it for me.

There are some highlights - Ruby Wood's voice for a start, and Hymn for Him is a great track, as is Backchat (although at times the piano part reminds me a little too much of Massive Attack's Weather Storm). But if I listen to the album all the way through I just start getting bored, which isn't what I want.

It's obvious that this album is quite polarising - some love it, others really don't take to it, so at the very least ensure that you listen to the album on their website before you purchase to avoid disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, musical, soulful album, 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: Finest Hour (Audio CD)
I bought this after reading a really positive review in the London Metro one day. Finest Hour is a really chilled out, tuneful album wth some amazing vocals and really haunting melodies.. In this day and age of formulaic pop, its great to have something different to relax to. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply sublime, 10 Sep 2011
Aaron Tunesi - See all my reviews
This review is from: Finest Hour (Audio CD)
Wow, wow, wow! I bought this a while ago along with Hidden Orchestra, Night Walks. Both are beautiful, uplifting and life affirming.

5.0 out of 5 stars There finest hour, 14 Jan 2012
This review is from: Finest Hour (Audio CD)
Oh my .... What a lovely piece of work .I was introduced to this fine piece of work by one of my friends and clients Lazy Hammock who is also a chill lounge artist and we spent our studio session listening to this great album over and over and didnt get any work done the whole day lol.This was without doubt the FINEST HOUR of music my ears have had the pleasure of for a long time .Great job to everybody involved and to Ruby Wood you have a voice like an angel and i would love to work with you some time.Everybody should have this album in there collection.GREAT......

Finest Hour
Finest Hour by Submotion Orchestra (Audio CD - 2011)