Format: Audio CDChange

If you need to Chill Out
on 9 April 2015
good price fast delivery
on 18 October 2013
I was only 12 when this was first released and although aware of Pink Floyd I was a bit young to be into them. I already have a copy of dark side of the moon which I love so I decided to give WYWH a go.

I'm so pleased I did. What a fantastic album. I'm not into the technicalities of sound quality or the wrapping (I bought the MP3 download) but this is proper music that stays with you forever.I would recommend stopping what you are doing and just listening to thie whole album in one go.

Gorgeous music and wonderful musicianship. I especially love the hauntingly beautiful Shine on you Crazy Diamond. It sounds far more original and fresh than anything new I have heard recently and as a consequence I am now on a mission to rediscover more fantastic music from the 70s. Highly recommended
If Dark Side of the Moon was the height of Floyd's achievement. Wish You Were Here was very close behind. To start with it includes the 25 minute magnum opus to Syd Barrett "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" which is to my mind the best thing the band ever did which is just as well because the other three tracks take up only 18 minutes between them.

Thankfully they do not greatly diminish the album but naturally limit its scope a little. Welcome to the Machine is an nihilistic view of the world, Have A Cigar is a Roger Waters' take on the music business and Wish You Were Here deals with alienation. Floyd were by this time becoming very adept at writing very deep lyrics. The album doesn't hang together quite as well as Dark Side but it did complete a superb double for the band.
on 11 January 2012
Will get to the point! The remastered original album is crystal clear as with the other albums. The reason I bought this was for the 2nd CD of live tracks and alternate versions. The sound quality is very good and was very interesting to hear the precursors to the Animals album. Think Stephane Grappelli could have done a better job, after all it is the Floyd! Have a cigar sounds like an interesting demo but Roger's voice would have sounded better on the original release (just a personal opinion!). The Household Objects track just proves how talented Pink Floyd really were. It sounds quite haunting and shows how innovative they were in using sound effects on all their albums. I mean, only Pink Floyd can repeat a single chord or note over and over and still sound interesting!
on 15 May 2014
Like the Dark Side of the Moon immersion set this really is totally over the top and really impossible to justify to even the most obsessive fan, I mean marbles and beer mats, why? But then you get past the OTT packaging and you get to the music, it all starts to make some sort of sense. Wish You Were Here is one of the finest albums ever and the remaster just adds that extra little bit. Like, I suspect, most people I bought this to get the 5.1 version which I would have been happy to have on either DVD or B.Ray. Whichever one you listen to sounds superb but be sure to also listen to the old quad mix it,s really good and in places very different.
To sum up, you'll never be able to rationally justify this purchase; so don't buy with your brain, buy with your ears.
on 7 August 2015
as described very happy
on 4 August 2015
great price and service
on 1 February 2007
Define greatness?

In my view the fact that I bought the vinyl of this album on the day it was released as a spotty 15 year old who didn't really understand its full complexities. Here I sit still listening to it now some 32 years later when as a 48 year old Chartered Accountant. You think I would know better however this album is so technically good with melodies and themes which have entered our subconscious through their use in film and television.

Absolutely superb
0Comment5 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2015