Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 October 2015
Many Thanks
One half a sadly truncated four-song fabulous live recording of the band at the height of their live abilities, the other a frankly unlistenable collection of half-arsed solo recordings from a band audibly trying to find a direction. Quite why the two songs recorded by the band as a whole for the project ("Embryo" and "Biding My Time") aren't on this set and replaced by the appalling sound collage that is "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" no one with ears will ever know. "Ummagumma" is an imperfect experience, to be charitable, rescued only by the live portion of the disc that is well worth listening to
on 8 April 2006
I've been avoiding this album for some time now, mainly due to the bad reviews you'll find all around this one. After owning all the other albums I figured it was time to see what all the fuss was about. Okay, so there is a lot of strange noises which start off the album but hidden between the noises are around three awesome tracks.

I would recommend this to any Floyd fan, but don't buy this if you havn't already heard a few other albums 'cuz it will put you right off them and that would be a tragedy. Start off with Dark Side or Wish You Were Here work up to Meddle/Saucerfull Of Secrets and when you're a Pink FLoyd addict, buy this!
As the title states; Don't let the noise put you off, there are one or two outstanding tracks on this album. 4 Stars because of the noise. Actual songs on here are five star material.
on 27 July 2015
anouther gt pink floyd well worth getting 2 cds , Caroline Marten
on 3 July 2006
I first heard this album back in the mid 1970's but didn't pay a lot of attention too it. I bought it on CD about 10 years ago and thought it was a load of crap, and sold it. However a few weeks ago I bought it again, this time determined to give it a better listen. The album has grown on me and I think it's excellent. Some of it is almost classical, some of it jazz. The album has been very skillfully crafted. Is that Billy Connelly on lead vocals on "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And grooving With A Pict" ?
on 9 August 2015
Soud is perfect, and I recieved it prior to the date promised.
on 4 June 2015
liked it
on 8 May 2016
What I paid for, I will enjoy listening to it.
on 15 March 2016
good delivery takes me back to my youth
on 22 November 2015
for the Pink Floyd junkies & more.....