4.5 out of 5 stars1,125
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 25 July 2014
I cannot believe this was shortlisted for the booker prize! This is just a run of the mill book, are we really that short of good books in this country?
on 3 October 2013
Good read, this is the second book by this
author and I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline
- the ending was not too obvious which makes a change
on 7 July 2013
The only thing that spoiled this for me were the Americanisms in what is supposed to be a book set in rural Ireland. Apart from that an excellent story.
on 5 May 2013
This was a relly good book. Interesting story and very probably unfortunately true to life. this is the second book i've read with this backgound story.
on 28 April 2013
I enjoyed the writing style which painted a vibrant picture. Some parts were hard to acknowledge but unfortunately painfully true. I would recommend it.
on 13 January 2013
Briliant book. Very funny, moving and very readable. I would highly recommend it. I couldn't put it down and would like to read more books like this.
on 17 May 2015
Truly excellent. What appears initially to be a gentle, slightly sparse narrative evolves into a work of beauty. Beautifully crafted and unforgettable.
on 1 September 2014
Really enjoyed this book ,made me laugh out loud and shed the odd tear . Easy to read ,
real page turner and I didn't get the twist till the end !
on 23 September 2013
I couldn't,t turn the page's quick enough. The book leapt from funny to sad and back again. The tension towards the end was nerve racking. I loved it.
on 13 April 2013
Very well written tale, the characters realistic, you could identify with them. A lovely twist at the end. I do hope it makes it to the silver screen.