on 1 December 2015
This album takes me back to the late 1960's when, at 16, I failed the brainwashing techniques and conformity that all my childhood friends seemed to have succumbed to in the right wing bit of countryside I grew up in and moved away to live in Westbourne Park Road, just off Portobello Road, in London W11. I remember hearing all these good sounds drifting out from windows in the area and thought 'I like that'. Yes, I found something I liked. Now that I'm 63 years old at the time of submitting this review, I love the memories that this album evokes of my wonderfully misspent youth from the 1960's and into the 1970's. This album is just short of 115 minutes of happy memories ( well, apart from 'Shaft' ) that I can get into, now that the past seems so much richer than the present. ( Only an old man could think like that, eh ? )
on 17 October 2015
Love it!!
These tunes take me back to my childhood, when my parents would be playing most of these records.
I was actually looking to purchase the tune 'Kingston Town' - when I typed it into 'search' all the albums featuring it came up. I like the 'Trojan' collections so I thought I'd check that one out. After listening to all the samples I just HAD to have it!! And I've been listening to it non stop, it's great!
Like the fact that I can sing/hum/dance along to most of the tunes, and it makes me feel happy, relaxed!
Check it out!!
on 1 May 2013
What a great album, some great tracks for a great price.
Garden, Sun, Cold beer and this playing roll on summer!

Well worth the money! if you've never tried reggae on the Trojan label this is a good place to start.
on 6 July 2013
Now hear the originals as copied by UB 40 etc

Lord Creator's version of Kingston Town is worth the price alone
on 27 December 2012
This is a great compilation that brings many great tunes together in one place. Highly recommended. I like the fact that you can download it onto so many different devices.
on 3 August 2013
A wonderfully easy way to download a host of memories from my youth. I shall be visiting the store again to embellish my library.
on 10 May 2014
lots of good tracks here and great value for money with sound quality pretty good. It is well worth buying this compilation.
on 2 July 2014
Reggae at it's best. A must for all fans of the true sounds of Jamaica. Remember them all for my teenage years.
on 8 December 2012
Great stuff if you love classic reggae. Not all of it well known, most of it is with knowing well.
on 24 January 2015
Brings back teenage years , when these were being played everywhere you went, Brilliant!