5.0 out of 5 stars couldnt put it down.
this book was a excellent read.couldnt put it down.the story was to true love story.make me want to go and find my self a greek god.another great book from a great writer.she never fails to impress.
Published on 12 May 2009 by S. Cooney

3.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read but the first half is very slow
I have championed Belinda Jones's books for years, I have always loved her style of writing, the humour, the descriptions of the fantastic places she bases her books in but have to say that I have found her last book, The Love Accademy disappointing and this one Out of the Blue even more so. I fear Belinda has lost the plot a bit with her writing lately and maybe...
Published on 9 Dec 2008 by A Reader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Go on, dip your toe., 21 Aug 2008
Kirstine Reid (nr London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Paperback)
Firstly, I have to tell you by way of a disclaimer I suppose that I am a Belinda Jones fan. Since picking up her Divas Las Vegas book years ago and then having to source out all her others I eagerly awaited Out of the blue. However, just as I am a fan of Belinda Jones' previous books, I am also a fan of literature in general and love a good read so this book had a lot to live up to and it didn't disappoint.

The writing style of Ms Jones is so evocative. In each book you find yourself feeling like your in the country the characters are in (and she loves to travel if the settings are anything to go by), feeling the sun on your shoulders, eating Dolmades and drinking the retsina. Is it a hard thought provoking book? no, it isn't but it isn't meant to be. This is pure escapism and does it's job perfectly. The characters are warm, friendly and interesting too. You find yourself reading more than you anticipated because of this.

I would encourage anyone to have a holiday from your mind and read this book. Slip your toes into the warm Aegean (or perhaps a bath if the Aegean is just a stretch too far) and enjoy Selina and Alekos' journey. I guarantee you'll be wanting to book your own Shirley Valentine trip to Greece as soon as you've finished it.

4.0 out of 5 stars This was good ..., 6 Nov 2008
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book and I'm glad I read it. I loved the setting (Greece) and all the quotes at the beginning of the chapters. I'm quite bad at reading the end of books and it has to be something pretty special to stop me from doing that ... and this book nearly was. But, by the last couple of chapters I was getting a bit bored and I had to look! The book started out really well for me and to start with I was rivetted ... but I felt that it was weaker at the end and I was the tiniest bit disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to her best!, 29 Sep 2008
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Paperback)
I have to admit, to me Belinda's books had lost their way a bit of late. Both Cafe Tropicana and The Love Academy took me forever to read because I kept geting bored and putting them down! So I bought this book out of habit of buying Belinda's books rather than being genuinely interested. How please I am to say that she is right back to her best! This story had me captivated, even if it was predictable, hell, there isn't much chick lit that isn't! I went to Crete 8 years ago with my then boyfriend, now husband, and it had me longing to go back! The descriptions of everything were perfect, the characters likeable, it had me turning from page to page and reading til my eyes refused to stay open! To anyone who loved I Love Capri and The Paradise Room, this one has to be on your list! Welcome back Belinda!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another triumph from Belinda Jones, 28 Aug 2008
Ms. K. Lafferty (Stirlingshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Paperback)
If you like the way Belinda Jones writes, you'll love this. If you're new to her work, what are you waiting for?! This is chick-lit with brains, heart and a whole lot of laughs. It's well written, intelligent and I challenge any woman not to find a little bit of herself in the heroine. "Out of the Blue" is the kind of adventure we all secretely wish would sneak up on us. Get yourself a large bar of chocolate, find a comfy spot and settle in for a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Timer!, 23 Sep 2008
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Paperback)
Brilliant book & very funny & descriptive! I have never read any of Belinda Jones' novels before, but can safely say that by the end of 2008 I will have read all her novels! Out of the Blue took me back to a very happy holiday I had in Crete a few years ago with my friend Dawn & could quite possibly be responsible for me ending up back there next year with my mother. Well done Ms Jones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Paperback)
I have previously read this amazing book as the book is based on my oldest, closest friend, the main character. I simply wanted an unread copy to keep which he has signed

5.0 out of 5 stars a fabulous read, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Kindle Edition)
I adore Christina Jones novels, and this one was brilliant. It was one of the unputdownable novels. I want more of the same

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of the blue, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Out of the Blue (Kindle Edition)
Great. Chic flick no pressure just escapism fun read felt like I had been on holiday too breath of fresh air

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well..., 12 April 2010
Miss C (London, England) - See all my reviews
** SPOILER ALERT **
I actually really enjoyed this book to begin with, despite the lack of bedroom action (they don't even kiss until the last couple of chapters).
Alekos persued Selena relentlessly the entire book, but then after a few drinks and some dodgy texts sleeps with her best friend!!! This occasionally happens in romance/chick lit books, which is fine and can sometimes work well.
However...all it takes is a feeble appology from Alekos and Selena's all 'don't you worry, it's in the past now'. Doesn't leave me convinced of a very secure relationship for the future. What'll happen the next time there's a misunderstanding?
As mentioned, the book was great right up until the end. After the confession and hasty forgiveness I started to think back on the book and saw the characters in a new (weaker) light.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›