Colour: Cream|Change

on 29 November 2012
Firstly I was sent one with 3 rubber feet so rocked and could scratch the worksurface. Amazon sent a replacement item which frustratingly also had 3 rubber feet - fortunately I hadn't returned the other one so could pinch 1 of the feet from the first one to use.

Secondly, this is not fit for purpose. I was under the impression this was to put hot saucepans on to cool but this is not the case. The trivet melted to the bottom of my pan (pan wasn't ridiculously hot) and when I managed to get it off the paint had come off.

It looks ok (not the best finish) and is cheap so if you are not thinking of actually using it I would begrudgingly recommend the product. However, if, like me, you wanted to use it then this is definitely not for you.

I have since seen a similar review on the black version of the trivet so it isn't just me.
on 26 October 2013
This is made in china and the quality shows - it has been cast quickly and has not been finished properly before being finished with the cream paint. To me it looks like a copy of an original design (like a mould has been made of an original product and they cast from the mould). It is a shame as I wanted a traditional practical trivet but all is available this 'shadow' imitation. It will obviously still work but is just disappointing. The hanging ring is just a keyring I removed as it got in the way and the trivet is too heavy to hang up anyway unless you used a strong screw hook. Overall its OK but if I see a better one I will be changing it.
on 6 May 2014
Got this as a present with the spoon rest. Put a hot pan on it and it got stuck. Wouldn't normally mind but the pan was an expensive Jamie Oliver one!!
on 22 December 2014
The trivet looks good, very heavy however after taking hot pan from hob and placing it on trivet it STUCK to it. I had to tug at it a bit to free the pan. No damage to either thankfully. I think the coating on the trivet is to blame as it looks and feels a bit like plastic ?. Will see what happens when I next use it, fingers crossed it won't happen again.
on 23 June 2015
After the first trivet arrived with some damage, a second was dispatched immediately, arriving safe and sound. Very impressed with that kind of customer service. I have had no issues with the use of the trivet, the colour is a great match to my kitchen.
on 11 July 2014
Some flaws in the enamelling make it look like a factory second.
on 14 April 2013
bought two of these for either side of the cooker as I kept putting hot pans down on the work surface. They are fantastic value and compliment my black and white kitchen well.
on 12 December 2013
I love it. the rubber feet prevent the wooden surface from becoming marked and it is decorative and smart enough to use on the table to put hot dishes onto.
on 13 June 2013
Does the job as advertised, but is only big enough for a pan, bought mainly decorative item for colour matching items within a new kitchen
on 11 June 2015
Looks good in our kitchen and is easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remember not to put it in the dishwasher. Good purchase.