5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive
Having received the cottage it took all of two minutes to assemble, and ten for our elderly, slightly arthritic and notoriously hard to please cat, to decide this was obviously hers and take up residence.
Published on 7 Mar. 2013 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK. It doesn't look as cosy in real ...
It's OK. It doesn't look as cosy in real life as it does in the pictures, and the heating doesn't really seem to make any noticeable difference. I've only seen my cat go in it twice, and we've had it for several months now....however we all know how fussy cats can be, so I've left it plugged in and hopefully he'll decide to use it someday!
Published 1 month ago by Sarah Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Rosewood Thermo-Kitty Cottage, 13-inch/33 cm, Sage/ Tan (Misc.)
We were looking for something to help her through the winter as our house is hard to heat effectively and she seemed to have gone off the other little home she had by a radiator - Sascha tends to use computers as her heater of preference but when we went away for a few days we wanted to be certain she would stay warm. I spent a long time researching heated bedding and as she likes to hide away this seemed the best option. It arrived promptly and was an instant hit - highly unusual; even more unusual is that nearly two weeks later, she still loves it.
The 'cottage' appears smaller in the photos - I was originally worried as the opening looked very small but it is perfect for our cat and inside has plenty of room for her to curl up or sprawl as she likes.
So far it has been an amazing success and well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 Feb. 2014
Within two minutes of plugging the bed in, both cats were straight in it. The bed doesn't heat up very hot but the warmth seems to be just comfortable enough for them to lie in the bed all day.
I have given 4 stars because I thought the pressure pad would only heat up when the cats lie on it but it appears to be on constantly.
Definitely a good buy though and the cats use it every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy kitty!, 7 Oct. 2014
My cat took to this right away, and even without the heating, the shape is perfect and neat looking, plus It's neutral enough to fit in with my home decor.

With winter approaching I know kitty will appreciate this as I can't afford to leave the heater running in my flat all day.

Kitty loves both inside and on top and has even become quite territorial over it haha.

Anyways, this is a good buy and a good price, folds down easily for storage, and can be used in all seasons - the heating pad is also removable so you can customise the bedding to kitty's preference.

Also, I liked that there is a little hole in the back for the cord to go through, out of the pet's way and means the heating pad can be replaced if need be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, and it looks nice, too!, 9 Feb. 2014
I chose a five-star rating because that's the highest available option.

You should know, too, that my criteria are exceptionally high. I purchased the cottage for a cat that I'm fostering in an outdoor pen, where the primary source of heat is a combination of a 120w and a 45w tube heater (together they keep the sleeping chamber at a constant 50 to 52 degrees).

The penmate of the cat who's sleeping in the thermo cottage sleeps in a Houndhouse with a heated mat and a Flectabed. So, when I knew I'd be fostering a second cat, I had to find an equally efficient method of heating its bed. That's why I bought the Thermo-Kitty Cottage. I haven't been disappointed, so full marks.

As a volunteer rescue organisation, my charity depends on donations from the public, so as its Treasurer I have to choose accommodation wisely and economically and can't take chances on things that the cats don't use or disappoint when installed. So my purchases in this case, being experimental, had to be paid for from my pension, rather than charity funds. So I'm doubly pleased by how well the Thermo-Kitty cottage works and looks.

My outdoor pen might not be the Connaught, but I'm satisfied that my two fosters have the best possible accommodation I can give them, considering my tight financial circumstances. Needless to say, if my charity were now furnishing all of its foster homes from scratch, I would recommend the purchase of a further two dozen Thermo Kitty-Cottages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for cats!, 27 Jan. 2014
Deborah (UK) - See all my reviews
My two Netherlands Dwarf house bunnies adore this cottage. It provides a cosy sleeping area for those chilly nights and a great daytime lounging area on top!

4.0 out of 5 stars Accepted by picky cat so must be good, 4 Jan. 2015
J. C. Learoyd - See all my reviews
So far, so good. We bought this for our old cat who was finding it hard to find a warm place to settle in our cold house. Our cat hates change and is very picky about where she sits / what she accepts. She's never taken to usual pet beds of any form. She likes foot stools, human beds or window sills. So... we purchased this as a bit of a risk, and she likes it. This is a huge recommendation from the picky old lady cat.

The box (cottage) is a good size and would suit quite a large cat. The hole (door) on the front is bigger than the picture so it a good size too. The fabric is soft and the box is sturdy so our cat sits on top and inside very easily. The heating pad is smaller than I expected (about 1/3 of the size of the base of the cottage) and it's not as hot as I expected eg an electric blanket but it seems big enough and hot enough to do the job.

The only reason I've given 4 stars and not five is because it's quite expensive overall. It works, it does the job but it just seems a little pricey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perrrfect..., 23 May 2015
I was worried about this purchase, our cat took to being out in the freezing cold and her cat flap was into the conservatory not house so we got her this so she had some where ward to sleep. Now she is a darn fussy princess and will never sleep where you make her a bed so I had no idea if this would be acceptable to the old girl...as it is she LOVES it, She basks on top during the day in the sun and sleeps inside if she is out at night after finishing her patrolling. It means I can throw her out and not get woken at 02:00 because she fancies popping out! Tiny little warming plate about the size of a tea plate keeps it cozy and I put it on a cheap timer so it is only on at night. Fantastic

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK. It doesn't look as cosy in real ..., 21 May 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Well loved by my cat!, 13 Feb. 2014
J. Willetts - See all my reviews
My cat loves this Rosewood Thermo-Kitty Cottage. My cat is a rescue cat and apart from jumping into empty cardboard boxes, he would not get into any of the numerous cat beds that I have tried, until the Rosewood Thermo-Kitty Cottage. He sometimes goes into his cottage, but often sleeps on top. Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our cat loves it!, 8 Dec. 2014
This box is excellent. At first our kitten wouldn't stay in, but when he realized that it's warm in there, it became his favourite spot. He's switching between sleeping inside and on top of the box. When he want's to be alone, he'll hide inside and rest. Well worth every penny!