on 29 December 2014
Bought this in June 2014 and now in December 2014 making a call a not working not a year old, turbo suction gone, Hope I can get it repaired, Good hoover when its working
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 February 2013
This is a brilliant hoover. Yest, its a little heavy when you have to bring it down the stair or up the stairs but other than than its brilliant
on 7 December 2012
+ Powerful, extra cord length so don't have to keep changing sockets.

- Heavy, but same weight as previous vacuum so used to it.
on 24 July 2013
Bought this even after reading some bad reviews. There seems to be a lot of complaints about the weight, it is a little heavy but not unduly so - I'm no body builder, nor is my wife, but we both manage fine. Remember, its a very powerful vacuum cleaner, power = bigger motor, more air moving and more noise. If you want something less heavy expect less power and for it not to be able to do what you want.

We use this hoover to clean up after two long haired German Shepherds that live an outdoor life, there is plenty of fur, dust and sand to hoover up. It does this very well. We have to hoover up daily and fill the main dust compartment each day. There are a lot of remarks about the size of the dust compartment, it is possibly a little small but adequate for hoovering up after our dogs. It means that you will probably have to empty the vacuum cleaner after hoovering an average size house completely. In part the size of the compartment is down to the necessary design to may the hoover work in the manner that it does, to give more power. Empting is easy though, and much less hassle than previous hoovers we have owned. In addition to emptying the main dust compartment daily we have found that due to the nature and size of the task of cleaning up after our dogs we have to clean out the top filter compartment daily too, this takes a little simple dismantling. In all this process is very quick, a minute or two, and relatively clean compared to our previous machine which had a filter that needed to be banged and brushed clean which was very unpleasant and time consuming. Full instructions are given.

The tools are pretty good, however the turbo tool is the same as our previous Vax machine and we knew this to be a relatively poor design as long dog hairs bind the mechanism that makes it spin, but it is easily cleaned and their is a simple guide to cleaning it in the instructions. All the other tools are fine and seem pretty well thought out.

There are a lot of complaints about this vacuum cleaner being noisey. We have found it quieter than other vacuum cleaners we have had - even the dogs can stand to be around it. Vacuum power = Large volumes of air being moved = noise.

Many have said the brush bar doesn't work? We have had no issues here but there are some points to note. The brush bar can be turned on and off independently of the vacuum (on for carpet, off for hard flooring). Also we noted that when you stand the machine up the brush bar switches off automatically. This makes sense to us and a feature we like as when its stood up it means you are not using it momentarily or that you are using the extension pipe and tools and it is therefore not needed to be on. As soon as you tilt the handle back to use the machine the brush bar starts again immediately.

The extension pipe and tools do reach the top of our stairs from the bottom without any problems and the hover remains stable and stood up.

It seems that the negative reviews are due to people not bothering to read the instructions, not applying common sense and having far too high and even unrealistic expectations of a vacuum cleaner. When anyone finds a very powerful, very light weight, high capacity, rarely needs emptying, quite vacuum cleaner let me know and I will buy it. Dyson may have something that meets all those requirements, but I doubt it, and I'm not paying triple the price we paid for this machine - after all, it is only a vacuum cleaner.

I can highly recommend this vacuum cleaner and it has a 6 year guarantee.

Would have been 5 stars if the turbo tool had been improved.
on 4 October 2011
What it says on the box:
' 300 air watts for constant powerful suction
' Easily picks up pet hair
' Reduces allergens and bacteria
' Cleans to the top of your stairs
' Large capacity - 3L
' On board 3-in-1 tool
' 6 year guarantee

What is in the box:
' Bagless upright vacuum
' Telescopic extension tube
' Turbo tool
' 3-in-1 tool (crevice tool, upholstery and dusting brush)

I eagerly unpacked the box and followed the easy to use instructions on how to assemble the telescopic handle and I was ready and raring to go.

The first thing that I noticed was that this was a weighty bit of kit, and once turned on that the suction was so powerful that it takes some effort to push it around. Never mind though, I could do with the exercise!

Per normal when I get myself a new vacuum cleaner, I had pre-cleaned all of my carpets to see just how much this one will pick up.

Within just a few minutes of cleaning I had nearly half filled the container with dog hairs, debris and carpet fluff. The addition of the 3-in-1 tool and turbo tool made cleaning the crevices, curtains and stairs a breeze, and with the addition of the telescopic extension tube I could get right into the corners of the ceilings to suck away those cobwebs. This is one mean piece of machinery!

I can honestly say that I have never used a vacuum cleaner with such awesome suction.

The extra long power cable enabled me to have the cleaner plugged in one room and to clean all the other rooms without having to keep unplugging; and the extra long hose enabled me to clean the stairs easily without having to lug the vacuum up the stairs to do so.

As I tend to suffer with dust-mite allergies, I was delighted to learn that this cleaner has a HEPA filter that is easily washed by rinsing under the tap. With only a few days use I am pleased to report that my symptoms (itchy eyes and blocked nose) have been greatly reduced - hurrah!

Emptying this machine is so easy; I just remove the dirt container and hold it over the wheelie bin and then push the quick release button.

This machine has been designed so that it is easy to keep clean. Just a few clicks and turns and all of the relevant filters can be removed, cleaned and reinstalled.

There are a couple of negatives which I feel I should point out, if only for the manufacturers to try and improve them:

1) the machine is quite heavy, so if the overall weight could be reduced this would be helpful
2) the cord wrap system on the back of the machine inside the storage area for the hose and makes rewinding it quite tricky.

All in all I am absolutely delighted with this machine and would definitely recommend it to anyone, especially those with pets or allergies.
on 10 February 2014
This is not a bad cleaner but being elderly found it too heavy for me so had to send it back as I could not handle it
on 6 July 2013
I bought this cleaner to replace my 5 year old Dyson, and after initially being delighted with it, would now happily bin it if I had the money to replace it.
It is very heavy, but as it had such impressive suction when I first used it, I felt I could live with it if its performance was that good.
HOWEVER, after a week or so, the cleaner made such a horrendous noise I was temporarily losing some of my hearing after using it, and the suction had largely gone. I cleaned the filter, checked for blockages etc and it would improve slightly, but then a few uses later I would be back at square one.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the tool tidy on the back of the cleaner does not work, they ALWAYS fall off, and the place to wrap the cord around is pathetic, it is blatantly inadequate.
If you purchase this machine be prepared to spend a ridiculous amount of time taking the whole thing apart to clear minor blockages of dust, cleaning filters and generally feeling like chucking it in the nearest skip. It would also be wise to invest in earmuffs.
Definitely NOT RECOMMENDED.
on 3 December 2012
It is a really good Hoover but but the handle is crap, When you do up the stairs it keeps coming apart
on 29 July 2012
I loved this product it was a great buy its abit stiff to move with suction but great for pet hair.
on 6 August 2014
Very heavy and cumbersome. Don't buy!

See one answered question