5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of kit...!!!
Published on 19 Oct 2011 by Mortice

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but a bit fiddly
This definitely improves sound and software is useful for tweaking sound settings but a bit diddly to use with USB ports. I'd rather have spent a bit more for a more advanced product.
Published 14 months ago by Jon Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of kit...!!!, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
Sitting here now with brilliant sound emerging from my Cambridge Soundworks 2.1 speaker system for the first time ever with my Acer laptop.This excellent USB soundcard arrived here about 2 hours ago and within 5 minutes of easy driver installation it was up and running. It didnt take long to fine tune the sound to suit my speakers and headphones via the very clear menu systems.You really can fine tune things very well and then save the different settings for anythjing you plug into the dongle.
The difference is quite astonishing too, I now have a clear 3 dimensional soundstage in front of me, giving real depth.
I can discern no lack of clarity at all and that is at all frequencies.
If your laptop has poor sound I would thoroughly recommend the Asus as a solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus Xonar U3 usb sound card vs Creative surround 5.1, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
I needed a sound card after being very dissapointed with the onboard sound on my laptop. After much searching on the internet the Xonar U3 and the Creative surround 5.1 seemed viable options, but I couldn't dedide which one so I bought both of them to try out.

I spent several days testing both sound cards doing a side by side comparison and in my oppinion the Xonar U3 is way ahead of the Creative surround 5.1 in sound quality.

I mainly use headphones and the Xonar U3's built in amp really does boost the output and goes much louder than you could possibly need, much louder than the Creative one.

The software with the Xonar installs easily and performs very well. In contrast, the software for the Creative takes forever to install and only really provides basic adjustments.

I compared the sound quality of both cards in games and music and much prefered the sound of the Xonar over the Creative.
The music and sound effects with the Xonar just seemed more lively and vivid somehow and the Dolby settings are impressive.

Both cards did a good job when it came to positional audio in games.

One thing that surprised me was how small the Xonar was compared to the Creative and yet seemed to out perform it easily.

If you need a USB sound card then don't waste your money like I did and get both, just get the Xonar U3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Audio, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
Substantial improvement in sound quality from a Sony Vaio AW31S/B feeding Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Delivered 2 days after placing my order.
Would definately recommend Asus Xoneru3.
Even when played through headphones I can hear an improvement.
Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard

5.0 out of 5 stars Xonar, 13 Jun 2012
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
I had a Creative X-Fi for so long because they're so established and reputable, but it has been nothing but hassle when it actually worked. I got this (fraction of the cost of an internal X-Fi) and it just worked straight away and sounds much better. Sigh. Creative are hustlers. They even outright lie about compatability on the packaging, famously. Xonar are everything you wish Creative are.

I can't recommend this enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value & Improved Sound., 6 Oct 2013
Vic325 (Maldon, Essex. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
Certainly has improved the sound quality from my laptop. I would have rated 5 Star if the instructions included relating to the various functions were more detailed. Installation easy and quick and after some trial & error with the many settings and functions I now have great sound quality and amplification.

5.0 out of 5 stars very impressed, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
So small device and so many function.
im using it with Sennheiser pc320 and it work like a charm.
good for gaming and movies

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with most Android devices - and iPad..., 7 April 2013
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
...Whilst you may lose some of the sound effect features that the Windows software and drivers offer, what I can say is that with the right cable (USB OTG for Android 4.1.x - most devices, or Camera Connection kit for iPad), this, for pocket money prices adds quite a bit of extra volume / sound quality to your headphone listening when out on the move...

My only criticism, it isn't the most 'compact' device, looking positively bloated compared to the AUDIOQUEST DRAGONFLY USB DIGITAL TO ANALOGUE CONVERTER, and it definitely doesn't sound as good - BUT, it is only a fraction of the cost (and, more compatible with smartphones!)

Looking at its intended use, for a PC - I can say that it will almost certainly sound better than the jack in the back of your PC - that is unless you already have an ASUS card on-board, in which case, probably not worth looking at this ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars usb soundcard, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
Good value for money. Just ideal for the reason I purchased it. Looking forward to using it and increasing sound on laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
I was looking to improve the sound from my laptop to external speakers and an amp and this is great. Quick and easy to install, you may have to play with the various settings to get the best sound, I use s-rock option and the sound is really good, no more flat sound, as for people whi thought it was cheap looking, I would disagree, looks fine. Also if using to send sound to external speakers and not headphones make sure you switch the toggle button over because there's a big volume difference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Asus Xonaru3 Mobile USB Soundcard (Accessory)
Good little usb sound card. Great quality, brilliant software, fully Dolby licensed. Only 16bit at 48khz but at this price I wouldn't expect more. SP/DIF optical adapter works very well.
Overall I'm very happy.