5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch
Fractal Design make some good kit and this is no exception.

Published on 30 Sep 2011 by G. James

2.0 out of 5 stars Power button getting stuck after just 1 month
Published 4 months ago by Juan Manuel Parrilla

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 30 Sep 2011
G. James "G. James" (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fractal Design Core 1000 Series Micro ATX Case - Black/Pearl (Accessory)
Fractal Design make some good kit and this is no exception.

The case is well finished - even black on the inside! The removable front panel has a grille and filter the whole height of the case. A 120mm Fractal Design fan is included - not excessively noisy but I used a Zalman fan mate to slow / quieten the fan down. There is a space for a side mounted inlet fan (120mm) and rear exhaust fan (80/92mm).

The power buttons, 2x usb 2.0 and audio I/O are located on the right hand side of the front panel. Unusual choice but it does keep the front very clean and minimal.

The case will take a uATX or (as in my case) an ITX board. All the stand-offs and screws are included.

My favourite feature is the HD mounting bracket which is quite novel and includes rubber grommets to reduce vibration. This had made a huge difference from my old case and HD noise is greatly reduced.

Overall, a good case for not much more than some cheapo generic pap. Definitely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy., 2 July 2012
I wanted a micro ATX case to house a budget gaming computer in the living area.

This one looks good from the outside, all black and no fussy detailing. I would describe the look as minimalist.

Putting the components in was trouble free. There are mounts for two hard disk drives, but if you have a long graphics card (I use an HD6870), only the upper one can be used. The HDDs are mounted to take up minimal space, on rubber grommets that reduce vibration. Very nice.

The case is supplied with a front 120mm fan only. The rear fan mount will take either 92mm or 80mm fans. I use a Arctic Freezer 7 Pro cooler on top of my aging Pentium E5300 processor, and noted that there is not too much room between the end of the cooler and the side of the case, maybe 1/2 inch, so no monster coolers in this one.

The only problem I encountered was the front panel wire for the reset switch; it was not long enough to reach the pins on the motherboard. This was strange, because all the rest of the connecters did reach, although with not much slack. I have knocked a star of for this reason.

Overall, I am very happy with this case. It satisfies my needs and looks more expensive than it is, so I would recommend it.

Edit: with a little fiddling about, I managed to get the reset switch wire to stretch far enough - only just.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value case, 4 July 2014
I had first bought a Corsair Carbide case, but being for both ATX as well as the micro ATX keyboard I had, was a bit too big so I switched it for the Fractal Design Core 1000. Generally, this is a good case, with a big plus point being 3 areas to mount fans, and with an open mesh system with filters. Other reviewers have liked the hard drive mounting system, but I am not so enamoured of this - it was not intuitive, and fitting 2 hard drives in there was a squeeze. But worse was, because of the way the hard drives are positioned, I had a struggle connecting the power connectors to the bottom drive - something I did not have in both my old case, and the Corsair I had tried. In the end, with a bit of jiggling around, made it work, but didn't like having to force the cable. The Corsair was a delight to install - everything clicked together brilliantly, and there was an ingenious drive mounting system, and by comparison, the Fractal felt a bit more basic. But overall in the end, it works, and looks good, at reasonable value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Power button getting stuck after just 1 month, 1 April 2014
Overall the case looks kind of cheap, but that's expected for a cheap case. The main issue / problem, is that just after 1 month the power button is already getting stuck. I mean, I have used the computer maybe 4 times a week, which means I have used that button around 20 times, and it is not going smooth anymore. After pressing it, I have to correct its position with my finger, otherwise its stuck mid way.

I expect soon having to use a stick or something, because this kind of mechanic failures get worse over time. And soon also having to buy a new case.

So basically, a case, something that you can expect it will work for years, it is already failing in 1 month, with the only mechanical thing they have to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual design, 21 Feb 2014
David R. (Reading, Berks) - See all my reviews
I am well pleased with this case. I had no problems in assembling a new computer in it - apart from (as someone else has mentioned) getting the blank out to fit the DVD unit. I've noticed that information on the size of computer cases can be quite wrong. This one is advertised as being 40 x 20 x 45 cm. I've just measured mine and it's 35.5 x 17.5 x 42 cm.

5.0 out of 5 stars neat looks, 6 Jun 2014
for the money this is a good and neat looking micro ATX case, plenty of room easy to fit parts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case, one drawback, 12 May 2014
Great case really like it and the filters work well if you plan your airflow well
Warning: mine was sharp and has cut me a couple of times

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sff gaming case - perfect., 1 May 2014
Perfect gaming case, small size but allows for full size gpu. Very good cooling too.

Quality materials buy with confidence folks

5.0 out of 5 stars Case, 21 Dec 2013
This was a fantastic purchase for the pc myself and my son built it looks great and the fan at the front works great. Also arrived on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 3 Dec 2011
Came on time, Looks excellent, didnt have a problem fitting any of the appliances in.. Happy with what i got, money well spent.