Format: Audio CDChange

on 15 January 2014
After the initial 'on repeat' listenings to Sail I decided to give the rest of the album a go. What a shock. After a few full run throughs I couldn't stop. It's brilliant. Catchy, dancy, rocky. Love it. I think people that haven't really listened properly to the rest of the tracks should do so - definitely. It takes a few listens but once you're there you can't stop playing it! You will not be disappointed.

Not Your Fault, Jump On My Shoulders, All I Need, People, Burn It Down, Guilty Filthy Soul, Kill Your Heroes.....I could go on - IT'S BRILLIANT!
on 16 January 2015
It's ok but after listening a few times it lacks something - most tracks seem too long or to run out of energy.
I know this is a little vague but it's hard to qualtify.
After having it recommended to me, I skimmed the album before I bought it, it sounded good but listening to the album has left me disappointed. The only thing I can compare it to is watching a movie and realising you saw every good part of it when you watched the preview.
on 13 March 2013
I bought this album (for what it likely the same reason that you are reading this) after hearing the track 'sail' but it turns out the album as a whole is different but very good! fans of electronic music with a kind of rocky edge will love this!
similar to? i want to say its a bit like the naked and famous in a way
but overall i do recommend it!
on 25 October 2014
I was sold this album on the back of the iconic track, Sail, which appears regularly in both professional tv and user-created youtube videos as a driving soundscape backdrop. What I found was not the emo-collection of angsty rock that I was expecting: instead this is a diverse and delightful collection of influences and styles.

If anything, AWOLNATION are the inheritors of the very best of eighties synthpop, with a legacy that reminds sometimes of Prince, sometimes of the early techno bands like S-EXPRESS, or the very British Pop Will Eat Itself. "All I Need" is just straight-up simple, brilliant love-songwriting, reminiscent of a solo John Lennon, or the south London balladeers, Squeeze. "Jump on my Shoulders" is an anthemic, joyous Robin-Hood quasipolitical sing-a-long number. Throughout, the album surprises and delights for sheer eclecticism and for the superb execution of the differing dishes that it serves up.

All in all, thoroughly recommended to anyone with a broad musical taste, and/or with an interest in musical diversity and quality song writing... and if that fails you, you've still got the most magnificent 'Sail' to fall back on!
on 10 February 2013
A superb album of soaring anthems and dancefloor numbers. Thoroughly recommended, even just for the excellent final 14 minute track of, "Knights of Shame" -m never mind all the other great songs, all drawing on a wide range of musical styles.
on 22 February 2014
New to AWOLNATION but this album has certainly made me into a fan, Its a good price for a really diverse album which i dont mind listening to repeatedly.
on 23 April 2015
Wow! If you remember Cheap Trick (prob not a lot of youngsters!) then this is very similar, if not then you are in for a treat like we were then. Excellent songs, a real rollercoaster of emotions. If you run, then you can run to this, if you cycle then cycle, if like me you just listen, then you'll dance! Highly recommended - second album needs a bit of time to get used to but still good. Buy, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Enjoy!!
on 25 March 2013
I bought this album mainly for the eipc "Sail" tune from almost every recent extreme sports video. I was pleasantly surprised by the rest of the album. It is incredibly varied, from the very bassy and heavy tunes like Sail through to some very happy up-beat tunes around the middle of the album. Have listened to it several times over in the car and am always asked by friends who it is so that they can buy it.
on 27 January 2014
I bought this for Sail, but the entire album blows me away. It's phenomenal. Hit after hit. Buy it now!
on 26 April 2014
Like others, i bought this based on Sail, but it's now on repeat in the car ! Feel-good music, pretty much every track is listenable (maybe not the re-mix at the end of the cd but thats just not my taste), Kill Your Heroes and Its Not Your Fault stand out as does Jump on My Shoulders. Even my kids love it, which is saying something ! Definitely worth a listen.