5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise!
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

It's ok but after listening a few times it lacks something - most tracks seem too long or to run out of energy.
I know this is a little vague but it's hard to qualtify.
Published 5 months ago by Billy Bobby

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise!, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Megalithic Symphony (Audio CD)
After the initial 'on repeat' listenings to Sail I decided to give the rest of the album a go. What a shock. After a few full run throughs I couldn't stop. It's brilliant. Catchy, dancy, rocky. Love it. I think people that haven't really listened properly to the rest of the tracks should do so - definitely. It takes a few listens but once you're there you can't stop playing it! You will not be disappointed.

Not Your Fault, Jump On My Shoulders, All I Need, People, Burn It Down, Guilty Filthy Soul, Kill Your Heroes.....I could go on - IT'S BRILLIANT!

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this more than I expected!, 13 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Megalithic Symphony (Audio CD)
I bought this album (for what it likely the same reason that you are reading this) after hearing the track 'sail' but it turns out the album as a whole is different but very good! fans of electronic music with a kind of rocky edge will love this!
similar to? i want to say its a bit like the naked and famous in a way
but overall i do recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but a bit disappointing over all. A fair few of the tracks just seem to run out of .....er...... someting, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Megalithic Symphony (Audio CD)
I know this is a little vague but it's hard to qualtify.
After having it recommended to me, I skimmed the album before I bought it, it sounded good but listening to the album has left me disappointed. The only thing I can compare it to is watching a movie and realising you saw every good part of it when you watched the preview.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly diverse album, 8 Jun. 2013
Jimmy (London, England) - See all my reviews
OK, I purchased this because of 'sail' and because at £3.49 I figured I couldn't go too wrong. Its all pretty decent stuff although nothing really surpasses the hits such as 'sail' and 'not your fault'. Don't get me wrong though, I don't mean to suggest the rest is bland- far from it. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterclass in songwriting with verve and stylistic variation, 25 Oct. 2014
Mr. JP Catcheside "'Wembley 71'" (Exeter, Devon) - See all my reviews
I was sold this album on the back of the iconic track, Sail, which appears regularly in both professional tv and user-created youtube videos as a driving soundscape backdrop. What I found was not the emo-collection of angsty rock that I was expecting: instead this is a diverse and delightful collection of influences and styles.

If anything, AWOLNATION are the inheritors of the very best of eighties synthpop, with a legacy that reminds sometimes of Prince, sometimes of the early techno bands like S-EXPRESS, or the very British Pop Will Eat Itself. "All I Need" is just straight-up simple, brilliant love-songwriting, reminiscent of a solo John Lennon, or the south London balladeers, Squeeze. "Jump on my Shoulders" is an anthemic, joyous Robin-Hood quasipolitical sing-a-long number. Throughout, the album surprises and delights for sheer eclecticism and for the superb execution of the differing dishes that it serves up.

All in all, thoroughly recommended to anyone with a broad musical taste, and/or with an interest in musical diversity and quality song writing... and if that fails you, you've still got the most magnificent 'Sail' to fall back on!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Megalithic Symphony (Audio CD)
New to AWOLNATION but this album has certainly made me into a fan, Its a good price for a really diverse album which i dont mind listening to repeatedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great from start to finish, 10 Feb. 2013
E. A. Forrest (UK) - See all my reviews
A superb album of soaring anthems and dancefloor numbers. Thoroughly recommended, even just for the excellent final 14 minute track of, "Knights of Shame" -m never mind all the other great songs, all drawing on a wide range of musical styles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow just enjoy!, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Megalithic Symphony (Audio CD)
Wow! If you remember Cheap Trick (prob not a lot of youngsters!) then this is very similar, if not then you are in for a treat like we were then. Excellent songs, a real rollercoaster of emotions. If you run, then you can run to this, if you cycle then cycle, if like me you just listen, then you'll dance! Highly recommended - second album needs a bit of time to get used to but still good. Buy, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I was expecting!, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Megalithic Symphony (Audio CD)
I bought this album mainly for the eipc "Sail" tune from almost every recent extreme sports video. I was pleasantly surprised by the rest of the album. It is incredibly varied, from the very bassy and heavy tunes like Sail through to some very happy up-beat tunes around the middle of the album. Have listened to it several times over in the car and am always asked by friends who it is so that they can buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super badass Awesome, 27 Jan. 2014
I bought this for Sail, but the entire album blows me away. It's phenomenal. Hit after hit. Buy it now!

Megalithic Symphony
Megalithic Symphony by AWOLNATION (Audio CD - 2011)
Click for more info