5.0 out of 5 stars 58mm lens filter set by Polaroid
I have used Polaroid filters for a long time so there was no other choice for me for my new 70-300mm zoom. Very well made, they come in a handy wallet that will either fit in your bag or your pocket. They even include information on when each of the 4 filters should be used. Great buy
Published on 6 Jun 2012 by C. Hart

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible view
Published 10 months ago by J. Mackay

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible view, 3 Jan 2014
J. Mackay "clichegoth" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polaroid Optics 62mm 4 Piece Filter Set (UV, CPL, FLD, WARMING) (PL-4FIL62) (Accessory)
I was only really interested in this set for the obvious two components the UV filter and the CPL. The UV filter is fine and does exactly what you'd hope. Whereas the CPL is simply horrible. Stood under the crystal clear sky of the desert I decided to apply the CPL and really bring out the blue against the sand and rocks. However, as I rotated the CPL what was revealed to me was not a steadily increasing gradient nor linear reduction of light\reflection. I would have even settled for stark gradiated lines, but instead it presented a very concentrated purple dot which radiated outwards in a starburst pattern. It was utterly unusable and in a situation where I was relying on it and unable to obtain an alternative. This product is simply not fit for purpose in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars 58mm lens filter set by Polaroid, 6 Jun 2012
C. Hart (Herts, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

5.0 out of 5 stars This four-filter filter set is a ‘must have’ in your filter armoury., 22 July 2014
This filter set comprises: a UV (ultra violet) FILTER to kill glare to enhance your outdoor efforts (it also affords very good protection for the camera lens); a POLARISING FILTER which you attach and rotate to ENHANCE HIGHLIGHTS (such as eyes or the ‘bling’ on jewellery) and SUBDUE REFLECTIONS (so that you can shoot someone swimming underwater for example); a ‘blue’ COLOUR CORRECTION FILTER for shooting using ARTIFICIAL lighting – supermarkets, indoor venues, your home, and so on; and a ‘WARM’ FILTER to enhance skin-tones and capture truly stunning sunsets.

Coming in a superb ‘easy access’ case to protect your filters when out and about, you will be hard-pushed to find a better product at this ‘bite-their-hand-off’ price.

Happy shooting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only two decent filters, 22 Aug 2013
I bought these filters because they were made by Polaroid but i'm not impressed with two of the filters.

The FLD filter didn't make any difference in the photo quality while shooting under fluorescent lighting.

The CPL filter was loose when rotating and didn't reduce much glare, after the fourth attempt of trying to take a decent photo with the filter it fell apart.

If it wasn't for the fact i decided to keep the Warming filter which works well and the UV filter i would've returned this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set., 20 Aug 2013
I am using the UV filter mainly as lens protection and I have seen no quality issues.
The CPL is work perfect, I am very happy.
As I am mainly use my camera while traveling, this is now my latest addition to my travel set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe useful for some, not so useful for me, 24 April 2012
I was searching the market for a circular polariser when I stumbled across this set, I couldn't believe the reasonable price considering they're Polaroid.

Anyway, please see my brief description of each lens:

Fluorescent Light: This purple filter is designed to take the green tinge often found in photos that are taken under artificial light. I used this filter a couple of times but found it to be useless, it gave all my photos a purple tinge... Now tell me if I'm being fussy, but if I don't want a green tinge in my photos, what good is replacing it with a purple one?

Circular Polariser: This filter is supposed to cut down glare from the sun on certain objects, specifically windows and water surfaces... I found this filter difficult to use, I would stand for ages turning the filter very slowly to get it to polarise in the correct direction, I would say 9 times out of 10 I failed, this possibly could be because I'm using it incorrectly but I read several pieces of literature regarding these filters and I used it as directed, with very limited results.

Warm Filter: As the name suggests, this filter adds a brightening effect to dark pictures by simply giving your photos a yellow boost, it works but could be easily carried out using a photo editor.

Ultra-Violet Filter: Does exactly as the name suggests and filters out UV light, This filter has two advantages (in my opinion). First of all, you can keep this filter attached to your camera at all times, which acts as a protector for your lenses. Secondly I personally have found pictures to be sharper and clearer when taken through a UV filter, this is an added benefit.

For me, the only good filter in this set is the UV filter, I can buy these separately and very cheaply... so in hindsight I wouldn't have purchased this set. I must also point out that filters have there own inherent problems, two such problems are light flares, the more filters you attach to your camera, the more sun spots and blotches you'll see in your photographs, so I would recommend using a hood when using any filter. Do not use more than one filter at a time, this will ruin the quality of your photos.
Second problem for me is the tedium of constantly screwing and unscrewing the damned filters, it can become very irritating and time consuming, especially if you already have to juggle with other camera accessories too.

To summarise, I would say that this is a good set if you have no problem with any of the cons I've listed above, otherwise, just buy a £4 UV filter and leave it there.

Thanks for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product! Great Value!, 23 Feb 2014
I have been using these a lot, they are very good and the glass has no blemishes or marks (they might need a wipe with a micro fibre cloth though) and will not reduce photo quality. The only downside to these is that the effects from the filters are not actually that strong but theyre £14.99 so im not complaining. These are definitely worth having and are much than the other super cheap lens fliters like Xit (which blur all around the edge of the filter)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not what I expected, 14 Nov 2013
I lost the skylight filter on day one of fitting it (my fault for not screwing it on right), The polarising filter does something but doesn't seem to make a startling difference to my photos. I can achieve better results by altering the camera settings. The warm filter is good. I have not tried the flash filter as I rarely use my flash indoors.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 18 Feb 2014
Bought as a gift, boyfriend has used only to test and they appear to be excellent quality and to do what they are supposed to, need to get out with the camera more! I am very happy with this purchase :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 2 Feb 2014
4 filters for less than the price of one - and in a wallet. The quality seems just fine and the Polaroid name lends confidence. I'd buy again.