5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Bliss!
A co-worker of mine had this on down the Stockroom in work last year, meaning I had the chance to listen to it throughout the day. I then bought this not long after and, by all means, this compilation is simply Bliss!

Published on 6 Aug 2012 by Fox in the Box

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Fred
Good collection besides the latter part of cd two. I would of added a Gregory Isaacs,Sugar Minot,Frankie Paul,Freddie Mcgregor,and Dawn Penn track instead of the last five tracks.
Published 15 months ago by D. Bibb

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Bliss!, 6 Aug 2012

At the time of writing, it is a Public (Bank) Holiday at home here today, so I had the pleasure of chilling at home today, drinking a cold one and listening to this compilation. It really is the business and succeeds greatly in getting you moving and, above all, smiling!!

So far, CD 1 is the best for me. In fact, there wasn't a song that I disliked there. CD 2, however, is slightly questionable, but I really say that gently, as it is still very good.

Bottom line, this album was released in order to provide "the essential introduction to the sound of Jamaica", at least, according to the album's back cover. May I say, it provides such a service really quite nicely, so do add this to your collection. Well worth the purchase!

Hope this review helps. Thanks for reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reggae Light, 28 Aug 2012
M. Fermor - See all my reviews
This album represents a jolly introduction to mainstream reggae. It is full of classic summertime tunes that are sure to lift the spirits and make you smile.

Disc 1 is certainly more interesting than Disc 2, although both of them together serve to cover a broad sweep of reggae tunes.

If you have not listened to much reggae before then this is a good way in. However, it merely scratches the surface of a genre that can offer incredible potency with its social and political critique. Additionally, there is a bias towards vocal content and there is a distinct lack of some of the instrumental features one would perhaps associate with the genre.

If you want a happy, uplifting compilation then this is definitely for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars When Reggae ruled, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Trojan Presents: Classic Reggae - The Soundtrack To Jamaica (MP3 Download)
'The Soundtrack To Jamaica' it says on the cover. The Soundtrack To My Youth, I call it. A collection of the very best reggae the 60's & 70's (and some from the 80s) offered from Trojan Records. We were reggae crazy back then - and, as I recall, had the Summers to go with it. So many memories of those halcyon days contained on these CDs. I used to say that I wouldn't be 14 again even if you bumped my pocket money up to 2/6d. Listening to this collection again, I'd give anything to be 14 again, even for just one day. There isn't a duff track here. One or two tracks didn't dredge any long lost memories but that's probably because they're so deeply buried after all this time, but it was still great to hear them (even for what seemed like the first time). I'd certainly buy the rest in this series and I can recommend them to anyone who sought out those two tone trousers, Crombie coats, Ben Sherman shirts, and braces in the 70's.

Summer's on it's way so put this collection on your chosen device - it was just called a record player back then, and relive those memories or even acquire some new ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars feel good sampler. makes winter blues disappear!, 5 Nov 2012
Got this on a whim as already have a load of trojan samplers on cd... mostly dub but this is a great compilation for almost any purpose.... housework, post weekend recovery on a sunday afternoon...heck it even makes driving to work on a Monday feel like a joyous occasion!

5.0 out of 5 stars That warm Jamaican sound, 26 Oct 2012
Mr. T. C. Hill "terryhill9" (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
A superb album containing a lot of my old favourites from a much happier time for music.
Many of the tracks conjure up an image of warmth that only Reggae can. Always makes me think of summer!
Happy music!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great driving music, 20 July 2012
This has been my driving music since I got it - it's summery and upbeat enough to cheer up the motorways. It has a great mix of tracks, with loads of old classics and some newer ones too. So far Disc 1 is my favourite, but Disc 2 will get more of a listen later I'm sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 10 July 2012
Many of the good classics. And in cronological order. I would recommend this to all reggae fans. I am bringing this as my soundtrack when we drive around jamaica this summer :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw quality, 30 Jun 2014
I've been listening to a few reggae classics recently and decided to search them out. I found them all on this album. Great songs from a classic label. Favourite tracks are 'Long Shot Kick De Bucket', 'Skinhead Moonstomp', 'Small Axe', 'Israelites', 'Liquidator' - well most of the double album really.

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, 21 Jun 2013
Trojan presents one of the best cd's of reggae I've heard in ages value for money and great original reggae tunes

4.0 out of 5 stars A platter of gems., 16 Dec 2012
A wide range of wonderful songs from artists best not forgotten. No more to be said; simply an excellent collection.