5.0 out of 5 stars Starcrossed (Awakening)
Published on 9 May 2011 by S. Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love this... Really didn't!
The good:

Great, interesting, intriguing premise. And to be fair to the writer, I have to say I did read to the end (albeit skimming or skipping larger and larger chunks as I went), intrigued how she would close out this first book of the trilogy.

Unfortunately, this is all that I can say that's good.

The frustrating thing is that it feels...
Published 7 months ago by tiggrie AKA Sarah

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love this... Really didn't!, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Starcrossed (Kindle Edition)
The good:

Unfortunately, this is all that I can say that's good.

The frustrating thing is that it feels like a really interesting premise that was ruined by poor writing and lacklustre storytelling. This book felt eerily reminiscent of Twilight... Which from me, is not a compliment. There are a few spoilers further down this review, I've done my best to keep them minimal, but some of the bad and ugly of this book is hard to discuss without a few minor spoilers.

One of the irritating things overall was that the writer didn't seem to have a grasp on the POV. The book as a whole felt like it should have been written either in first person or in a deep third, but there are odd chapters/sections paragraphs not from Helen's point of view. That wouldn't be an issue if this had been skilfully or smoothly done, but it isn't. Too many of the POV changes just felt like out of place intrusions into what was mostly Helen's head. At times the point of view degenerates into a total mess.

There are also too many plain old grammatical errors, badly phrased sentences, metaphors which entirely fail to work, etc. My absolute favourite moment was after a murder and a bloody fight, melted pavements - this in the town centre, by the way, and Helen finds her way there by following the sounds of hand to hand combat - one of these geniuses says they'd better move because "Mortals will be coming." Gee, ya think?! Give me strength.

Angelini is altogether too fond of said bookisms, with characters gasping and yelling, whining, mumbling, allowing, chastising (yes really), not to mention saying things with gratuitous and unnecessary adverbial additions.

Oh, and the allergy to pronouns: this was a minor niggle for quite some time and then I came to a couple of paragraphs which were almost entirely about Helen, and didn't refer to another female character. Why, then, the need to keep repeating Helen this, Helen that, Helen the other? I know her name. I'm almost 3/4 of the way into the book. She's called Helen. I get it! I don't need it repeating four or five times in one short paragraph. This is what the words "she" and "her" are for!

There's some rather dubious faux science of how the powers work: honestly, I think "it's magic!" works better than throwing in a few science-y words and pretending that's an explanation. They're demigods, I'm suspending my disbelief: trying to make the magic "scientific" is unnecessary and actually intrudes on me buying into the the mythology. Later Helen magics up some power that's "hotter than the surface of the sun": I'm no scientist, but... Really? And they all survived with just a bit of melted pavement?? Hmmm.

Add in some heavy handed foreshadowing just for good measure and a few more grammatical errors than are acceptable in a book the reader has paid to read. Basically, it all reads like it need a darn good edit and a good deal of pruning. Why is a book allowed out in this state??

Then just for fun we have a big dose of Special Snowflake syndrome: Helen is stronger and has more powers and is more beautiful than any of the others of her ilk, with a magic item that makes her practically invulnerable. Excuse me while I vomit... Her dad is, like Charlie Swan before him, apparently blissfully unaware of his daughter's abilities and her increasingly strange ways of spending her free time. He isn't quite as much of a clueless space cadet as Charlie, but it's a close run thing. After enormous chaos he does finally confront her, but, predictably, when she says well, I'm not gonna tell you, he returns immediately to space cadet. Yup, that sounds likely.

The first reaction between Helen and the new people in town is that they all hate her on sight, and she hates them just as much. Nice, conflict, always fun. Except in a passage which is less than clear Helen and the (ridiculously handsome, natch) Lucas end up falling from the sky, and apparently save each other's lives (at this point they were still fighting, and when they fall I think she's unconscious, so... Yeah, this didn't make a lot of sense). This fixes the blood feud just like magic (sorry, can't help myself) and from then on the family spends all their time going on about how wonderful and important she is, though exactly why isn't clear. It's all terribly convenient, though by no means the last convenient bit of plot fudge Angelini will throw in.

Speaking of the ridiculously handsome Lucas: ugh. Apparently he's so perfect, Helen would have a sex change for him. Yuk. Quite besides being one of the most ridiculous lines ever written, that's some pretty gross minimising of actual transgender people who have, you know, actual reasons besides teenage crushes to have gender reassignment surgery. It's pretty revolting on many levels, so let's move swiftly on.

His beauty isn't dwelt on quite as much as good ol' Edward Cullen's, but it's altogether too close. When she's "only seen him twice" (actual quote) she can apparently already tell he isn't vain, despite his excessive beauty, which is what makes him so beautiful. Not the muscles or height or colouring, though these are apparently enough to need describing a LOT. Nope, she loves him 'cause, after seeing him two whole times, she just somehow "knows" he doesn't think about his gorgeousness. I believe you, Helen, thousands wouldn't. She does get one over on Bella Swan in that she calls him out on some of his creepier behaviour; naturally (him being so pretty and all) she doesn't actually, you know, DO anything about it, but at least we aren't expected to just see it as cute. It's a small thing, but it deserves mentioning in amongst all the awful.

We also discover why Helen and Lucas's oh so pure love is star crossed: in fact, it turns out Lucas has known all along but didn't tell her because he wanted to spend time with her. Apparently, it didn't occur to him (or to his family) that if he loved her, it might be an idea to give her the down low on why it's a bad idea and they can never be a couple. Everyone else - including the adults and the supposedly ever so wise mum - knows he's stringing her along, but apparently it doesn't occur to any of them to take him aside and point out the crappiness of this behaviour.

He loves her, but apparently it doesn't occur to him that she is just as entitled to an informed decision about their entanglement as he is: nope, poor Helen doesn't find out till she's already in deep. Wow, Lucas. How loving of you. She does at least confront him about this deception, but it's pretty swiftly swept under the rug of "but I twuly lurve you, really I do!" Yup, he loves her so much he makes sure she will suffer just as much as he's going to. Wow, you're a real catch, Lucas...

Just as well he's beautiful (unlike everybody else who are just, and I quote, "nondescript shapes" to Helen) and therefore easily forgiven. Whoops, need the vomit bucket again. When she isn't able to spend time with him, she thinks maybe it'd be a "comfort" to go "stark raving mad". Because, you know, romanticising mental illness is cool these days. Another yuk.

Not only does Lucas look like a Greek god (well, he should, he is one after all), he's also super sensitive and adorable and admirable (how this fits with his huge deception of the girl he supposedly loves I'm not clear). He doesn't actually display these traits particularly, but why show when you can tell? Oh, and he's apparently super duper perceptive for noticing that "no one acts rationally when it comes to their family." This statement of the obvious makes Helen swoon. Pullease. It made me literally eye roll - credit to Angelini, I don't think I've ever actually done that at a book before, though I've felt like doing so many times.

The baddies are at least actually baddies, in that they're slightly more revolting than the good guys. Part of the family is on a mission to rid the world of evil femininity so that the poor boys can control themselves... I hope that Angelini is intending to revolt the reader by this particular gem, it's not entirely clear. To give her the benefit of the doubt I'm going to assume this is supposed to be totally repugnant. Probably/hopefully this is elaborated in further books, but honestly I can't say I care enough to find out. When the best thing I can say about the good guys is that they're not quite as grim as the bad guys...

Basically, this is a really, really fantastic, intriguing premise let down by cringeworthy "lurve", unlikeable characters, poor writing, less than stellar storytelling, enough really awful lines to give me a migraine (I don't think I'm getting over the sex change comment any time soon, I just...) and plot holes you could fly Pegasus through. I think the horrible writing is almost worse because the premise has so much potential. Greek gods! Blood feuds! Magic! Intrigue! What a shame that the book based on such great themes and ideas is so godawful.

As I said at the start, I do have to give the author just the tiniest bit of credit for the premise, and for the fact I did want to know what happened at the end, but it really is outweighed by the negative to the extent that I can't even bring myself to give this book two stars. If you're looking for a Greek god rehash of Twilight, dysfunctional relationships and all, you might like this. Otherwise, give it a wiiiiide berth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Starcrossed (Awakening), 9 May 2011
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well it appears that I have the honor of being the very first person to review this book on Amazon UK and what an honor it truly is. As no-one had written a review about the book I did what I never normally do and took a chance when I requested it, not knowing if it was going to be a good choice or not and I am so glad that I did. I have been glued to the book for the last day and a half and I don't think that I have been this glued to a book since reading the Twilight series. I think that this book may in fact be the new Twilight and believe me it takes a lot for me to say that as an avid fan of the series. I can't wait for the second book to come out and I will definitely be pre-ordering it a soon as the pre-order facility becomes available.

I didn't think with all of the vampire, werewolves, angels and mythological creatures already being written about that anyone would manage to come up with a new slant but I have just been proven wrong and I am so glad that I have been. This story has had me gripped and I love the new slant that the author has thought of.
The story is absolutely ingenious and the author's easy flow of writing totally draws you in and leaves you wanting more which I believe since looking the author up prior to me writing this review there thankfully is going to be, as this is part of a trilogy.

**Potential Spoilers this section**
The main characters in the story are Helen Hamilton and Lucas Delos. Helen is sixteen years old (nearly seventeen) and lives on the island of Nantucket with her father. Her mother left both her and her father when Helen was a baby for no explained reason and took every photograph with her, the only thing her mother left her was a heart necklace which Helen wears as it makes her feel closer to her mother. Helen is from the descriptions throughout the book absolutely stunning as everywhere she goes people stare at her when all Helen wants to do is fade into the background. Helen also has some slightly unusual things about her which she purposefully hides from others such as she is a super fast runner and she can lift heavy objects very easily that other girls her age (and adults) can't.
Just before the new school term starts everyone on the island is talking about the new Delos family who has just moved there from Spain, for some reason Helen doesn't want to hear about them or how beautiful they are (both the girls and boys). The Delos family moving to Nantucket are two brothers (Pallas and Castor) and a sister (Pandora) with one of the brothers wives (Noel), the couples (Castor & Noel) son (Lucas) and daughter (Cassandra) and the other brothers (Pallas) son (Hector) and twin son (Jason) and daughter (Ariadne). Helen starts to have bad dreams about three veiled women (who turn out to be sisters) who are sobbing within a dry desert like land, when she wakes she has dust and dirt caked on her feet but she hasn't left her room. The dreams increase in frequency until Helen first sets eyes on Lucas and then the abominations actually are there in her waking state. For some reason she can't explain she feels total hatred towards Lucas even though she has never met him before and she ends up charging him trying to strangle him to death.
We soon discover that the three veiled sisters are the Fates and that the reason they appear is that Helen and Lucas are actually Demi-Gods known as scions who are in opposing houses. There are four Scion Houses and the war between them started thousands of years ago during the time of the Trojan War. The Scions are the descendants of the Greek Gods who have individual powers based on their God 'sire' however as they get further down the descendant line rather than these powers becoming weaker they actually become stronger. The Scions are fated by the Fates to kill each other from opposing houses and as Helen and Lucas are from different houses this is why they feel the urge to kill each other.
Lucas and Helen end up in an accident together and through saving each others lives are able to be near each other without the desire to kill each other or the Fates turning up. They fall in love with each other although Fate has a bitter way of keeping people apart.....

**Now Non-Spoiler Below**
I honestly loved this book and if I could have given it more than five stars I would have. I really think this is going to be the next major love story book to come out and in my opinion is definitely the new Twilight. I predict that once word gets out about this book and author that it is going to become massively popular. If you are looking for that brilliant summer read then this is for you. I thoroughly recommend this book and as I said earlier I can't wait for the second book to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and beautiful all at the same time, 19 July 2011
Ms. C. A. Anderson "Cassandra220689" (East Kilbride, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book had me absolutely gripped from the first page.

Angelini manages to successfully create a modern day stage for a twist on old Greek Mythology and history, namely about Helena and Paris who, the gods not happy with the tragedy of Troy, want history to repeat itself. This time in the form of their modern day counterparts; Helen Hamilton and Lucas Delos.

Helen, as we come to understand and learn about first, is different, but only comes to terms with her difference to humanity with the arrival of the Delos family which Angelini has cleverly made similar to Twilights the Cullens and just as lovable and friendly. All are surprised by Helen and her actual existence, but while they contemplate what Helens presence means, and us the reader, their presence makes Helen angry to see them, for no reason that she or we can fathom. Not only that but she feels she wants to really hurt them, especially Lucas Delos. He too feels the same urge to kill and on their first encounter of each other, they nearly do, but with this moment comes truth. Who Helen and the Delos family are to each other are revealed and after Lucas and Helen save each others lives, the anger and urge to kill is sated, and instead anger turns into the most beautiful love.

Lucas and Helen don't become star crossed over nothing though, the tale has a sour and sad twist. The attraction and love they feel for each other is forced to be over as quickly as it started. We are left with the bitterness of gods, uncertainty and sadness. Clear though, that we as the reader have been privy to the truth which could set them free of a centuries old curse and a lie which is keeping them apart. In true dramatic fashion we are left to endure the sadness that this truth is not ready to be revealed yet and therefore urging us to want to read on to what will definitely be an exciting sequel.

Their love from a distance is sure to crack soon, it is clear Helen and Lucas share a powerful kind of love and it is just a matter of time...

I can not wait for the sequel, as soon as it is announced I will be pre ordering.

Cassandra220689

5.0 out of 5 stars Greek mythology and romance., 11 Sep 2011
N. J. H. (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This book completely surprised me. I expected it to be a typical boy meets girl and they fall in love type of thing, but this is so unique. Helen Hamilton is painfully shy, until a new family moves to her town and enrols at the school - then all hell breaks lose. She instantly hates Lucas and wants nothing more than to kill him with her bare hands. But why? An ancient curse of the gods means that Lucas and Helen cannot help but want to kill each other. This is explained in so much detail within the book and is really interesting.

I loved the way greek mythology had been woven into the story and was fascinated by some of the history Angelini includes. Each character seemed to resemble a different God - this is also explained further. Essentially Helen and Lucas are the result of a God and human relationship. This gives them abilities specific to each character based on their heritage. For example, a son of Poseidon will have an affinity for water.

This books strongly reminds me of Percy Jackson, another series involving greek mythology, so if you liked that then you'll love this. Personally I am always intrigued by a story of forbidden love so if you're like me then definitely give this one a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Starcrossed, 19 Aug 2011
Vicki @ Cosy Books - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The beginning of Starcrossed is pretty confusing but don't let that put you off. Once the initial explanations are out of the way, the story really gets into the swing of things with main character Helen. Just when you think you have her pegged, everything changes and she becomes completely different but that is definitely not a bad thing as this is what Starcrossed is all about. The fact that Helen didn't know what was going on around her was a good thing for me because it made everything a complete surprise. As her character changes so suddenly, it provides a lot of action and this makes the book really exciting and unpredictable. All of these changes come because of Lucas, the new guy in school and it doesn't take long for the reasons to be explained. I always had my doubts about Lucas and I was never sure about how sincere he was being which didn't make him the most likable main male character. Just like Helen, Lucas has a lot of secrets and this was the best thing about his character.

Without a doubt, the thing that makes Starcrossed so special is the subject it focuses on. With many YA books being about vampires and werewolves, it was nice to see something different for a change. The subject that Starcrossed focuses on is Scions. Scions are the descendants of Greek Gods from hundreds and thousands of years ago and their incredible abilities and talents have been passed down through each generation. I loved how different and exciting this was and it really brought something entirely new to the genre. Starcrossed is also largely about the Trojan War and the star crossed lovers, Paris and Helen and as this is a subject that is so interesting on its own, it was great to see it being rewritten so well.

While the majority of Starcrossed is really good, there was a massive down point. The ending was really rushed and the build up just wasn't on point. While there was a lot that happened throughout the story, the ending felt like it came out of no where and then the book was finished. I would have loved for the ending to have been drawn out a little more or written a little differently but at least it does leave wide openings for the next book in the series as a lot of questions were left unanswered.

Starcrossed isn't the perfect book but it does have a lot going for it and looks to be the start of a great series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, 17 Aug 2011
This book was a page turner, i literally couldn't put it down and read the whole thing in two days.
The greek myth adds real depth into the story and was an interesting addition to what otherwise could have been another typical teenage supernatural book.
I found myself being draw into the story and the characters were people I could connect to and I was routing for them the whole way through, the other romances between the supporting characters is something I will also look forward to reading about in later books as they were a welcome addition to the story and took the focus away from just being about Helen and Lucas all the time to keep the book fresh and exciting.
I am certainally excited about the other books in this series, I can't wait to find out what will happen with Helen, Lucas and co.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review from The Word Fiend, 30 Jun 2011
Shelagh (South Africa) - See all my reviews
Starcrossed is one of those books that has generated a lot of hype among readers and, after reading it, I can assure you that most of it is well deserved.

Reading Starcrossed, it was hard for me to believe that this was Angelini's first novel. Her writing is confident and her characters are interesting individual personalities. The only thing that I think could have been improved on from the mechanics side of a book was the pacing. Everything was progressing well; with Angelini giving enough time for her character's to get into trouble and for the reader to develop a bond with them - until the end. The climax that the book had been building so well towards wasn't handled properly. It suddenly arrived and the careful attention that Angelini had paid to the rest of the story was thrown out the window as the climax began. She managed to regain some of it before the book ended, but I would have liked to see a smoother transition to the climax.

Starcrossed is not a romance - it is a love story. Some of you may be looking at me as if I've lost my marbles, but I believe that there is a difference between the two. For me a love story is about more than just physical attraction - it's about overcoming obstacles to be together and about admiration and love for all that the other person offers. I loved this about Starcrossed. So often YA books have a great romance at their heart, but very few of those relationships have the weight to qualify as a love story. Angelini has handled the developing relationship between Helen and Lucas with grace and style and I applaud her for that.

We've all read YA books where a character has some great destiny that Fate has plotted out for them. But often that destiny is a pretty cool one if we're honest. I mean, who wouldn't want to save the world from demon hordes or lift a curse from a city? What really raised Starcrossed from an entertaining read to a great story was the fact that Angelini has the guts to have her characters question their fates and to consider what it is they would choose for themselves if they had the chance. It makes for reading that will have you thinking and that's something that some books don't get right. This one does.

This book has a great cast of characters. I'm not going to discuss them all, but I was impressed that each character has their own fully-formed personality and has a part to play in the story. There are no throw away characters who don't need to be there or have been included to only provide comic relief. The two main characters in Starcrossed are Lucas and Helen. I immediately liked Helen - she's socially awkward and shy about being different from everyone else and this is a feeling most people can relate to. But as the book progresses the reader (and Helen) discover that she has a lot more backbone and style than she gives herself credit for. And a lot of that is due to her relationship with Lucas. I must confess - I may have a teeny-tiny book crush on Lucas. He's lovely to look at, but he's also a real partner for Helen. Lucas is a real guy - he cares for Helen, but he isn't perfect and freely admits to being jealous of other guys without making it her problem. They bring out the best in each other and that's what we should all be looking for in a partner. I can picture them ten or more years down the line and I don't know how many other book couples I could say that about.

Starcrossed is a promising start to a new YA series from an author who looks set to only get better. Get in on the action now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Starcrossed lovers, 31 May 2011
Want a book which combines elements of mythology with a sizzling hot romance? Want a book with a stunning plot and fabulous characters? If the answer to both is yes, then look no further than 'Starcrossed' by Josephine Angelini.

The story centres on Helen Hamilton who lives on the small island of Nantucket. She's painfully shy and doesn't have many friends except for her loyal sidekick Claire. For as long as she can remember it's just been her and her father and she's happy with things that way. Everything changes when the Delos family arrive on the island and Helen finds herself experiencing overwhelming feelings of hatred towards Lucas Delos; feelings that she can't explain and can't resist. As the two are drawn towards each other Helen eventually discovers the secret surrounding the Delos family and as everyone knows, there's a fine love between love and hate.

I really loved the whole concept of 'Starcrossed'. Angelini has interwoven elements of Greek tragedy into the story which is a spin on the classic tale of Helen (the face that launched a thousand ships) and Paris of Troy. I'm a big fan of the classics and Greek and Roman tragedies so this really appealed to me. There are further similarities with the famous starcrossed lovers of Romeo and Juliet, with Helen and Lucas desperate to be together but afraid of starting a war if they give into their feelings for each other. However, although the book reminded me of elements of other stories, it's also totally unique and unlike anything else I've read in the YA paranormal romance genre. It's incredibly intelligent and clever which means that you do have to follow the plot carefully as there are quite a lot of different plot threads combined and a hefty back story to understand.

Although I found that the story started off a little slow in the first few chapters, it soon picked up the pace, so it's worth persevering if you find it difficult to get into at the start. The ending blew me away and concluded with such a big cliffhanger. Josephine Angelini certainly knows how to leave you in suspense!

This is the first book in a trilogy and I can't wait for more! I have a feeling that I'm going to get absolutely addicted to this series. 'Starcrossed' is going to appeal to a wide-audience of readers as the book contains something for everyone. Action, mystery, romance and an intriguing and gripping plot are all combined to make this one of the hits of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars I need the rest of this series! Now!, 3 Jun 2011
Alongside Die For Me by Amy Plum, this has got to be one of the most anticipated YA books of the year and quite frankly I can see why. This is most definitely a page turning, sleepless night kind of book that I personally struggled to put down. The best way to describe this book is as a mythical modern day Romeo and Juliet, where everything that can be done to keep the starcrossed lovers apart is tried and tested yet fails abysmally.

Helen comes across as a rather clumsy character to begin with, but you soon realise that it is because she isn't really like any other normal human being and has yet to discover her full potential. When the Delos family arrive in her hometown, something takes over Helen and on her first encounter with Lucas Delos, she tries to kill him. I kid you not! Every time their paths cross they are both desperate with murderous intentions. It is only when their hatred turns to desire that Helen discovers she is rather different from any other normal teenager. She is a Scion, just like Lucas and the rest of his family; she is a descendant from the Greek Gods and her family has been at war with the Delos family for centuries. Lucas helps Helen to learn how to use her extraordinary powers, whilst trying to ignore his strong feelings for her which would rip his family apart.

Josephine Angelini has created a real diamond of a book. Her story is mindblowingly original and I loved every word of it. I loved the use of Greek mythology within this book and I definitely feel that it could become one of my favourite genres.

As soon as the Delos family arrive in the book, I found myself being sucked into the story. The build up to their arrival had me intrigued and curious to meet them. I didn't like Helen to begin with, I don't know why I just found her annoying. However as soon as the sparks flew between her and Lucas, she seriously went up in my estimations. The heat of the romance between Lucas and Helen had me reaching for an electric fan to cool the room temperature down. Lucas, I loved from Helen's first attempt to kill him. He is everything you want in a lead male character; gorgeous, lustful yet gentlemanly as well as having a few cool super powers nicely thrown in. I loved the furious hostility between Helen and Lucas to begin with. Their utter hate for each other really brought the story alive and then the author goes and turns this hatred on its head, to create instant lusting. Helen and Lucas are surrounded by a cast of beautifully written characters, who I wanted to get to know individually. There are other romances blossoming amongst the Delos family and their new found Nantucket friends,which I can't wait to see blossom in the next book.

The plot line was fast and furious; the whole idea behind the book was breathtaking and when I came to the end I felt like I had just experienced my first bungee jump. Josephine Angelini writes like a professional boxer fights, and doesn't stop punching you with her plot twists and turns until the very end, where she pushes you off the cliff alongside her cliff hanger ending!

All I can say to Josephine Angelini is 'Welcome to the YA paranormal genre, may your journey through it be a long and prosperous one'.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did nothing for me, 25 Sep 2012
I finished reading this book after slaving through the first 5 chapters of it. When I say slaving, I actually mean that I got a migraine from reading the book.

The thing is that the basic idea of the story had potential. I could totally see this becoming an interesting story. Unfortunately, a good idea does not necessarily make a good book, but its always what the writer makes of the story, and in this case Angelini fell short. The premise of the book had real potential and could have been great but I lost track of how often I raised my eyebrows and asked myself "But WHY???. it happened a few times on every page!

The first roughly 100 or so pages of "Starcrossed" was bad. Ridiculously, cringeworthy stuff. Infact I dont think Ive done this much eye rolling since reading Breaking Dawn..so ok you get my drift? Its that bad. Nothing in this book made sense, the characters were completely flat and all behaved very immature, and I did at some point wonder whether this book was written by a 12-year-old.

I am not really a fan of Greek Mythology so maybe fans of this type of genre might appreciate it more, but surely there are better books based on Greek Mythology than this??? .I had a problem with the way everything was explained and even when the characters started to give a Greek mythology lesson to Helen I was completely lost. It was so jumbled up and very hard to remember who was who and what was going on.

Would not recommend and amazed that this book has had so many positive reviews.

Starcrossed