5.0 out of 5 stars double awesome comfy trainers for grown ups
love these shoes - wear them with jeans and blazer for work or shorts for kicking a ball about.

3rd pair, top quality
Published 21 months ago by toysdude

3.0 out of 5 stars Really Comfortable but...
These trainers are great to wear, I have worn them for the gym, cycling and to the pub (not all in the same day or course). So they are good to wear all day I say all day as some other trainers that I have owned in the past have given me sweaty feet, these don't.

Published 2 months ago by Ron Burgundy

5.0 out of 5 stars double awesome comfy trainers for grown ups, 26 July 2012

3rd pair, top quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Comfortable, 14 Jun 2012
F. Camilleri - See all my reviews
This is an excellent pair of shoes.

The shoes are made of very good material - you can feel the quality with your hands but also when you put them on. The material and make of the shoes fit your feet like a glove fits a hand: it's like a second skin. The shoes are light and soft around your feet, and the soles are toughish.

What attracted me to them was the contemporary design and the soft brown colours (I've got the espresso/brindle pair). Very stylish. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe but the advice over shoe size is misleading, 31 Aug 2013
Conor Dwyer - See all my reviews
I bought these shoes on the back of strong recommendations on Amazon. Of course, reading through the reviews there was a general feeling that buying a larger size is definitely needed as they can be too small.
Therefore after some consideration I bought a larger size and while the quality of shoe is outstanding and extremely comfortable as well as good looking, after a while I did begin to feel uncomfortable as the size was too big for me and they were quite loose on me.
I do believe that if I bought the shoe in my regular size I would have no problem. Therefore I am confused as to where other reviews are saying you definitely have to get a larger size. Perhaps Merrell have begun making the shoes in the correct sizes? I don't know, but the recommendation I can give is to find these shoes in a real store first and try them on. The only option I now have really is selling them on second hand and buying a new pair as I cannot wear them because they are becoming very uncomfortable due to being the wrong size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really Comfortable but..., 26 Jan 2014

My only complaint is they seem to lack grip! I was walking around yesterday and it was spitting and the ground was wet, I was walking across the road and walked over an iron man-hole cover and my foot slipped as I took a step. This has happened on those slabs that you get outside and around shopping areas as well.

So if the surface is a bit slippery then you will slip. The tread on the soles maybe better suited for rough terrain.

4.0 out of 5 stars like a glove, 8 Sep 2013
these merrells represent great value in my view. They are light & comfy and have a firm sole that facilitates (rapid) city walking. Look OK for work too. Havent used them on soft ground yet. Only caveat is that the sizing is v slightly on small size

4.0 out of 5 stars Merrell Men's Sprint Blast Espresso/Brindle Lace Up J15663 10 UK, 27 Nov 2012
J. Winer (UK) - See all my reviews
Very comfortable - I was able to wear them immediately without any problems.
Word of warning I think the sizing is US not UK sizing - I ordered UK size 10 on the drop down as no UK 9.5 shown but they are actually US size 10 which is UK 9.5. Good for me but may not be so great if you do need size 10.

Overall I am very happy with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars usual merrell quality, 18 Sep 2012
My boys both love Merrells- they are pricey but look quite good for casual shoes and they wear very well

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, 22 Oct 2011
This is a great shoe - in fact the whole Sprint Blast line which has been going as far as I know for ten years or so, remains for me the benchmark in comfort, understated elegance and durability. I bought two pairs in 2002 and they are still in use. I have done the same with the Espresso Brindle which arrived promptly and looks fantastic. These are versatile shoes that can be used both for casual with jeans, or for a semi-formal look. Much better value than far more expensive Tods and just as good-looking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the right size!, 15 Jan 2014
Firstly I read all the reviews on this and decided to order 1/2 a size larger. I'm always a 9 1/2 UK and therefor went for a Size 10. The delivery arrived within the week and I was slightly disappointed to find that they were too large. I promptly exchanged them for a 9 1/2. (Amazon returns was as always excellent). The 9 1/2 were a perfect fit... Maybe it's just me or they've sorted the sizing out. Who knows?.. However as with all the other reviews the quality looks to be very good and they feel very cushioned and comfy... The only negative I can think of is what somebody else as already mentioned, and that is the tread is perfectly designed for picking up small stones. Otherwise good purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small fitting shoe. Increase your size by 0.5., 18 Jun 2013
Classy looking and very comfortable shoe though. I would support others who have said order half a size bigger. I wear a UK9.5 in Merrell shoes and have no problem with fitting, but these are a touch too tight and I probably needed a 10. Over time, they will probably stretch and give a bit, but this breaking in time is hindering my comfort levels.

ARRAY(0xa68d54bc)