5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, simple and functional
Published on 26 July 2012 by mkelly

2.0 out of 5 stars Look great but not impressed
We bought these phones as they looked fantastic and other reviews commented on how good the speaker was for hand free.

The phones did not disappoint on these points but I found them to be poor in other areas.

The main issue was the volume of the speaker for normal calls. This was low, even when turned up to the max and on boost.

A issue...
Published on 7 Nov 2011 by W. Webster

2.0 out of 5 stars Look great but not impressed, 7 Nov 2011
W. Webster (Luton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swissvoice Epure Full Eco Cordless Twin DECT Telephone - White (Electronics)

A issue that might only affect the TWIN sets was the missed call indicator light. A nice idea - it flashes when you have missed calls and you reset it by pressing the side button. Handy for letting you know if someone has called or if you might have voicemails with your carrier. Unfortunalty the light would flash on both hand sets and when you reset it on one, the other continue to flash. Quite annoying.

The last issue may not affect everyone, but I thought it worth mentioning. One of our phones failed after a month when the microphone stopped working with the handset held in certain positions. Very strange.. Anyway, Amazon dealt with the return and refunded my account. I must admit I was kind of please for the refund and the chance to get a different phone - which says it all really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, simple and functional, 26 July 2012
I love this phone! It only took a couple of minutes to set up out of the box. Phone features are limited compared to other options out there, but have everything I need - I assume if you are thinking of buying this, you already know what the features are so that should be no more of an issue for you than it was for me. Menus are simple and logical, so easy to navigate. In-call sound quality is great. One of my usual gripes with modern house phones is the ridiculous ring tones on offer - there are some on this I would definitely avoid, but there is also a simple 'ring-ring' which is exactly what i have looked for (and not found on previous phones).

An now for the best part! The design is inspired - combining the best of old and new. Yes - I know it seems superficial to buy a phone because of how it looks, but that's exactly what I did. Some reviewers have complained that this phone represents form over function - I disagree. This phone has worked perfectly for me and does everything I need a house phone to do, and does it well. The handset design is definitely retro, but that design combines form and function - I love that the speaker and microphone are where they are meant to be - beside your ear and mouth, and also that I can comfortably cradle the phone between my ear and shoulder whilst making a cup of tea without interrupting my conversation (now that's my kind of 'hands-free' - old school style!) - I have really missed that with new, smaller handsets.

All in all, this is a great phone and I do not regret my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Design and Functional, 1 Nov 2011
Ordered the twin verison of this phone after my 10 year old Panasonic's started failing one by one. It arrived within 36 hours from ordeing and was set up within 5 minutes. Pairing the extra handset with the base was easy as is storing numbers. Both have caller diaplay and I agree with commnets of others about the available ring tones but that's a minor irritation for me. An answer machine would have been good also but not essential for me personally.I chose these particular phones as they just look brilliant in a modern/retro kind of way. A perfect combination of functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iconic, 1 May 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really impressed with the initial appearance of this phone when I saw it online. I can confirm that it does not disappoint in real life! It looks really modern and stylish, almost like a digital drawing of a phone icon. I think it would suit a super-modern or funky retro environment.

Unlike some other stylish phones this phone is completely cordless. In this day and age most people do not want to be tied to wires while on the phone. We have another unusual phone in our household (a red imitation 1950's scandiphone) but as that one is corded it's essentially been more or less relegated to being an aesthetically pleasing ornament rather than a phone we really use.

The Epure phone is really easy to use, sits nicely in your hand, speech is very clear and of a decent volume in the ear piece and I've never had anyone on the other end of the phone say that I was quiet (a problem I've experienced with other cordless phones). You can easily adjust the earpiece volume while in a call just as you would on a mobile phone. Once you've finished a call it's easy to place the handset back on the base unit, and it rings a quick reassuring tone to indicate that the handset has been successfully connected to the base unit (if incorrectly placed it would not charge the handset so this seems like a handy feature to me).

The ringer on the phone is nice and loud without being offensively loud. We have it next to the bed on full volume and it does not scare us half to death even if it does ring (something I cannot say for my mobile phone ringer!). Also there is a decent choice of ring tones, unlike many other land line phones.

I found it easy to add the time, date and entries to the phone book without reading the manual but there are clear and easy to follow instructions on how to do this if needed.

The battery life seems fine to me, I've regularly made calls of over an hour and not noticed much change in battery life, so it would probably make a good office/home office phone (unlike some other cordless handsets which run out of charge pretty quickly).

I know that there are also other options that I have not explored or do not need yet, but considering how easy and successful all the functions have been s far I do not doubt that anything this phone claims to do it will do with ease.

I would definitely recommend this phone to other people. If you want a stylish addition to your home or office without sacrificing typically useful functions this might just be what you're looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, svelte and sophisticated - Wonderful., 22 Mar 2012
Duncurin (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My kind of phone: love this phone. It's clean, modern, simple yet sophisticated. It is imbued with that elegant Swiss style and functionality, but delivered at a "manufactured in China" price point. It is easy to set up and to use, has wonderful ergonomics that one would expect and the clarity is excellent. the range and battery life, though not tested to absolutes, seem to be perfect for fairly intense use and certainly the signal did not drop out when tested round our home at some distance from the base station. The only criticism that one might level is that it does not have an inbuilt answerphone. In our case, our existing phone does have this so its not something that would be a deal-breaker - especially when this device is so much nicer to handle and to use.

I see that the base station will support up to 5 handsets and I would be most happy to purchase more of these wonderful telephones. So in summary a quality device that is a delight to look at and to use. With many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Service, 27 Jan 2012
Excellent service, item arrived as promised and in very good condition. Its a brlliant phone, will recomend to anyone. easy to use and easy to install, no issue with performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro cool, and it works., 25 Mar 2012
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Telephones tend to be fairly obvious, on a shelf or a stand, or maybe attached to a wall - they are within easy reach and visible, so it's only natural to want a nice looking one. This ePure model aims to appeal to those wanting a funky device on display and thankfully it works well too.

It's a doddle to set up and once you've assembled it (the battery fits inside the handset and charges when it is on the base-station) you can be using it within just a few minutes. The device feels nice and sturdy, it's clearly all plastic but it doesn't have any obvious weak points and seems robust enough for the rigours of daily use. The base is actually a lot smaller than I imagined it to be, it's light but not too light to risk being knocked to the floor at the merest of touches. The handset is easily placed on the stand and seems secure when the two are together, it really does look impressive and the truth is that most will purchase this on the aesthetic quality alone. This is the sort of phone which attracts comments, the very simple styling makes it very striking - though kids tend to think it's a toy!

The functionality is basic but it what it does do, it does well. To be honest I'm not bothered about being able to insert a SIM Card to port over the contacts from my mobile, or send SMS, or have a colour screen with different images for specific callers - they are superfluous to most people's needs. The clarity of the calls is very good, voices are picked up and all words are clear. The large mesh speakers have great volume with no echo and the mouthpiece picks up your own speech well. I spend a lot of time on conference calls for work, and although this isn't the best phone I've used for conference calls (that would be the BT Freestyle 750) it held up well when placed on its side and I didn't sound like I was shouting from the other side of the room!

In a nutshell: In terms of functionality this is basic and that will put some off - for what I want it is perfectly fine, though it would be nice if the caller display could be checked at-a-glance rather than having to pick up the handset. This is very easy to use and simplicity seems to be at the core of this phone in terms of scope and design. It's easily one of the nicest looking bits of retro-styled kit on the market at the moment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by the looks, 19 Sep 2013
I bought this and the black answerphone version from another provider both through Amazon. Neither worked properly. Digital Technology the provider of the black phone offered to check and return it and to look at the red one too. I still await their return as apparently both are faulty - now some weeks since ordered and returned. So basically, expensive trendy goods which do not work and which are still not working or in my possession and a very disappointing service from Amazon with whom I do a lot of business.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to stop the green light, 26 Feb 2013
This is a superb item. Draws admiring comments from everyone.

To all those who can't figure out why the green light is flashing..

You need to access your phone provider's voicemail system ( usually a 4 digit number) and delete all your outstanding messages.

The light will then go out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 26 April 2012
Even it was smaller than I thought it would be, the design looked good and it does what it says. I am glad I made this purchase.