5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing shoes
i have this model of merrells for almost a year now and I am really happy with them. very durable, water proof, amazing grip on slippery surfaces.. I would definitely buy them again.
Published 6 months ago by kokocrazy

3.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof but no grip
Published 23 months ago by Ian

3.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof but no grip, 16 Aug 2012
I have had several pairs of Merrell walking shoes and I have always been impressed. Whilst the Axis 2 Sport scores highly for comfort and their waterproofing, I have found they are really let down by the grip that they offer. The grip when walking over rocks is bad enough when the rocks are dry but is awful when the rocks are wet. Even walking on a wet footpath is like walking on to an ice rink. So, good for comfort (order size up from your normal shoe) and good for waterproofing but terrible for grip on anything other than grass in a flat field. Service from Amazon was excellent, I had to send the first pair back because they squeaked; return service was simple and Amazon sent out replacements straight away.

3.0 out of 5 stars Merrell Axis 2 sport trainer, 24 Oct 2012
Needed a lightweight waterproof walking shoe/trainer so these fitted the bill perfectly. Have worn them for a couple of weeks now, both dry and wet conditions and have to say they are comfortable and very secure on dry ground. However, the grip when walking on anything wet is poor and in some cases downright dangerous. Surprising a company like Merrell never spotted this during testing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing shoes, 31 Dec 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Sent the wrong size, 11 Nov 2013
I was sent the wrong size.
I ordered a size 9 (43) the box said 9 but inside was 8.5
so had to return.

4.0 out of 5 stars Narrow fit!!, 1 Oct 2013
Usual great build quality as expected but lost a star as a narrow shoe compared with other Merells I've had

2.0 out of 5 stars Slippery Soles, 26 Aug 2013
The shoes look great in the images provided but unfortunately, as with most things sold on line; it is only when I received the item that I realised their impractical design... The tread on the sole of the shoes has very poor grip. The fist day I wore them I played hockey and slipped so many times that I scraped both my knees. My advise is to purchase a different model of Merrell trainers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trainers, 21 Aug 2013
My husband loves these. Except for in wet weather when he's skidding around like Jayne Torville as the grips are poor. Otherwise well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 15 Aug 2012
Daniel Clay "Dan" (UK) - See all my reviews
I've got no complaints, they're very comfortable, I've just been wearing them for work to break them in. I cycle to work and after a down poor I still had dry feet when I got in, so that's a bonus. The massive grips do make getting your feet quickly out of your pedal toe-clips a little perilous though! I'm going trekking in couple of months so I'll update if there's any issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars merrell axis 2 hiking shoes, 2 July 2012
comfortable straight away, good solid sole, waterproof enough for the deep puddles as long as you don't hang around.
will buy second pair if money available and merrell haven't discontinued them, like all rest of the good shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Vegan friendly Shoes for an excellent price!, 8 Jan 2012
I was out looking for Merrell Vegan GTX Shoes but at 120, these were pretty expensive. I managed to get these for a bargain at only 32.40 from Amazon! These came up at 36 + 10% discount. Do always remember to buy 1/2 size up in Merrell. Great shoes and should last me for over a year as I do a lot of walking.