5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent TV
Published on 8 Nov 2011 by Chris S

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor field of view
I bought this (LG32LV355T) based on the reviews here but was not prepared for only a 30degree field of view. If you look at the screen at any angles more than 30 degrees (up, down, left and right) the picture quality drops sharply with very poor colour definition.

Published on 7 Jan 2012 by A. noori

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent TV, 8 Nov 2011
I very recently purchased this TV and have so far found it to be an excellent TV. I previously owned a 32" Samsung LCD TV and also have experience with Sony TV's. I have always found that Sony inparticular seem to overcomplicate things. In comparision with both Sony and my previous Samsung I am finding the LG model far more user friendly with bigger, brighter, clearer menus and controls. It was very easy to set up and tune channels.

This is my first step up to full 1080p definition and I have been very impressed. The picture is simply stunning and Blu Ray films have to be seen to be believed. Multiple picture modes allow you to adjust picture for TV/ Movie/ Gaming etc, which is a good feature.

Freeview HD is an excellent addition and makes good use of the TV's picture quality. Consequently I am finding it quite hard switching back to SD (Standard Definition)!

I would note that prior to ordering I would recommend doing some research on screen size vs. viewing distance. Getting the right size TV for your room is very important. Everyone should be aware that recommended viewing distances for HD are much smaller than for SD so if you are going to spend most of your time watching SD TV you are going to want to sit further back.

I would highly recommend this TV. Very good quality. Freeview HD excellent. Price (429)is unbeatable (I checked extensively before buying!). I ordered at 3pm on Friday on Amazon Prime. It was delivered at 9am the next day. Top marks Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love LG! :D, 23 Oct 2011
Bought this as its full HD, which obviously gets us the extra HD channels without needing an additional box. I already have a 42" LG HD ready tv, which I've had about 18 months, and I have no complaints about it at all. But this one is even better, and so slim! Would recommend LG to anyone without reservation. Easy to set up, picture quality is excellent, plenty of scope for any changes you could want to make in expert mode. But to me the pre-set modes are more then adequate. Delivery as always with Amazon was swift, and tv arrived in perfect condition. I have no bad comments to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!, 21 Jun 2011
I wanted a screen to use as a third TV and as an HD computer monitor. I read many online reviews, and this LG seemed to match all my requirements. As a PC HD monitor it is truly 5 star - perfectly clear whether reading small fonts or watching HD DVDs. The surprise came when using it as a TV, and comparing it with my Sony and Sagem HD TVs. The LG was intended as a third screen but is now used as equal first choice with the 55" full HD Sony! Choices,choices, choices - poor me! I recommend this LED screen to all my family and friends - less than 2 seconds to "warm up", perfect picture, decent sound, input ports to suit anyone, and the swivel base is ideal for changing viewing positions between TV and PC.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor field of view, 7 Jan 2012
A. noori - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG 32LV355T 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)

I am returning mine but interested to know if it is a generic problem or only in the one I purchased. I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent TV - Worth Every Penny, 7 Mar 2012
Excelent TV - Outstanding picture quality, so crystal clear (at all angles) Ignore other posts stating otherwise i have tested few times and picture is clear as day and does NOT distort.

TV remote -Great design and all menu features super user friendly ive learnt all features and settings as i like to fiddle and learn lots.
All add on features USB slots ,scart are great again brilliant
Weight is very nice not very heavy. Tv was easy to set up just the base stand which took around 5-8 mins

Overall very impressed and just shocked on how great the price is.

The only problem i had was when i plugged tv in and did the auto tune it wouldnt find any of the Freeview channels,. 4 hours later after around 10 attempts it worked out of the blue.
I did phone the customer support and was told they were busy and phone back but never did hear back from them

My rating would be 10/10 for quality of TV im sure my freeview issue was just a one off but thought id mention it just in case anyone else has the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Razor-sharp and Crystal clear, 4 Dec 2011
My sister bought one of these for herself, after my help in choosing the shortlist. I helped with the install and setup.

Superbly light at just 11 kg, it's simple for most people to lift without too much difficulty.

I'm used to a 40" screen (a Sony from about 4 years ago). The HD picture quality of this 37" is razor-sharp, probably helped by the slightly more compact pixels of the slightly smaller panel. Black levels are excellent (far better than my Sony's).

I did need to create a custom picture preference - colour, brightness and contrast, but once done it gives a very nice and natural image.

I recommend turning off the dynamic brightness and the auto-power saver (defaults to 4 hours).

Sound is remarkably good for such a slim panel, but be aware that it is sensitive to the surfaces around it - my sister got me to install this on an articulated wall bracket in the alcove beside the fireplace and you can hear the sound field changing quite a bit when pulling it out from the wall. You probably don't want anything too soft below or behind it otherwise it would probably sound a bit mushy and flat.

[strikethrough]Haven't been able to try the Smart features yet - still waiting for the broadband connection.[/strikethrough]
UPDATE:
A commenter correctly questioned whether this is a Smart model (thanks Jon). It is NOT a Smart model. It does have a networking connection and will configure TCP/IP to connect on your local network, but that seems to be it. No additional menu features light up as a result. No internet browser feature appears. You can't even select to update the firmware over the internet it seems!
What was the point of adding Ethernet and then doing nothing with it LG? I don't know, but maybe a future firmware (over the aerial) will add extra features.
The user manual (pages 52 & 53) do make reference to "If you want to access the Internet directly on your TV, the broadband internet connection should always be on", but does not provide any guidance on how you would achieve this access.

However, the rest of my review stands - it does have a superb picture once you firtle the settings to your liking. (Sister also treated herself to a Humax HDR-FOX T2 HD 1080p 500GB Recorder with Freeview HD, which definitely does connect to the internet and offers direct and very easy BBC iPlayer browsing - also recommended.)

5.0 out of 5 stars LG 32LV355t, 27 Aug 2011
was unsure about getting this tv as it had no reviews about gaming. it was easy to set up had no problems, playing games on it is great to haven't noticed any lag or blur even on games like cod. haven't had much chance to see the free view as the aerial i got was crap and didn't pick up a signal, but the rare times i did i can say that the picture was nice and clean. the sound is decent to, easy to hear and listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent :-) and no shiny surround!, 28 Sep 2011
A great TV. All the input's you want, good picture and a neat, small (NON SHINY) surround. All in all, a very neat, smart unit. As an added bonus, it is an economical TV to run as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great television at the best available price, 21 July 2011
s "s" (north west) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I purchased this television after a great deal of thought because i would have prefered 100Hz and not the 50Hz on this set.However,i needn't have worried.I purchased the tv from amazon as we have purchased a number of items from this Company and always been delighted with the service.This was no exception.Upon ordering you receive a confirmation email and an expected dispatch date.Then you receive an email informing you your item has been dispatched and then a further link from the Courier who provided a one hour time slot for the delivery.The Courier was spot on.The tv arrives in a very slim box but is still quite weighty.Assembly consists of fixing two pieces of plastic together with four screws to create the base and then attaching the base to the tv with another four screws,all of five minutes.Plug into the mains,attach the antenna and auto-tune took longer than i expected at approx 15mins.I never unticked the box on the display allowing me to renumber/move the channels so i would need to auto-tune again in order to shuffle the channels in the order i would like.The picture,when tuned,is so good,i didn't know whether i was watching the HD freeview or SD.The sound is awesome.My only gripe is the instructions are on a disc and not on paper.There are some instructions on a supplied pamphlet but how a disc replaces paper suprises me.In summary,a great tv at a great price delivered by a Courier offering a superb service.A highly recommended television.Since i have posted this review,some people have expressed their belief that this tv runs at 100Hz.I've been in touch with LG and they inform me that though the TV has been been future-proofed for 100Hz,for tv programmes in the UK, it runs at 50Hz and for certain games consoles,60Hz.I hope this stops any confusion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 1 Oct 2011
J. Jewhurst (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
Good value for money. Picture wasn't great until we turned the eco mode off, then great picture and colour. Fairly basic in terms of features i.e. no picture in picture options but good freeview HD list. I'm very pleased with the quality of the set. Amazingly thin and very light. The stand is weighted for extra stability but it does shake a bit if you knock it accidently. Films are great even not in HD. Plenty of connections at the back and easy menu to select inputs.