5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Album with revised listing for any age.
This is an amazing album which is ideal for anyone who likes their music with a dash of theatre.
Every track is meticulously put together although I believe the album sounds better if track 1(Bat out of Hell) is placed after track 7. This is because to me that song is like the peak of the album and incorporates everything which has gone before.
Also listen to it...
Published on 5 Dec 2005 by R. sum

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the surround then?
Okay, it's Bat out of Hell. If you are thinking about getting the SACD version, then you've probably already worn out a few vinyl copies and notched up a few speeding tickets driving too fast to this classic album. The music is, well, Bat out of Hell. Superb. The SACD though, has me puzzled. My version, contrary to other Amazon reviews and the Sony Europe website, does...
Published on 17 Sep 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Album with revised listing for any age., 5 Dec 2005
R. sum "m22sum" (uk) - See all my reviews
Also listen to it from start to finish a few times through headphones.
Don’t worry if your friends ridicule you as this is an album worth listening to at any age( It also covers every emotion so is ideal for any moody teenagers).
Enjoy
R

5.0 out of 5 stars Its an age thing!, 16 Sep 2006
C. R. Lowe "Domtail" (Pontefract) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bat Out Of Hell (Audio CD)
I got introduced to Bat Out of Hell whilst at University in the early '80s (well actually thats not true, my friend brought the neon single down for me whilst at school and i never realised it was so great (never realised until it was too late that he was great too!!!!))

There isnt a dud song on this album. And i think it strikes so many chords for so many people. Paradise by the dashboard light - well you cant argue with that at all. If only id listened and understood that this was so insightful a message id have saved myself a lot of angst.

But seriously it is fantastic. 24 years after my first purchase ive just bought it again. And it doesnt hiss as much on CD at high volume but it hits the buttons that id forgotten id got!

I went to see Meatloaf in the midlands in 1985. I could afford to go then, cant afford to see him this October but Mr Meatloaf "for crying out loud i (still) love you!!"

5.0 out of 5 stars They Just Don't Make Them Like This Any More, 10 April 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Bat Out Of Hell (Audio CD)
I'm only 16, but I've been raised on classic rock n roll. And Meatloaf has got to be amongst the best. Bat Out Of Hell is not only my favourite Meatloaf album, but my favourite album of all time. Bat Out Of Hell itself is an explosion of heavy guitarism and an awsome opening track, and the rest don't fail to disappoint. Big hits You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth & Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad are also on the album, and this is rock n roll at it's best. If this doesn't get you turning up the volume, nothing will.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bat is best, 20 May 2003
AGH (Hamphsire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bat Out of Hell (Audio CD)
Is it cool to say your all time favourite album was introduced to you by your Mother? 1977 this came out when I was 7 and I still listen to it today. All revved up with no place to go... was the first song I ever picked up the air guitar to. This album is nothing short of a legend in the rock/metal business (in my opinion) and still sounds superb along side all modern offerings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding...IF you get the right one..., 31 Mar 2006
D. Starck "Darren" (DORCHESTER, Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bat Out of Hell (Audio CD)
There seems to be a lot of people complaining about the lack of multichannel on this SACD. That is because it is a STEREO SACD, and does NOT have a centre channel even, despite what another review claims.
Stereo SACD's sound FAR superior to standard CD's.
If you are looking for the multichannel version, then head over to Amazon.de - the last time I looked they had some in stock. It's where I ordered mine from.
I did see a multichannel in MVC in the UK when they were still in business, however that was a one off. The Multichannel version is notoriously hard to find in this country.
I own both the stereo, and multichannel versions, as well as an audiophile grade half speed mastered vinyl, and I can safely say that the vinyl kicks them both into last week on a decent system, but for truly enveloping sound, the SACD-Multi is pretty damn spectacular. The stereo one is intended, like the vinyl, much more for purists.
I tend to listen to the multi more than my vinyl, purely because of the added durability an optical format offers.
Ollie

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure that you will never tire of it., 6 Nov 2006
This review is from: Bat Out Of Hell (Audio CD)
Three lengthy rock opera epics (I actually think that 'For Crying Out Loud' is the best love song ever to come out of rock and roll), two five-minute pieces that transcend all age groups and music genres, and two shorter ones; one of which is a 'rocker' and the other, along with 'For Crying Out Loud' still sends shivers up my spine after all these years (I won't say how many!) This album is a masterpiece. Any youngsters out there who are enjoying 'Bat Out Of Hell III': you will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless work of art., 4 Nov 2007
This review is from: Bat Out of Hell (Audio CD)
I'll ask you a question. Why do people laugh when you say Meatloaf is your favourite performer? The music is great and listened to by as many people today as in the 70's. The song lyrics are perfect. The musicianship is top notch and Meat himself outshines almost any other performer I have seen or listened to. He acts as he sings as he feels and seems to me to be living each and every song as though that is all that ever mattered at that particular moment.
For me he has a voice that would grace any opera and performs the very best in driving music. Bat out of Hell itself is Meatloaf to the very core. I was about 8 when I first heard it and played the tape til' it melted. And it still sounded better than Brotherhood of Man. The words were telling me to explain things in descriptive detail and that emotions were to be worn on the sleeves of your black leather jacket. This album was where my own imagination was forged and where my relationship with non-rockers was destroyed.
I took the imagination to school where teachers were telling all the kids to use theirs in their writing and screaming at them when they day dreamed whilst looking out of the window - That's using imagination teachers. But because of Bat out of Hell I knew what my emotions were and and that one day I would tear past those pencil necks on a silver-black phantom bike and salute them all the way down the road.
If your kids are old enough to sing then throw out Bob the Builder music and buy them Bat out of Hell. Then stand back as their brains begin to dance.

Will Joseph.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 5 Mar 2008
This review is from: Bat Out Of Hell (Audio CD)
you all know this album inside out. Newly polished up and shiny - the songs get that extra oomph. The live tracks offer little new but are interesting. Dead Ringer is a fine song and is not out of place, as it completes Bat as a "best of". The DVD is definitely of its time and posesses none of the gloss and pizzazz of the later MTV epics. This combo is excellent value and should be in everyones collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meat's Debut Rock Opera, 17 Feb 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Bat Out Of Hell (Audio CD)
Meat Loaf's debut album released way back in 1978, This album contains most of meat loaf's most famous songs such as the title track Bat Out Of Hell, Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad and the live favourite Paradise By The Dashboard Light.
There are so many live versions of these songs around today which can make the sound quality of this album now sound dull.
But this album is one of the best albums ever made and nothing will beat this album in my opinon. BUY IT
Written by Jim Steinman one of the most talented song writers on this planet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bat Out Of Hell: Meatloaf - There's evil in the air and there's thunder in the sky, 14 Aug 2014
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bat Out Of Hell (Audio CD)
Released way back in 1978, Meatloaf’s debut album is a timeless classic that will resonate down the ages.

I first came across this in 6th form in the early 90’s, and this was music that instantly spoke to my hormone raddled frustrated teen self. All revved up and no place to go indeed. This was music that I understood, made by someone who understood what life was about at that age. The bleak nihilism, the frustration, the crude humour, the sheer energy that needed some form of release.

Nearly 20 years later and my more mature self still appreciates this album. Apart from the nostalgia value there is so much here that is just so darned good. The title track is a classic that needs no introduction. From the opening piano riff to Meatloaf’s final desperate howl this is a song that just grabs you by the balls and keeps you gripped for its entire 10 minute run time. It’s a song I just love to scream along to in the car, it’s a great track for releasing any pent up energy and frustration. Not that I have as much now as I did back in 6th form.

The album then continues with a set of songs equally dark and frustrated, dealing with the main preoccupations of the teen mind, sex and death. The final two tracks are genius, with the epic, operatic, grandiose, bombastic ‘Paradise by the dashboard light’ seguing into the simple, plaintive ‘for crying out loud’ – it almost feels like the afterglow after the album has climaxed, slowly building to a second crescendo that almost outdoes the first.

A work of genius that will cry out for the rest of time. 5 stars.

Bat Out Of Hell