on 21 August 2011
This book, and its follow up The Jerusalem Assassin, are based on events in the history of modern Israel. This particular offering is a three pronged race against time leading up to the war of 1967 which saw the country double in size.

I read both books in extended single sessions (and his stand alone book The Masada Complex) and, as I said elsewhere, am now disappointed that I have nothing else by him to read! Excellent, plausible thrillers with historical facts woven seamlessly into the tales in such a way that the conspiracy theorists will probably be quoting him in a year or two.

Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys a good 'spy/terrorist thriller' with a well researched historical backdrop.
on 30 September 2012
A really good read once started couldn't put it down would recommend it.Good story and believable characters that kept the reader interested
This is an excellently written, suspenseful book, extremely informative about conditions in Israel and particularly Jewish scholarly life.

We are introduced to some of the main protagonists in the story in 1944 - Tanya, a young Jewish girl, Abraham and Elie, who "had the devil's eyes" (and I did find him to be a particularly evil character).

Twenty-one years later Abraham has become a Rabbi, and has a son, Jerusalem, or Lemmy. Tanya finds Abraham again and the more modern-day story gets under way. Lemmy, a Talmudic scholar, now falls in love with the much older Tanya, whom Abraham also loves.

Real-life political persons in Israel figure in the book, though the main characters are fictional (I presume). Violence is intermingled with religion/spirituality.

The author has fully researched the facts and flavor of life in Israel. The book is filled with Jewish terms unfamiliar to me.

I highly recommend the book especially to those interested in Israel.
on 8 January 2013
I've been inspired to write a review for the first time after reading this book despite having read many other tittles from amazon that I have thoroughly enjoyed.
From the first page the author hooks the reader. Opening at the swiiss border in the closing stages of WW2 the author suggests the possibility of a tale of nazi treasure plundered from victims of the holocaust and the pursuit thereof. However, the tale then shifts to 1967, Israel and an imminent war in the miiddle-east. A portrait of life in a ultra strict talmudic sect, a young man beginning to question his secular upbringing and the political intrigues of a country facing the possibility of a second genocide in a lifetime is painted in vivid colours with a masters artistry. The pages fly by and it's only as you near the end of this novel that you realise that the unfulfilled premise hinted at in the beginning is probably only a sequel away.
I've started reading that today - The Jerusalem Assasin.
on 17 March 2014
Interesting and well defined story about the tensions within the Jewish community in Jerusalem. The making of a young man in the face of adversity.
on 8 November 2012
Nobody can prepared you for the journey you're about to take from the twist and turn world from the end of 1944, Elie Weiss, Abraham Gerster & Tanya Galinski,along with the Mossad. When the first page can grab you and drag you in, you know it can only get better! Brilliantly written, when it gets made into a film I hope they don't ruin the charactors or the plot. This is edge of your seat reading, I cannot praise this book & author enough.
on 7 February 2014
Couldn't put this book down from when I started.
A great read with such a clever mix of reality and fiction.
on 8 November 2012
Having previously read the Jerusalem Assassin I thought that I should read the prequel, this book the Jerusalem inception. I was not disappointed, the story and historical background to the six day war was absorbing and fascinating. I could not put the book down and would recommend it to anyone. I would say that it is probably preferable to read the books in the right order, but both books do stand alone.
on 21 July 2015
If I could give 6 stars I would. Although I was given the sequel to read first the author has depicted a story of great credibility irrespective of whether or not it is fiction. I thoroughly enjoyed the numerous plots within the stories and would recommend the book to all comers.
on 8 November 2012
This was quite well written ,but a bit far fetched . One had to stretch your imagination to put the characters in their new role in Israel ,but the chronology of the war was very good and held the book together . Iwould say Ok .