Price:£4.78+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 27 September 2011
I bought a leappad for my 4yrs old daughter and browsing through games ,i came across this and decided to buy one so the leappad can be protected from accidental drops...It's a bit expensive though but does what it says and on a second thought,considering what it cost you to buy the leappad,i can say it's worth the buy.It's eye catchy and my daughter loves it.The delivery was quick too...
on 17 January 2013
Summary

What's the point in having a case for the product, when the device falls out of the case when your 3+ year old turns it upside down?

Cons
- No straps or the like to keep the device in place.
- Zip is known to fail.

Pros
- Protects your device, that is, until the device falls out because of the lack of straps to keep the device in place.
on 15 November 2011
Bought this Explorer case to protect my daughters new LeapPad. Within 5 minutes the zip loop had come off, it wasn't stitched together very well.
Other than that it seems sturdy and good for purpose.
The LeapPad has been dropped whilst inside this case and it still works so it must be good.
Only slight issue is that my daughter cannot use the LeapPad while it is in the case as the case gets in the way of use and does not 'hold onto' the LeapPad at all. It is only secured when the zip is done up.
But that is a very minor point, overall this is is good and well worth the expense to protect the precious LeapPad!
on 7 November 2011
Having recently purchased the Leap Frog Leap Pad for my son (for Xmas) I knew I would need a case to protect it when we are out and about or travelling and this case fitted the bill (seeing as there does not seem to be any comparible items on the market as at yet). The Leap Pad Fits in perfectly and there is storage space for an addional stylus and 6 individual game slots with elastic covering to hold the games in place. It's fairly sturdy and the zip opening seems simple enough for little hands to master and it does have a strap attached to the zip which enables easy carrying and ease when using the zip. The colour is great and unlikely to be mis-placed in your bag.

Like other reviews the only thing which would have enhanced this product and to given it 5/5 stars would have been a strap, velcro or elastic to hold the Leap Pad itself in place, it is shaped to fit snuggly around the Leap Pad, but would have been an added extra safety feature especially with kids opening things upside down and the wrong way round :o)

£14.99 may seem pricey for just a case but I suppose if you factor in the price of the Leap Pad it's worth it to give it some added protection especially if you are looking to take this on your travels.
on 30 January 2013
Although the LeapPad Explorer is quite robust, the case gives it that extra bit of protection when not in use. It is well padded front and back and has small slots in which to store the game cards which are add on extras. We also store the USB cable in the case so the LeapPad can be connected to the computer when required. The zip appears quite strong and the outside of the case is easy wipe-clean. All in all, a good buy at a sensible price and I would recommend this to LeapPad Explorer users. I don't know if it would fit other hand helds within the brand.
Negative points: - not found any yet.
on 14 November 2011
this is quite a good product as it's durable and has good storage for games and the stylus. a couple of 'bad' points being that my little girl finds it difficult to get the games out of the elastic as it's very tight but there isn't any elastic to hold in the leap pad itself! The case is really only good while traveling and the leap pad is not being used. It doesn't protect the pad at all while it's being used as it slips out of the case! Very poor oversight by manufacturers. Good value for money though and I'll be sewing in some elastic myself !
on 30 January 2012
A must have for any leappad owner. The case is very durable and the leappad fits perfectly, along with space to hold up to 6 leappad games. These are held in place very securely too, so no worrying about the games falling out. The case is very well padded and has a strong zip.
Overall, I am very pleased I bought this for my son's leappad as he takes it everywhere with him and this case keeps it safe and in one piece.
Very highly recommended and definately worth the price.
on 25 February 2013
With my son, a case for his Leapad was essential, and this one is great - it's very think and the Leapad feels like it will be safe inside it. He's had it 2 months and the Leapad is still working, so that says something!! I still think that, like the adapter and the rechargeable battery pack, this case should in the pack with the Leapad - I would happily have paid more to have them all arrive together (for less than the price of buying and shipping them all separately).
on 9 February 2013
We bought this to protect our sons leapPad from getting banged about on its travels. I'm pleased to say it does the job very well. It's got a tough outer shell too keep your LeapPad from getting damaged with little holders for the extra cartridges you need on the inside. All in all a worthwhile addition to the leap Frog list of accessories to help keep your expensive child's tablet safe.
on 27 October 2011
My son webt bananas when we got him a leappad but it quickly became apparent we would need a case for it when traveling. Bought this and its great! Had straps for loads of games (6 or 8, I can't remember) and a gap for a spare pen, but no strap to hold the leappad in so be careful when opening it. Very durable (as my rough-handed son has proven) and a great buy!