5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value
This is an excellent product, reasonably priced, decent padding and holds the device securely. Amazon's own brand is excellent value signifies what an excellent idea it is to grotesquely exploit your work force while paying the minimum taxes. Double whammy was invented for this - pay no taxes and benefit from a government subsidised workforce. Well done Amazon!
Published 7 days ago by J. O'Shea

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but a bit compromised
Published on 11 Jun. 2012 by Mr. I. A. Macpherson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but a bit compromised, 11 Jun. 2012
Mr. I. A. Macpherson "Macca" (Leamington Spa, Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: AmazonBasics Leather Case with Removable Belt Clip for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This case feels reasonably robust. It's a flip up design, with a thin pocket behind the cover. The main unit houses the iPod via a plastic frame that it slides into. This is one of the design issues. Although this give a solid hold to the iPod, it also impinges onto the edges of the screen meaning some things are hard to touch on screen if they are near the edge, as the frame gets in the way. Not a massive issue if you just want to clip it in to the case and listen to music, but a bit of a pain if trying to use it when in the case for games etc.
The belt clip is removable, and attaches to the back of the case via a round plastic post, that protrudes from the back of the case by about a centimetre. For this reason it's a bit annoying when not on the belt clip, as it gets in the way slightly.
If you want a case that will remain on a belt clip and will mostly hold the iPod without it being used for the screen, then this gets 4 stars. if you want something to use as a standard case for various use as well as on the belt, it's a 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars I quite like this but it is definitely basic, 21 April 2012
n7misc (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Exterior - smooth black leather but there is a metal label with amazon basics on the front which is quite heavy branding for me! The clip on the back seems sturdy enough so far, made of black plastic - but quite bulky. It does come off easily (press of a button) but then you're left with a button on the back of the case. Interior is fine - all the right holes etc and a grey fabric. There is a small pocket in the interior front flap.

This is basic but sturdy - great if you want your iPod on your belt - the black is a bit macho for me but maybe they have other colours...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 19 Feb. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Basic about it, 25 May 2012
Kev Partner "Writer, geek, dad." (Alton, Hamshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was pleasantly surprised when this turned up. I expected something "economically" made out of poor materials but what I actually got was what looks to be, to all intents and purposes, a premium product. Made of leather with good quality stitching, and even a pocket sown into the inside front, this is the absolutely perfect home for an iPod Touch. Nice one.

5.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect.... so close, 17 May 2012
L. Thompson "mentorartemis" (UK, North West) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great fitting case for iPod. This is almost perfect, I love the case itself, well made, neatly manufactured and sturdy in it's construction. If I have to be really picky, I don't like the belt clip. It's a bit clumpy for me. I took it off the back and there is still a big connecting piece on there. It's only really an issue if I need to slip it into a small pocket of my handbag so otherwise it's not a problem. I think the clip itself is clever enough, if I wore a belt it would fasten nicely and turn to a variety of angles to allow me to use the phone, text etc however I'm sat, stood or whatever. I think that was well thought out and a useful feature.

If I had to buy another, I'd happily have this model again, it does fit brilliantly, is neat, tidy looking and does protect the iPod really well. Overall I think it's a winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit at the back gets annoying., 28 Oct. 2013
It's a brilliant little case, but it has a belt clip bit on the back that doesn't come off. I've tried it when running and it's good for that, but when your not using it, it gets in the way so much. To be clear I'm not talking about the clip I'm talking about the bit that's left when you remove the clip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and good quality, 21 Oct. 2013
Dr Gautam Sen "Tilak" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Does the job fine and at a very reasonable price! Rare to find such bargains when ripping off customers in the name of the retailers game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality case, 21 Feb. 2013
M HALL (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Another great product from this amazon range, I really like this one for my iPod touch 4G. It offers good protection and covers front and back and is easy to flick open to view the screen, the stitching is very high quality and the silver embossed logo on the front gives it a classy touch, no pun intended.

No gripes with the protection and I'm glad it has a hole for the camera but my one bug bear is that the mechanism for the belt clip doesn't actually detach from the case itself so if you don't use the clip you've still got the nut protruding a few cms, rather annoying and I found this was the cause of a lot of pain in tight jeans in let's just say sensitive areas! Cracking case otherwise, very pleased hence 5 star rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Nov. 2012
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a smart case, decent size, not too bulky and gives good protection for the ipod.

The ipod can be easily removed which is good really because if you want to fit it into a docking station you cant do it with this cover on.

The belt clip is a good idea but if you want to take it off you cant which is a little annoying.

Sturdy protective case which does what its designed to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart but clip a tad too chunky, 18 Aug. 2012
Klingsor (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It does what it says on the tin - slide your iPod touch inside, flip the cover, clip to your belt and pres play. Black leather is of a good quality and amazon basics design is as functional as it is stylish. This little case looks good and feels good.
My only reservation is a rather chunky plastic clip, as thick as the leather case itself, so when it was on my belt it was sticking out. It looks like the removable locking mechanism required some extra casing, but the gains of that extra feature are obvious. Even if I almost scraped it couple of times, its still more convenient having my iPod withing quick and easy reach. Not to mention safer than keeping it in my pocket.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›