5.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect.... so close

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but a bit compromised
Published on 11 Jun. 2012 by Mr. I. A. Macpherson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but a bit compromised, 11 Jun. 2012
Mr. I. A. Macpherson "Macca" (Leamington Spa, Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: AmazonBasics Leather Case with Removable Belt Clip for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This case feels reasonably robust. It's a flip up design, with a thin pocket behind the cover. The main unit houses the iPod via a plastic frame that it slides into. This is one of the design issues. Although this give a solid hold to the iPod, it also impinges onto the edges of the screen meaning some things are hard to touch on screen if they are near the edge, as the frame gets in the way. Not a massive issue if you just want to clip it in to the case and listen to music, but a bit of a pain if trying to use it when in the case for games etc.
The belt clip is removable, and attaches to the back of the case via a round plastic post, that protrudes from the back of the case by about a centimetre. For this reason it's a bit annoying when not on the belt clip, as it gets in the way slightly.
If you want a case that will remain on a belt clip and will mostly hold the iPod without it being used for the screen, then this gets 4 stars. if you want something to use as a standard case for various use as well as on the belt, it's a 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars I quite like this but it is definitely basic, 21 April 2012
n7misc (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Exterior - smooth black leather but there is a metal label with amazon basics on the front which is quite heavy branding for me! The clip on the back seems sturdy enough so far, made of black plastic - but quite bulky. It does come off easily (press of a button) but then you're left with a button on the back of the case. Interior is fine - all the right holes etc and a grey fabric. There is a small pocket in the interior front flap.

This is basic but sturdy - great if you want your iPod on your belt - the black is a bit macho for me but maybe they have other colours...

5.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect.... so close, 17 May 2012
L. Thompson "mentorartemis" (UK, North West) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great fitting case for iPod. This is almost perfect, I love the case itself, well made, neatly manufactured and sturdy in it's construction. If I have to be really picky, I don't like the belt clip. It's a bit clumpy for me. I took it off the back and there is still a big connecting piece on there. It's only really an issue if I need to slip it into a small pocket of my handbag so otherwise it's not a problem. I think the clip itself is clever enough, if I wore a belt it would fasten nicely and turn to a variety of angles to allow me to use the phone, text etc however I'm sat, stood or whatever. I think that was well thought out and a useful feature.

If I had to buy another, I'd happily have this model again, it does fit brilliantly, is neat, tidy looking and does protect the iPod really well. Overall I think it's a winner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic But Functional, 1 May 2012
AndyBSG "A. Graham" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This phone case is designed for the iPhone 4 or 4S.

The actual case itself is made out of that 'faux leather' that seems so prevalent nowadays and it's OK but obviously not a patch on genuine 100% leather. Overall it looks pretty basic and is definitely designed for function rather than style.

The phone slots in through a little gap in the top leaving the whole screen open once you flip the cover open and it also has a hole at the back for the camera. The actual belt clip is two seperate peices. The first piece is sown into the case and is plastic connecting device that allows it to slot onto the belt slip itself. The clip simply slides into the connector and clips in place and is released by a button and you can rotate the the connection through a full 360 degrees at any time. To clip onto your belt or such you simply push the clip open as you would a clothes peg.

Overall the whole thing seems pretty well made with a nice strong plastic for the clip and solid stitching on the leather but there are some drawbacks. First one is that the camera hole is kind of pointless because the clip does appear in shot if you try to take a photo so you need to take it out of the case. The second problem is that the clip mechanism is a flexible peice of plastic and to start with it is very stiff but the nature of it means that over time it will loosen and eventually snap.

No idea how long that would take but I suspect it would be the first thing to go and at a guess i'd say this has a life expectancy of 1 to 2 years. May not sound great but i'm sure the new iphone would be out by then and a different shape anyway so overall this is pretty good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Case closed - then opened again, to use my IPod, 16 May 2012
JJ (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Up until now I've been using a gel-like back cover for my iPod. However it doesn't really protect the screen, nor does the fading luminous blue look very nice. Amazon Basics leather case does look nice and it protects the screen.

It should be noted that the case comes with a large belt clip on the back. If you are looking for a flat-backed case to slip easily into your pocket you could resolve this and do what I did - unstitch the clip and throw it away. This also takes off the little bolt on the back. However, if case mutilation is just too much you may want to look elsewhere.

If you're after a sturdy case and like to have it clipped onto your belt then this is a great investment. The clip is sturdy, solid plastic that I can't see breaking.

The case uses magnets to keep it shut and features enough space around the edges of the case to use the volume controls easily and do not impede your typing. It has also got a hole in the back so you can use your camera (if you have one) without removing the removing your iPod.

I did not like the belt clip (obviously) but I do like the case so 4*

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 19 Feb. 2015
This is an excellent product, reasonably priced, decent padding and holds the device securely. Amazon's own brand is excellent value signifies what an excellent idea it is to grotesquely exploit your work force while paying the minimum taxes. Double whammy was invented for this - pay no taxes and benefit from a government subsidised workforce. Well done Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Basic about it, 25 May 2012
Kev Partner "Writer, geek, dad." (Alton, Hamshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was pleasantly surprised when this turned up. I expected something "economically" made out of poor materials but what I actually got was what looks to be, to all intents and purposes, a premium product. Made of leather with good quality stitching, and even a pocket sown into the inside front, this is the absolutely perfect home for an iPod Touch. Nice one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leather Case I Pod Touch 4th Gen, 3 May 2012
D. Pass (Staffs) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At first glance this is a well made leather case , it fits the i pod touch well with all the holes lined up dead centre.
Turn it over and you have a great chunk of plastic that is the clip to attatch to your belt, pocket etc.Which sticks outabout an inch.
The clip can be removed easily by pushing on both ends which lets you slide the clip off easily, but this leaves a small round knob which does stick out by a quarter of an inch which will stick in you if you just want to pop it into your pocket or face it outwards which solves the problem.
This would be more suited for my wife so that the clip can be attatched to the inside of her handbag then you will not notice the clip .
It has a magnetic catch which is quite strong and should last as long as the case. I have dropped a star just because of this clip , but dont let this put you off a well made product which will give good protection to your touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, 17 May 2012
Jason Gaston "Uncle Jay" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fits the unit nice and snug but doesnt interfere with any of the buttons or ports. Sturdy, not too heavy and the amount of protection it gives justifies the added size. Belt clip with quick release is sturdy and not too fidldly and gives a nice reassuring click when back in place. Magnet that keeps the main flap down is strong enough to stay shut but not strong enough to cause problems openning. All in all I'm very happy indeed this will no doubt keep my iPod touch protected for the life of the unit. I feel confident also that this case would protect my iPod if dropped from a significant height (not something I am willing to test nor recommend ha ha) top marks and definitely a recommendation to anyone who wants to look after there iPod touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality case, 21 Feb. 2013
M HALL (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Another great product from this amazon range, I really like this one for my iPod touch 4G. It offers good protection and covers front and back and is easy to flick open to view the screen, the stitching is very high quality and the silver embossed logo on the front gives it a classy touch, no pun intended.

No gripes with the protection and I'm glad it has a hole for the camera but my one bug bear is that the mechanism for the belt clip doesn't actually detach from the case itself so if you don't use the clip you've still got the nut protruding a few cms, rather annoying and I found this was the cause of a lot of pain in tight jeans in let's just say sensitive areas! Cracking case otherwise, very pleased hence 5 star rating.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›