on 17 March 2014
dont buy this piece off rubbish broke first time used it not worth sending back be warned people pin snapped
on 26 June 2015
As some of the reviews have said the extractor pin snapped on first use, however I was naive and thought that they must had done something wrong, However on first use the extractor pin snapped it was lined up perfectly with the rivet, but it just snapped in half :/ and my mind went straight to the negative reviews about this, why didn't I just listen. it didn't even move the chain pin in the slightest, I never used a lot of force, it's very cheap, and it just snapped right away, I would avoid buying this brand again and advice others to avoid this too
on 21 April 2014
cheaply made you can get the same but cheaper on ebay aswell il have to do this as the thing broke as i took my chain off!
on 18 April 2014
I tried fixing my chain and the pin snapped straight away so it's not good at all, dont buy this product..
on 11 May 2016
Do't bother! It fell apart before eve getting one chain removed! The pin inside just bends and snaps. We bought one for around the ten quid range and it's been great used it 3 times already for our bicycles. Pay a little more.
on 29 October 2015
I managed to remove and replace my chain in the end but I needed to persevere. The pin on the twisty bit had a tendency to veer off to the side and slip off the face of the rivet it was trying to force through. Got there in the end
on 10 June 2016
I had some trepidation purchasing this item due to some of the bad reviews, I even had a change of heart after purchasing and tried to cancel the order, it was too late and Amazon sent it anyway. It arrived and I needed a bike chain fixed, do I send it back and order another chain tool or use the badly reviewed tool? I ended up using it and found it worked very well! I took my time with it, making sure the chain was secure in the tool and made sure the needle/pin part of tool was centred on the new chain pin (I had to shorten the new chain)...and out it came. And replacing the pin to close the chain was just as easy. I have no regrets at purchasing or recommending this tool nor recommending the seller.
on 3 June 2016
This chain link remover is poorly made. Even for the price you would of thought that it wod be a bit better in the quality department but it's not. The whole point of a chain link remover is to remove a link or links but this does fall short due to the winder mechanisms and push pin not being centred very well. So when you wind the pin into the chain link it's always off Centre and this bends the outer link and not pushing the chain pin through properly. It's a real pain if you have a nice chain that you do not want to wreck. I will be speaking to the seller.
on 12 April 2014
I was *almost* tempted to go and spend £26.99 at Halfords for a pin remover until I looked on Amazon. There are loads available but at the price I opted for this one. It's heavily constructed, very sturdy and full adjustable. Had the old chain off and new one on in a matter of a couple of minutes. Does the job perfectly, old pin out no problem, new pin pressed in no problem either. There's no instructions but I think it's fairly obvious how to use the tool. Was certainly a lot easier than my old fashioned way of trying to use a centre-punch and a hammer!
on 9 July 2015
Despite other people saying it didn't work for them and snapped, I've used it a few times and it works perfect, hasn't snapped, you just need to be very careful with this tool and it'll work, I suppose too many "men" got violent with this tool, didn't line it up correctly and ended up snapping it, easy to do really as the pin is very small and due to the cheap price isn't exactly made from steel or something more durable.

Saying that, line it up slowly and correctly and it'll work wonders for you.