Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 31 January 2012
After being a little furious that this wasnt actually included with the radio (a security sticker had been placed over the box where it was mentioned) I decided I would need this battery pack as I wanted the radio for my bathroom. Surprised it cost what it did (Amazon was the cheapest)but am really glad I went for it! After initial charge up it lasted well (a good three weeks of about an hours use per day)and quite quick to recharge again (have only had to do this once so far).
Much better than having to keep forking out for normal batteries!
on 22 January 2012
Bought one of these for my Pure One DAB radio in the spring as we use it while camping where there is no power, works a treat as we charge it before we leave home and then have radio all weekend . Six months later and still holing its charge perfectly.
on 1 May 2013
Bought it. Received it. Fitted it. It works. GREAT.
I don't know why I have to write more words than that.
on 18 March 2012
The charge pk arrived very quickly and also arrived partly charged, using the radio for a few weeks it came to charging time, sad like one of the other reviews says it fails to charge, worth checking when it arrives :(, shame it will have to be returned, hopefully just got a faulty one. ADDITIONAL.New unit arrived the other day, can't fault the supplier company of these as a replacement arrived very quickly with a returns bag, new unit works fine, the battery bar now does something :), wish all companies were this helpful
on 26 September 2013
Pure products are undoubtedly great quality but it really annoys me that Pure generally don't supply the battery with their units or at least give the option to buy a unit/battery kit at a slightly discounted price.

Anyway, they don't so to have a genuinely portable product you need to buy a charge pak and I believe this seller offers the cheapest available.

Firstly, it arrived quickly and came in a jiffy bag and the battery itself was boxed (mine didn't come with any instructions but it doesn't really need any). I dropped it in the radio and the battery level meter indicated 3 bars of charge immediately and the radio fired up - a good start.

I'd read that a couple of customers had had issues with their units not charging so I tried mine and all was well. After the charging had completed (not sure how long that took) I used the radio on battery only for a few days and noted how long the battery lasted until it was exhausted. So far it's lasted 11 hours. The battery level indicator has no bars left and is flashing to tell me it needs charging but the radio is still operating normally and has done in for at least 30 mins.

I think I read somewhere that the original Pure charge pak lasts upto 18 hours. As its twice the price of this unit but doesn't last twice as long this works out to be good value.

I'll keep an eye on how it performs long term and report any issue should they occur.

So far though, very much recommended.
on 23 November 2012
Fitted this to radio very easily; it was already partially charged (3 bars), so I knew immediately it worked. Left it to charge for 18 hours and it seems to power the radio very satisfactorily. So far I've only used it for about an hour on battery, but it worked very well. Whether it will prove as durable (after repeated charging cycles) as an official 'Pure' battery, which is considerably more expensive even taking into account delivery is 'free' for it, only time will tell, but so far it seems pretty good and I am very satisfied.
on 6 May 2014
When purchasing the Pure PAK a1 radio I was unaware that a special shape battery was required. This radio does not work with a standard battery and this should be considered when deciding whether this radio is value for money when considereding purchase. Battery is rechargable and does what it says on the tin!!
on 25 June 2012
Was a bit unsure that a non-branded battery would be up to the job, but this seems to be working fine. Delivery was very quick.
on 10 July 2014
Silly me thinking I would save a few quid on this, charged it up, went to work, turned the radio on and it worked for about 30 seconds then turned off, display was still showing so opened up the back took it out and put it back in again (battery doesn't sit properly) played again for a few mins then goes off and comes back on again, thought what a load of rubbish, had to use my old radio, then it turns back on again wtf, so ordered the proper Pure one and works a treat, save your money by spending more on the proper one (if you know what I mean )
on 22 April 2013
very pleased with the battery I can charge it wile listening to my radio then I can take it in garden