Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 June 2011
I love the sound of the guitar. Being a Spaniard from Andalucía, perhaps it should be expected. But my passion has always been opera and baroque music and I think what I find so appealing in that instrument is the way it seems to convey more obviously tan others the raw emotions of the player. It is more accessible and to my ears its sound more earthy and sensual. Of course I have admired the sublime art of Andrés Segovia and the mastery of Narciso Yepes and -in a more popular vein- Paco de Lucía. So I approached the debut album of Milos Karadaglic with curiosity and a bit of reservation. Could this handsome young newcomer bring something that I couldn't find in the old masters? Did I need another only guitar CD? Well, the answer to both questions is yes. His chosen repertory is mainly Spanish and well recorded many times over.But I find his playing both fresh and stunning. The sound he extracts from those strings are truly mind-blowing. But he is more than a mere virtuoso. His passion for the instrument since childhood seems to have created a relationship with the instrument close to lovemaking and he gives all of himself, body and soul, to each piece, although I find the first track (Asturias) particularly moving. This is an extraordinary debut album. The half an hour little documentary on the DVD is quite interesting too, giving fine close-ups of his playing.

Note that this is just the US release, titled "Mediterráneo" instead of "The Guitar", of the European release, at a much higher price.
on 8 December 2013
Good repertoire choices all played well.
This young man is being overhyped by his record company.
I heard him live and he's getting better and better but not yet living up to the hype but definitely en route to being a world class guitarist IF the improvements continue.
on 25 March 2013
this is exactly the same CD as The Guitar,dont be caught out like I was and the same thing happened with Latino and Pasion
on 2 June 2015
well recorded and excellent CD
on 13 August 2012
If you like listening to classical guitar music this is the must have for your collection.
If you do not usually listen to classical guitar music , listen to this album and I am sure you will agree it is not to be missed.
on 19 June 2016
just i expected
on 1 August 2013
Really Great Introduction to The Classics-I seem to remember the DVD being rather good-will have to watch it again soon.
on 28 December 2013
this was a great purchase, I was delighted about the delivery of this CD and hope that next purchase will be the same
on 25 December 2012
more please Milos a music that is neglected in the main stream of todays choice in music for relaxation and pleasure
on 15 October 2012
A fantastic way to be taken to the delights of Spain and its music played with a new,exciting player of excellence.