4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent debut album with some oustanding versions of traditional folk songs.
This is a brilliantly recorded debut album with a high-quality content. Laura's voice, particularly in its lower registers, is particularly well suited to the traditional folk genre and her diction is perfect, allowing the words to be heard with clarity. Some of the arrangements, particularly towards the end of certain songs, force her voice into the upper registers for...
Published on 12 Aug 2011 by Christine M. Pluck

2.0 out of 5 stars A weak debut
I absolutely loved Laura in All Angels - she was my favourite vocalist of the group (though they're all fantastic) and whilst I was saddened when I heard she was leaving the group, I was cheered up immensely after learning she had signed a solo record deal. To be fair, if I see an album full of typical well-known and over recorded songs, I know that I'm not expecting...
Published on 31 July 2011 by Nicola Jarvis

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe the last rose but surely the best, 27 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
The review title says it all!
This girl has a beautifully clear voice which is ideal for these traditional folk songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Rose, 23 Aug 2011
A. J. Rogers (Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for my husband as it is more his type of music than mine usually, but I did enjoy this and such a beautiful voice, ready for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
Pure, beautiful, perfect pitch, crystal clear... think that sums it up. Refreshingly simple arrangements, with a young Soprano voice, (She's one to watch) mark my words..
Just lovely, well done Laura wright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 31 July 2011
G. Didham "Tiffany Didham" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
I am in love with this album, it is beautifully sung and the choice of songs are wonderful. I am very pleased I bought this and i hope other people will have the same enjoyment I received from it! Well done laura your debut album is very special and i can't wait to see you in concert!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but short measure, 23 Sep 2011
L Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
The heavy promotion on ClassicFM and delightfully melodious quality of Laura Wright's voice both attracted my attention - "songs you have known all your life" was an appealing concept, though as it turned out 2 or 3 were unknown to me. I am not disappointed by the quality of the CD or by any of the tracks she has selected. BUT 48 minutes for a debut CD (you will not find this mentioned anywhere on the CD materials) is taking advantage of a public willing to support a launching artist. It could and should have contained more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the year., 15 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
When I heard a couple of tracks from this album I just had to go out and buy it, I was not disappointed, Laura has one of the most wonderful voices I have ever heard, all 12 tracks have that magical sound and feel about them. I keep playing the CD in my car everyday, this has to be the number one album of 2011.Laura U should be very proud of what U have achieved well done and every success in your career.

5.0 out of 5 stars a woberful memory, 13 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
This collection of traditional songs was delightful. At first I thought Laura Wright's voice was immature, but at the same setting as Kathleen Ferrier's it proved to be as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Sep 2011
F. Doyle - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
A terrific CD. I hope she will record some more songs from her grandmother's song book. Some of the less favourable reviews of the record are, to my mind, written by amateur critics who are more interested in their own written verbosity than giving credit to a superb record. Bring on the next recording.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Last Rose, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
I was very pleased to receive the CD so promptly and have since played it many times, enjoying the selection of music as well as Laura Wright's voice.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best of British, 1 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
A very pleasant and gentle album. Best served up in the warm garden sunshine accompanied by a nice glass of chilled rosé.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

The Last Rose
The Last Rose by Laura Wright (Audio CD - 2011)