Customer Reviews

219
3.6 out of 5 stars
10 Baby Children Mains Socket Saftey Plug In Covers
Package Quantity: 1Colour: AChange
Price:£1.20+Free shipping
Your rating(Clear)Rate this item


There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.

212 of 217 people found the following review helpful
on 26 February 2013
I am an electrician and am persuaded by the content of:
fatallyflawed.org.uk (that's: fatallyflawedDOTorgDOTuk)
And I'm far from the only electrician to think this:
electriciansforums.co.uk/electrical-forum-general-electrical-forum/56709-reminder-everyone-fatallyflawed-child-plug-socket-covers-campaign.html
But congratulations for checking the reviews so as to get as far as this type of repeated content.
The only problem is that most buyers will only get as far as to note the product's average star rating , and for this reason I'd ask you to consider adding your own review.
Here's some cut and paste food for thought.
Do not reinsert any of these unsafe covers which you may have in use.
Socket Covers should NOT be inserted into sockets - they are dangerous!
British 13 Amp sockets have built in automatic shutters to protect against children poking things in.
First introduced 65 years ago, they are considered the safest in the world and do not require external covers.
No responsible national body recommends using socket covers.
(That includes the UK Government, RoSPA, Ofsted, Child Accident Prevention Trust and Electrical Safety Council.)
Sockets are made to accept plugs which meet very exact requirements.
Anything which is not made to the same dimensions as required for plugs may cause permanent damage.
No socket covers which meet the correct dimensions are available!
Socket covers introduce a variety of dangers; they make sockets less safe, not more.
Credit to Amazon, however, for publishing this review. They provide lots of other good stuff. Go buy something less deadly
leweselectrical.co.uk
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
51 of 52 people found the following review helpful
on 8 June 2012
These devices are ill thought-out and negatively safe. UK standard sockets have built-in shields for the live terminals operated by the earth pin. All that devices like this do is provide a handy tool for the children to use to open the shutters.

Save your money, and throw away any you already have,
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
30 of 31 people found the following review helpful
on 22 October 2010
These provide your child with a tool to overcome the safety features built into UK sockets. Put simply, your child is safer without. Read the fatally flawed web site for more info.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
on 22 October 2010
It does fit into socket outlets with no problem, in fact too easily. The problem is that it's loose and very easy to take out by any child. I will replace them by something safer.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
16 of 17 people found the following review helpful
on 25 January 2011
To begin with these appeared perfect, they fit nicely and are easily removed when the plug is in use. However, my 11 month old can remove them just as easily with her nimble little fingers. It takes her 3 seconds flat. Waste of money.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
23 of 25 people found the following review helpful
on 25 June 2011
Please look at the fatally flawed website which explains why socket covers are not just useless but really dangerous for our kids in the UK. Please check it!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
on 9 March 2015
As a safety device this has to perform one function - prevent a child's access to a plug socket.

It fails in this task, and due to the way it is (badly) manufactured ends up providing more of a challenge to an inquisitive 14-month old to tear the thing off the wall. It consists of a cheap plastic moulded plug front, but given that these things are churned out in the millions I imagine little care has been taken to ensure they harden correctly. This results in the cover bending outwards, meaning that when the plug is in place there is a nice fat lip at the bottom that my toddler just loves to tug on.

In short this has resulted in my son being more intrigued with plug sockets that he was before - they will be going straight back.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
on 11 March 2015
Pins snap off not only in the socket but I just dropped one (on carpet) and a pin snapped clean off! So I tried to snap the rest off myself and they easily came off with little effort...Not great if you have little ones crawling around, perfect size choking hazard! Having read other reviews I will be removing all the plug covers full stop but if I was to buy this type of product then it wouldn't be these, get what you pay for really, lesson learned!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
9 of 11 people found the following review helpful
on 6 May 2014
I have not purchased these. Nor would I EVER purchase any socket cover. UK sockets have built in safety features that stop children from being able to insert fingers or other items that would cause them danger. Socket covers help bypass all of these safety features, impair the function of the socket and are effectively more dangerous, potentially lethal. The metal pins on British plugs have to meet tight safety requirements to be passed for use. Socket cover manufacture is unregulated and NONE have been approved for use in British BS rated sockets. No responsible national body recommends using socket covers. (Including the UK Government, RoSPA, Ofsted, Child Accident Prevention Trust and Electrical Safety Council) furthermore no socket manufacturer, engineer, electrician or the like would ever advise using them. Covers sold by Amazon, IKEA, Mothercare, Clippasafe, Boots, and John Lewis are so badly designed that they allow objects to be inserted into the live connection! This is what they claim to prevent, and yet the opposite is true! It is shameful that despite the inherent dangers profits are put before people and they continue to be sold. Despite good intentions, many people's understanding about socket covers is misguided and many expected dangers are actually myths. Search online for Fatally Flawed for further consumer info (fatallyflawed.org.uk)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
Completely dangerous product; plug sockets are already inherently safe. They were designed that way many, many years ago. The live and neutral holes are completely protected by a stiff internal plastic cover which only moves when the earth hole is filled by a plug (check on any plug, you'll see the earth peg is longer than the live and neutral pegs). When you push one of these so-called socket protectors into the socket, you are fully exposing the live and neutral pathways inside the socket. How is that supposed to be protecting any child? Why is amazon selling this dangerous and completely illogical product and why on earth are all these reviewers voting this product up so much? Have they got shares in the things? I work in children's centres and nurseries a great deal and every time I go in, I tell staff to get rid (after a very lengthy explanation). I suppose we have to do the usual thing and await a child's electrocution by one of these things and then suddenly the health and safety executive will get off its posterior and remove the things from sale.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse

Questions? Get fast answers from reviewers

Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
See one answered question


Send us feedback

How can we make Amazon Customer Reviews better for you?
Let us know here.

Sponsored Links

  (What is this?)
  -  
Lowest price on generators Guaranteed. Visit us today