4,260 Reviews
 (3,284)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Amie C

1.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed Delivery?
Purchased a gift card on 12th Sep for my mums birthday on 13th Sep. Took comfort from the 'one day delivery' which was supposedly guaranteed.

Published 22 months ago by Lewis Duffy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 18 Oct 2011

However, I came onto Amazon and saw the gift card link and was happy to see there is a Kindle gift card design. Ordered a 20 gift card on a Sunday and received it by Tuesday, so service was excellent.

The gift card design itself is very nice and the package comes with an enveloped and a card to write a message.

After the gift card is received its also very simple to input it into Amazon and actually use it.

Would definitely recommend for Kindle users and for birthday's, it is an excellent and speedy service and I cannot fault it at all.

The only thing I hope for is that Amazon add a few more gift card amount options, for example 15, 25 etc.

5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift card, 20 Dec 2013
Not sure how you rate a gift card, is what it is. Tremendous delivery speed & ideal when you don't know what to buy someone - can't go wrong with Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 3 Oct 2011
Gift card came day after ordering - thought service was excellent and just as promised. I was extremely happy with design and look of product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time saver, 17 Nov 2012
Arrived on time, packaged well,ideal present for some; didn't want to give my relative the money in cash, as he would of drank it. The only thing i am weary of is that you have to use them within 90 days, this is blatant opportunism in Amazon's part in my opinion. There is no reason i can think of that would make a piece of plastic with a code on it expire after 90 days...other than Amazon setting an arbitrary time limit and hoping the card is not used by then, win win situation for them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle voucher, 22 Oct 2011
Bought a Kindle for my hubbie and as an add on got him the voucher to start him off for his first books, so easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wider shopping experience for the receiver, 22 Sep 2011
N. Vaughan (Hereford, England, UK.) - See all my reviews
This is my first gift card I have purchased and it went really well. I was due to buy a birthday present for my sister but just couldn't think of anything she could make real use of.

So instead I opted to buy her an Amazon gift voucher with the added bonus of a card. Unlike your run of the mill high street gift voucher, the Amazon gift card provides a massive choice of products ranging from virtually anything, without the restriction of high street products.

Simply place the long string of code on the back of the gift card (that looks like a credit card) at the checkout on Amazon and you'll get credited for the amount you paid on the card. Whatever value you've added on the card, you won't be charged a penny more. You will also get your gift card sent to you with free delivery.

The gift card is stuck in a birthday style card so you only need to write a message in the card and on the white envelope the card comes in.

If you've run out of ideas for a gift then let them buy something they really want with an Amazon Gift Card. This will be my choice from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars gift cert was perfect, 22 Oct 2011
While living in the US for now, I sent an Amazon co.uk gift cert to my granddaughter in Wales and used their overnight delivery option. It worked perfectly: it was delivered the next day and they even put it through the door's mail slot when no one was home to sign!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and accurate, 28 Sep 2011
R. Hibben "Knight365" (West Wales UK) - See all my reviews
I was most impressed with the ease of ordering this item. The speed with which my order was processed and shipped was indeed excellent. I had left ordering a little late for a birthday this week, but I need not have worried. Thank you Amazon!

Regards

Roger Hibben

4.0 out of 5 stars No Message on Gift Card, 27 Sep 2011
The gift card arrived next day, very pleased, but the card had no message on it which is disappointing when time has been taken to type one, if I had sent it direct the recipient wouldn't have had a clue who it was from.

1.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed Delivery?, 13 Sep 2012

I received an order confirmation email at 16.26 stating "Guaranteed delivery date: 13 Sep 2012". Another email arrived at 22.35 saying the order had dispatched. It also stated "Dispatched via DPD (guaranteed delivery date : Thursday, September 13, 2012)".

This was followed shortly after by an email from DPD stating "Your order from Amazon will be delivered 13 September by DPD". It also said "You can track your order at any time by clicking below. From the morning of 13 September you will also be able to view your one hour delivery timeslot by clicking below."

So far, so good.

On the morning of 13th Sep, I checked the DPD link. Unfortunately, its stated the item was still waiting to be received by them. It stayed like this the whole day.

I emailed Amazon and was told that the gift card had actually been handed to the wrong courier company but that this 'other' company would deliver as soon as possible.

On the morning of 14th Sep, I received another email from DPD stating the order would be delivered today between 11.51 and 12.51. Against expectations, this turned out true as it was delivered at 12.20.

So, a few questions for Amazon. What happened to the guaranteed delivery on 13th Sep? Did the order go to the wrong courier company as stated? If so, how come the original courier company delivered it (albeit a day late)?

Finally, under the terms of the 'One day delivery' it states:

"If your package does not arrive by the guaranteed delivery date, due to errors by us or our Carrier, we will compensate you. Please contact customer service with your order details."

I have duly contacted customer services but have yet to receive a reply.

In summary, judging by the number of reviews complaining of late delivery, do not rely on Amazon delivering your gift card on time.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - 25 (Kindle)
25.00