6,066 Reviews
 (4,780)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Amie C

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Parcel Force
Published 7 months ago by Ali B

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 18 Oct 2011

However, I came onto Amazon and saw the gift card link and was happy to see there is a Kindle gift card design. Ordered a £20 gift card on a Sunday and received it by Tuesday, so service was excellent.

The gift card design itself is very nice and the package comes with an enveloped and a card to write a message.

After the gift card is received its also very simple to input it into Amazon and actually use it.

Would definitely recommend for Kindle users and for birthday's, it is an excellent and speedy service and I cannot fault it at all.

The only thing I hope for is that Amazon add a few more gift card amount options, for example £15, £25 etc.

5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Parcel Force, 11 May 2014
The product is absolutely what you would expect, a gift card, but I chose to have the next day delivery as this was a present. I simply thought there would be no issue with being out when it was delivered as it is low value and fits in a letter box, but because next day delivery is delivered by parcel force they insisted on taking it to the nearest post office as I was out. When I collected it from the post office they could not understand why as it is not a 'signed for' item. Therefore if you are not going to be at home all the next day I would not recommend choosing next day delivery, simply stick to the normal royal mail delivery.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT TRUST AMAZON'S ONE DAY DELIVERY PROMISE., 23 Sep 2014
Do not trust Amazon to deliver a birthday card/ gift card on time for someone's birthday.

I ordered one on Thursday for someone's birthday on the following Saturday. I asked for one-day delivery and received an email later on Thursday to say the card had been dispatched.

I assumed that the card had been delivered until I received an email on Tuesday (three days after the birthday) saying it was "being delivered today". There was no apology for the delay and the email was worded as though it was being delivered to my address. When I went to track the order, I found that it had been delivered to the wrong depot on Friday but Amazon had not informed me of this at the time. If they had, I could have made other arrangements (i.e. posting a card myself).

I rang Amazon but all they could suggest was I cancel the order. I explained that it was too late to do that and I made clear my dissatisfaction with their "service".The person I spoke made the usual profound apologies and said they would address these issues.

Incredibly, I then received an email from them timed at 19.02 informing me that they had "tried but failed to deliver my order today".
I rang them and the person I spoke to said it could not be posted through the letterbox at the recipient's address because "no one was in to give them permission"(sic), I explained that nowhere on their Gift Card page was it explained that someone had to be in to take delivery and also pointed out the difficulty of ensuring this when delivery was to a third party. All they could do was to apologise again.

To add insult to injury, when I looked again at the tracking information, I found that they were now claiming that the delivery had been rescheduled for later in the week "at the sender's request!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wider shopping experience for the receiver, 22 Sep 2011
N. Vaughan (Hereford, England, UK.) - See all my reviews
This is my first gift card I have purchased and it went really well. I was due to buy a birthday present for my sister but just couldn't think of anything she could make real use of.

So instead I opted to buy her an Amazon gift voucher with the added bonus of a card. Unlike your run of the mill high street gift voucher, the Amazon gift card provides a massive choice of products ranging from virtually anything, without the restriction of high street products.

Simply place the long string of code on the back of the gift card (that looks like a credit card) at the checkout on Amazon and you'll get credited for the amount you paid on the card. Whatever value you've added on the card, you won't be charged a penny more. You will also get your gift card sent to you with free delivery.

The gift card is stuck in a birthday style card so you only need to write a message in the card and on the white envelope the card comes in.

If you've run out of ideas for a gift then let them buy something they really want with an Amazon Gift Card. This will be my choice from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 3 Oct 2011
Gift card came day after ordering - thought service was excellent and just as promised. I was extremely happy with design and look of product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, don't print message!, 3 Dec 2011
Received the item in one day which is amazing, the quality of the card is good, and the design is great. I chose the option of having a personalised message written in each card. Didn't come with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Note, 1 Dec 2011
This was quickly delivered today from yesterday, however I had to stay in the house all day just to wait for this delivery as it needed a "signature".
I was told the latest they will be delivered would be at 3pm.
I did not hear a knock until I found this parcel through my letterbox and checked with the tracking site to see how long ago this was delivered (just before 3pm).
What a waste of my day!
Opened the parcel up to get the card out and see what and how they wrote the Gift Note in, as I've requested for one.
I was disappointed with this as I was expected the note to be written inside the gift card, not on some piece of paper on a packing slip outside the envelope with a card and gift voucher inside!

Don't bother writing a Gift Note for this or any Gift cards on here - just order it as everything else is fine - then you can write a note yourself in a card.
It would be better if they mentioned where they are going to put the note in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to review when it failed to arrive!, 10 Jan 2014
Impossible to review because this gift card failed to arrive. Despite numerous telephone conversations with several different customer service agents & false promises of re-issued gift cards that STILL failed to arrive. Then finally an email saying they were unable to deliver!!!
Appalling customer service, ill trained staff & 'couldn't care less' attitudes. If I could have scored this no stars I would have. Shame on you Amazon, you couldn't have cared less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, amazing quality!, 9 Dec 2014
Wow! I ordered this £20 card without being sure it would be compatible with my Amazon account. Boy, what a pleasant surprise! Not only did the card arrive perfectly packaged in a tasteful Amazon envelope, but the quality and attention to detail is phenomenal, and it all worked flawlessly out of the box!

The card itself is made from high quality cardboard with a perfectly printed festive picture. The size is perfect for opening by hand, and the card is very easy to set up and stand on any level surface where there's enough space - I found that it's perfectly compatible with my kitchen window ledge.

Once mounted, the card will happily sit there and lighten your day every time you look at it. It's extremely quiet - I doubt you'll hear it operating at all - and it doesn't need any external power supplies to operate properly - how do they do that?!

Additionally, inside the card there is a credit-card sized, equally well fashioned piece of plastic. It is perfectly manufactured, and the attention to detail is something to behold. The plastic is nice and light, and it will fit perfectly in the palm of your hand. I'm still amazed that they managed to squeeze so much into such a small device!

The plastic has a silvered panel that hides the all important activation code for the gift part of the card, and it is very easy to scrape away to reveal the code underneath (handy tip: as the plastic card is fully waterproof (to 30+ meters) you can safely scrape the silver panel off under a running tap to wash away the silvering, otherwise you may have a small, silvery mess to clear up afterwards - this is my only gripe with the otherwise fantastic product).

Once the code is revealed, it's a very simple task of entering the details into your Amazon account. It can be a bit tricky to perform, especially if you're dyslexic, as the code is quite long - if needed, it may help to get assistance entering the code. I do wonder if the complicated code would be better placed with something a bit more 'human friendly' like a word or phrase - maybe something like "Amazon Twenty Quid" would make life easier, but, hey, nothing's perfect! :-)

Then the fun part - you should find that you now have £20 on your Amazon account you can spend on almost anything! Yes! Imagine that! Twenty whole pounds - for free! Amazing!

Cost - £20, and you get £20 to spend = outstanding value for such a well built quality product. How they can make any money from this, goodness knows. I, for one, will be more than happy to purchase more gift cards in the future!

Highly recommended! Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift card, 20 Dec 2013
Not sure how you rate a gift card, is what it is. Tremendous delivery speed & ideal when you don't know what to buy someone - can't go wrong with Amazon

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £30 (Christmas Tree)