4,561 Reviews
 (3,529)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Amie C

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Parcel Force
The product is absolutely what you would expect, a gift card, but I chose to have the next day delivery as this was a present. I simply thought there would be no issue with being out when it was delivered as it is low value and fits in a letter box, but because next day delivery is delivered by parcel force they insisted on taking it to the nearest post office as I was...
Published 3 months ago by Ali B

5.0 out of 5 stars Wider shopping experience for the receiver, 22 Sep 2011
N. Vaughan (Hereford, England, UK.) - See all my reviews
This is my first gift card I have purchased and it went really well. I was due to buy a birthday present for my sister but just couldn't think of anything she could make real use of.

So instead I opted to buy her an Amazon gift voucher with the added bonus of a card. Unlike your run of the mill high street gift voucher, the Amazon gift card provides a massive choice of products ranging from virtually anything, without the restriction of high street products.

Simply place the long string of code on the back of the gift card (that looks like a credit card) at the checkout on Amazon and you'll get credited for the amount you paid on the card. Whatever value you've added on the card, you won't be charged a penny more. You will also get your gift card sent to you with free delivery.

The gift card is stuck in a birthday style card so you only need to write a message in the card and on the white envelope the card comes in.

If you've run out of ideas for a gift then let them buy something they really want with an Amazon Gift Card. This will be my choice from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars The one year expiry sucks, its just unfair!, 11 Jan 2014
It unfair that someone gives this as a gift and the recipient only has one year to spend it, i just tried to use a gift card, as it was a present from a friend, who only gave it to me recently as a wedding gift, as we live abroad and she did not have our address, so she kept it until she met up with us in person, but the year has just expired, so now her 50 pounds gift to us has just gone straight into the amazon pockets, it feels like Amazon stole her money, Amazon makes so much profit already, why do you feel the need to steal from your customers? If i could, I would even consider legal proceedings, as its an unfair rule...Amazon, I am a loyal customer, but I expect more from you than this stupid policy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Note, 1 Dec 2011
This was quickly delivered today from yesterday, however I had to stay in the house all day just to wait for this delivery as it needed a "signature".
I was told the latest they will be delivered would be at 3pm.
I did not hear a knock until I found this parcel through my letterbox and checked with the tracking site to see how long ago this was delivered (just before 3pm).
What a waste of my day!
Opened the parcel up to get the card out and see what and how they wrote the Gift Note in, as I've requested for one.
I was disappointed with this as I was expected the note to be written inside the gift card, not on some piece of paper on a packing slip outside the envelope with a card and gift voucher inside!

Don't bother writing a Gift Note for this or any Gift cards on here - just order it as everything else is fine - then you can write a note yourself in a card.
It would be better if they mentioned where they are going to put the note in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived very quickly although no personal message!, 22 Nov 2011
I have to agree with some of the other feedback on this product but disagree with others.

I read the reviews saying it took a while to arrive however i wanted it for Christmas so wasn't to bothered about a slight delay but was pleasantly surprised when it came the next day.

I also read the reviews about being charged postage and was very careful at checkout to select the right postage option as the default was not the one that gave you free postage and luckily i was not charged a penny for postage.

I have bought give vouchers before and usually use the e-mail option but i much prefer this. The Chirstmas card is lovely and although the personal message wasn't there you ahve a lovely card in which to write your own personal message.

I think this is great and a lot better looking than the e-mail and you get a free card to present to the person of your choice.

The reason it didn't get 5 starts was because of the personal message, why advertise it when it's not there. I think this function should just be removed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, don't print message!, 3 Dec 2011
Received the item in one day which is amazing, the quality of the card is good, and the design is great. I chose the option of having a personalised message written in each card. Didn't come with that.

2.0 out of 5 stars It IS a card. But message is separate or not even printed on invoice., 7 Dec 2011
A. J. Sturgess "Alan Sturgess" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I'm RE-editing an earlier review and knocking off ANOTHER star because the same problem that I referred to before is still present ...

Some reviews suggest that these gift cards weren't actually cards - well, the ones that I have ordered DID come as folded cards with the plastic card inside detailing the amount of the gift and also showing the code reference need to redeem them.

The private messages, however, were printed onto the invoice/receipt and are NOT printed onto the card. The result is tatty AND any formatting (such as if you write a verse) is ignored and you just get a block of text. The Amazon description should make it REALLY clear that messages are NOT printed onto the cards and that any formatting you use will be trashed. The current Amazon approach is sloppy and cheapskate. The least they could do is to retain formatting and to print the message in a box with a simple decorate border so that when cut out it looks better and more professional.

I have no complaints about the cards themselves. They're good quality and they arrive quickly. But any future voucher cards that I order will probably cause me to think again about the star rating if this weakness isn't addressed and solved.

Thus far I have started with 4; Then it was a '3'.

UPDATE - Now I'm down to 2 stars.
Unless Amazon actually print messages onto cards, my future reviews will be re-rated as 1 star. (This last time, I didn't even get a paper printout of the message I wrote!)

Come on Amazon, get your act together and produce a voucher that's got some quality --- or at least describe it more accurately and completely. Either do the job properly or don't even suggest the idea.

(Not that anyone in their offices will give a s--t. All they want is the money.)

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal present for that person who is hard to buy for, 10 Dec 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Trying to purchase a gift for one particular friend is always more of a headache than a pleasure. She is one of those people who seems to already have everything that I could possibly think of buying for her. She is also very particular and despite putting on a great show of being pleased I always end up cringing just a little as I realise I have gotten it wrong yet again.

Like myself, my friend buys so many of her things from Amazon so I decided to take what some might see as the `easy option' and buy her an Amazon gift voucher. That way I can't get it wrong and she can buy exactly what it is that she wants.

I chose the gold Amazon boxes card as it looked very Christmassy and the image reminded me of presents exploding from a box. There are a range of other designs that you can choose from, all look equally as nice.

It is easy to choose the value of money that you wish to spend with the following values currently available: 10, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100 and 500.
When you get to the checkout you can indicate that this is to be a gift and it gives you the option to write in your own personal message.

The card and envelope were sealed into an outer envelope which had a perforated seal and the Amazon logo in the top right-hand corner. You can give it just like this but I wanted to check that everything inside was ok. On opening the envelope there was the gift card I had chosen and a white envelope to be used with the card. On opening the card both of the inside faces were left blank with plenty of room for you to hand write your own personal message.

The gift voucher itself was stuck to the inside of the card with that clear non tacky glue which makes it easy to remove without damaging the actual card itself. The voucher is credit card in size, plain black with a large white a and the gold Amazon smiley arrow underneath. The value of the voucher is printed in the top left-hand corner so the recipient can instantly see the value. There is a small typed note underneath which says `see reverse for redemption instructions'.

On the back of the card there are very clear step-by-step instructions telling the recipient how to redeem their voucher. After having received one of these for my birthday the process is very straightforward and I didn't experience any problem claiming the value of the voucher.

The only thing that I was disappointed with was the personalised note that I had written on ordering the voucher. I thought it might be printed inside the card or come on a nice piece of card so that I could pop it in with the actual gift voucher. Instead it was loose inside the packing envelope with the packing slip and some money off vouchers, I missed it the first time. It was printed on a piece of flimsy paper - the same as the packing slip. The Amazon logo was double the size of my message and dominated it. The message itself looked nothing special and I don't think I'm going to bother including it with the actual card. Instead I will handwrite my own greeting. A nice idea from Amazon but it was a disappointment.

Overall, I think these gift vouchers are an ideal present for anyone who loves buying goods from Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars put a message in it saying happy birthday Barney love from, 31 July 2014
Seemed to be no option to customise this card so it went to my nephew with no message or anything as to who had sent it to him!! I bought it thinking I'd get the option to customise it (i.e. put a message in it saying happy birthday Barney love from...so and so) nbut nothing came up, by which time money was already paid and order placed. Not good customer service, and I won't buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars No 15 option !!!, 13 Dec 2011
I have sent 15 gift vouchers to my nephews for the past few years - I am sure this is a popular amount. If I spend more here, then I need to spend more on all my nieces and nephews...which would really add up. It is not as nice a present if I print it out myself.
Can Amazon consider adding this amount?
I keep looking as I have a feeling 25 wasnt there before and is now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time and was very well received, 25 May 2014
Mr. A. J. Clarke "Fatpie42" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Very good service. There's nothing more to say. Very happy with the service. Thanks so much for the good work Amazon.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - 10 (Birthday Balloons)
10.00