8,881 Reviews
 (7,199)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct. 2011 by Amie C

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Parcel Force
The product is absolutely what you would expect, a gift card, but I chose to have the next day delivery as this was a present. I simply thought there would be no issue with being out when it was delivered as it is low value and fits in a letter box, but because next day delivery is delivered by parcel force they insisted on taking it to the nearest post office as I was...
Published 12 months ago by Ali B

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift card, 20 Dec. 2013
Not sure how you rate a gift card, is what it is. Tremendous delivery speed & ideal when you don't know what to buy someone - can't go wrong with Amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to review when it failed to arrive!, 10 Jan. 2014
Impossible to review because this gift card failed to arrive. Despite numerous telephone conversations with several different customer service agents & false promises of re-issued gift cards that STILL failed to arrive. Then finally an email saying they were unable to deliver!!!
Appalling customer service, ill trained staff & 'couldn't care less' attitudes. If I could have scored this no stars I would have. Shame on you Amazon, you couldn't have cared less.

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal present for that person who is hard to buy for, 10 Dec. 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Trying to purchase a gift for one particular friend is always more of a headache than a pleasure. She is one of those people who seems to already have everything that I could possibly think of buying for her. She is also very particular and despite putting on a great show of being pleased I always end up cringing just a little as I realise I have gotten it wrong yet again.

Like myself, my friend buys so many of her things from Amazon so I decided to take what some might see as the `easy option' and buy her an Amazon gift voucher. That way I can't get it wrong and she can buy exactly what it is that she wants.

I chose the gold Amazon boxes card as it looked very Christmassy and the image reminded me of presents exploding from a box. There are a range of other designs that you can choose from, all look equally as nice.

It is easy to choose the value of money that you wish to spend with the following values currently available: £10, £20, £25, £30, £50, £100 and £500.
When you get to the checkout you can indicate that this is to be a gift and it gives you the option to write in your own personal message.

The card and envelope were sealed into an outer envelope which had a perforated seal and the Amazon logo in the top right-hand corner. You can give it just like this but I wanted to check that everything inside was ok. On opening the envelope there was the gift card I had chosen and a white envelope to be used with the card. On opening the card both of the inside faces were left blank with plenty of room for you to hand write your own personal message.

The gift voucher itself was stuck to the inside of the card with that clear non tacky glue which makes it easy to remove without damaging the actual card itself. The voucher is credit card in size, plain black with a large white a and the gold Amazon smiley arrow underneath. The value of the voucher is printed in the top left-hand corner so the recipient can instantly see the value. There is a small typed note underneath which says `see reverse for redemption instructions'.

On the back of the card there are very clear step-by-step instructions telling the recipient how to redeem their voucher. After having received one of these for my birthday the process is very straightforward and I didn't experience any problem claiming the value of the voucher.

The only thing that I was disappointed with was the personalised note that I had written on ordering the voucher. I thought it might be printed inside the card or come on a nice piece of card so that I could pop it in with the actual gift voucher. Instead it was loose inside the packing envelope with the packing slip and some money off vouchers, I missed it the first time. It was printed on a piece of flimsy paper - the same as the packing slip. The Amazon logo was double the size of my message and dominated it. The message itself looked nothing special and I don't think I'm going to bother including it with the actual card. Instead I will handwrite my own greeting. A nice idea from Amazon but it was a disappointment.

Overall, I think these gift vouchers are an ideal present for anyone who loves buying goods from Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, don't print message!, 3 Dec. 2011
Received the item in one day which is amazing, the quality of the card is good, and the design is great. I chose the option of having a personalised message written in each card. Didn't come with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a gift card, 29 Dec. 2012
Guy Ross (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
As, apparently, it's not acceptable to give money anymore so the recipient can buy whatever they want from where ever they choose, or save it to reap the benefits of a high interest savings account, or give it to a homeless person, or someone who collects £10 notes. No, I was asked to get an amazon voucher. A mere £10 from my bank account bought me £10 to spend with amazon, so it is certainly value for money. At least it wasn't an itunes voucher this year.

To be fair, it was delivered exceptionally quickly, and was already to be sealed and taped to the other card.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Message on Gift Card, 27 Sept. 2011
The gift card arrived next day, very pleased, but the card had no message on it which is disappointing when time has been taken to type one, if I had sent it direct the recipient wouldn't have had a clue who it was from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Wrong With The Easy Option!, 7 Jan. 2012
I recently purchased an Amazon Gift Card as a stocking filler for a family member. He owns a Kindle, which I'd originally hoped to purchase a book for. As you can't currently select books to send to somebody's Kindle, I thought this was the next best option.

Gift Cards from Amazon must be the most useful gift vouchers around. They can be used towards a huge variety of products, whereas if you buy a voucher from, say, a music or book store, the recipient is limited to the type of product they can spend it on. They also offer you a huge choice of design, which means you can pick the right gift card to suit the occasion and recipient. A selection of card denominations is available, so if you have any idea of something your recipient is hoping to buy, or saving up towards, you can adjust the gift card value to suit that.

Amazon offers its Gift Cards by post, e-mail and print format. I personally chose for it to be posted to me, and for this, Amazon offers one day delivery. Incredibly useful if you need it at the last minute! Mine arrived promptly the next day, which I was impressed by. However, in the future I may choose one of the other options. If you are environmentally conscientious, what could be better than sending it via e-mail? You can choose a delivery date, so there's no worries about it arriving too soon. The print format is also very useful. You simply print out at home, and you have a gift within minutes.
When it arrives by post, you can open up the envelope without any concern; inside will be the gift card and a fresh unsealed envelope, so you can personalise the card with your own message. I personally wouldn't recommend adding your message before delivery, as it doesn't look great and feels rather impersonal.

In summary, this is a great option when you don't have a specific gift in mind for someone. They'll appreciate the freedom to spend it on the product of their own choosing, and you won't need to worry over choosing the wrong thing. There's nothing particularly negative to say about Amazon Gift Cards. I had a great experience when I chose to purchase one as a gift. If I was to say anything, perhaps it would be useful if you were able to choose any value, rather than preset denominations. Otherwise, take the stress out of gift-buying and go for it! Some people say that gift vouchers are impersonal, but I will definitely go for it the next time I'm unsure of what to buy for someone - it's better than wasting your money!

3.0 out of 5 stars One day delivery was 2 days late, 11 Nov. 2012
I ordered a gift card on the 7th of November for delivery on the 8th and received the dispatch email that day stating 'Your guaranteed delivery date is:Thursday, November 08, 2012' I was planning to then post it that day inside a birthday card which needed to arrive by the 10th.
It didn't arrive on the 8th or 9th (the latest possible posting date) Amazon agreed to refund my money and so I then ordered the self printing version (which does the same job, but doesn't look as smart) The original order arrived on the 10th, 2 days after the 'guaranteed' date.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived very quickly although no personal message!, 22 Nov. 2011
I have to agree with some of the other feedback on this product but disagree with others.

I read the reviews saying it took a while to arrive however i wanted it for Christmas so wasn't to bothered about a slight delay but was pleasantly surprised when it came the next day.

I also read the reviews about being charged postage and was very careful at checkout to select the right postage option as the default was not the one that gave you free postage and luckily i was not charged a penny for postage.

I have bought give vouchers before and usually use the e-mail option but i much prefer this. The Chirstmas card is lovely and although the personal message wasn't there you ahve a lovely card in which to write your own personal message.

I think this is great and a lot better looking than the e-mail and you get a free card to present to the person of your choice.

The reason it didn't get 5 starts was because of the personal message, why advertise it when it's not there. I think this function should just be removed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with voucher but postal delay meant it didn't arrive until the day of a birthday (just something to be wary of), 3 May 2014
K. J. Noyes "Katy Noyes" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Nice enough choice of cards (I found what I needed but a few more for other occasions would be good in general).

The card and envelope are very nice quality, shiny and solid. Packaging was excellent, ensured pristine delivery.

Instructions for redeeming are clear on the card's reverse.

I was thrilled with the advertised one-day delivery, though in my case it took three, so maybe in advance of birthdays it's not the most ideal last-minute gift.

It was much appreciated and I would buy another as a gift.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £25 (Amazon Boxes)