I really enjoyed this to start with and found myself hooked by the initial plot. A clear case of cyber identity theft ~ but who is stealing the identity from whom? half way through and you think you know; but the twists abound in this thriller.
Published on 11 Oct 2011 by E. Heckingbottom

3.0 out of 5 stars Here she lies
Published on 25 Mar 2012 by Netta

3.0 out of 5 stars Here she lies, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
This book is a bit like the curate's egg - good in parts. The plot is fine, it's quite up to date and feasible - identity theft being a crime on the increase. The story is quite gripping, up to a point, but then the ending -----? I can't fully explain why it disappointed me without giving away the denouement completely, but I have to say I found the "explanation" (you know, the one someone usually gives about the murderer and the weapons and clues and stuff) just failed. A complete contrivance, which left me thinking "But that doesn't make sense". So over all an interesting read but with a disappointing ending. If I've aroused your curiosity enough for you to read it, fine. But don't blame me if you have the same problem I had (it could all make sense to you anyway!).

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable plot, predictable in places, but the ending was a bit weak., 11 Oct 2011
E. Heckingbottom "elaineheck143" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
Sadly. the conclusion is a little rushed. and this left me feeling a bit frustrated; nonetheless. it will not prevent me from buying more from this intriguing author

2.0 out of 5 stars Here She Lies, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
I'm going against the grain here and not giving this book a great review. It was readable and not too taxing but the plot was unbelievable, the characters uninteresting and the obsession with breastfeeding a bit OTT. Yes Annie has a 5 month old daughter who she breast feeds, nothing wrong with that. But did it serve any purpose to the story or character development to mention this over and over.

And the so called twist at the end - which is what kept me reading - hardly worth hanging on in there for, I had guessed what was going to happen by the time I got to it.

3.0 out of 5 stars BORING, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
Started alright but soon got yawnnn.The protagonist states " I am frantic for this to be over " -- she wasn't alone !!! The plot was ok but unfortunately each word was obviously agonised over making the writing stilted and overly long.As for the ending oh dear !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping., 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It did take a while to get exciting, but I think the background information was very important to the story. It made the whole thing more shocking for me. Once it all kicked off, I couldn't put it down. Gripping, and very thought-provoking.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Book about breastfeeding!, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
quite enjoyed this book.found the constant references to nursing her baby pretty irritating but all in all a decent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't want to put this book down, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
For the price I paid for this book, I just couldn't beleive how good it was it kept me transfixed and the time I normally read passed really quickly. I just couldn't put this book down it took me 2 evenings to finish it and it kept me in suspense for sometime. I would recommend this book to anyone

3.0 out of 5 stars All mixed up!, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
After a slow start the book picks up and becomes gripping
At times her writing is excellent, while at others it becomes prosaic
and dull. She fails to develop the characters fully enough.

Thrills and surprises abound, and the pace is fast.
But there are errors in the content - e.g. a girl would not know immediately that she was infertile after a chlamydia infection. It would need a special test done only if she had been trying to concieve and failed.
There are many more such errors.

The ending, as with so many thriller writers, is rushed through as though the author were on a time schedule, and suffers for it. The ending should be savoured and enjoyed slowly.

Overall, agreeable but not quite there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Here She Lies, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
The story started quite well with the beginnings of character weaving however, the focus was wrong. The writer deliberately kept away from the main point of evidence by needlessly padding out the story. Could have been developed in a much more intelligent way. Good pool-side read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Here she lies, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Here She Lies (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable read, ideal for a holiday light reading for people who enjoy a bit of mystery and drama. I have read other books by Maria Lief which have been harder to solve, making them more enjoyable but still a good read

Here She Lies