on 4 March 2012
Got this SSD cause the HDD in my DELL Studio 17 laptop started acting up around Christmas even though I have had the laptop less than 2 years! :o(
Anyway, I'm running Windows7 on an i7 quad Core laptop and my Samsung HDD was a 500G 7200rpm so the machine was pretty fast already! (I run some heavy duty number crunching applications on it)
So I was keen to see just how much faster it could be!
Got my OCZ within a week and eagerly installed it, then proceeded to put it through its paces :o)
So i transferred all the files from my dodgy HDD (160Gs worth) Then i opened up a couple of my applications, launched me Dell CPU monitor widget thingie and let it rip!
Got to say it was faster than the 7200, but only just in my opinion, but virtually no heat or noise! But the main thing i'll be looking for is reliability! I was very surprised and disappointed to have my samsung HDD die on me in just 18 months so i need this to last at least 5 yrs for the money! Time will tell...............
on 16 May 2012
The best thing I have bought for £80.00. I do not know how I ever used a computer without one before.
on 4 July 2015
Been running almost continuosly in a home server for three years with no problems at all. Very good.
on 22 April 2014
The best SSD i buy . I recomended for all uses.
I use on macbook pro (whit MACOS X and Debian)
on 24 January 2013
the only reason this drive never got 5 stars is becase it cost the same as a 2-3 terabyte hdd.
on 15 November 2012
This is great used to put oem on no problem what so ever quick is not the word it is fast
on 4 July 2014
A GODD STABLE DRIVE WELL WORTH THE MONEY, F.A.S.T!!! WHEN TWO IN RAID ;-)
on 11 May 2015
Great piece, used for over a year now, perfectly satisfied. speedy ssd.
on 26 January 2015
Very good afeter update to last firware. I used more than 2 years.
on 10 August 2015
Failed after 2 months.
Never performed as good as specs.