on 25 March 2012
I've been using different Norton AV products, including the latest 360 versions (1-5), for over 10 years, but it had to stop. With every new version they seem to become more and more resource-demanding and were slowing down my (not very new) pc to a point that it was impossible to work sometimes, especially when it was doing updates, which were supposed to be made only when pc is idle, but they were actually made at any time they wanted.

So I decided to try Kaspersky, and am perfectly happy with the results.

Installation and updates can not be smoother, very fast including virus DB update. First scan found a few threats Norton seems to be missing.

It has been running for a while now and is totally invisible, running in the background and not disrupting any processes. What more can you want?

Note: you can install 5 versions on different pcs at any time, not just within a month from 1st installation to make use of them, only the activation date will be counted from the 1st installation, which seems to be fair.

I can not find any faults about this software, and I am quite demanding user. Fully recommended!
on 29 December 2012
I was having PC problems and a friend told me about Kaspersky I thought it was just another McAfee or Norton Product full of gimicks and difficult to set up. Well I was wrong in the 3 years I have been using Kaspersky I have only had one small issue and that was nothing to do with the program. I would never go back to Norton the Kaspersky program is now on all the family Laptops and my main PC and will stay there.
Great product and great customer care.
on 30 April 2012
have been using kaspersky for several years since i dumped norton which seemed to hijack my system's resources and slowed it down terribly. am pleased with it and found it good value for money. a previous version (2011) gave me problems like "corrupted database" and some others, but haven't had problems with this one which i have installed on several computers about 8 months ago.
on 29 September 2013
The code works only in the uk. If you are trying to activate this in any other country, use a UK VPN. This should be mentioned clearly before purchase.
I bought this as a lightning deal and got it for a 3rd of the normal price. It was easy to set up and found threats my other anti virus did not find. It's really easy to amend the settings and it checks for malware, spyware, firewall threats - the lot. I am really pleased with it.
on 19 August 2011
Kaspersky internet security is the only one for me, and at this price it beats every other seller including a very well known computer store, i have used kaspersky since 2009 and have yet to encounter any problems whatsoever.
on 23 January 2016
Year on year, I return to Kaspersky internet security - They must be doing something right.
I purchase the latest Kaspersky internet security package every year and have never had a problem.
From the outset of internet security protection, I had been a dye in the wool fan of Norton Symantec protection products. As the computers became more advanced and with it the software and the our expectations of delivery and speedy delivery at that, I felt that all too often Norton were lagging behind, or should I say their packages were slowing the operation of my computer down so much that I was lagging behind.
I tried a lot of ‘free trail’ products and read and cross referenced many internet security reviews and it is fair to say that I was soon to understand that the Holy Grail of internet security is not out there, that is one product that does all things for all people and at a superfast response time AND without being in your face by sucking the life out of the other programmes you wished to run at the same time.
However, I eventually tried my first Kaspersky product and have never looked back. I do it must be said look forward – I look forward to using my PC and my laptop without being dictated to by a slow running piece of software.
This Kaspersky internet security package boasts an easy to use set up regime (that by the way) appears to get better and better with ever new edition. You can if you so wish just leave it running on its default settings and it will exactly what it says on the box, or for the more adventurous (advanced) you can tweak many aspects of the programme to best suit your individual outcome.
Not only that, you don’t have to go directly to Kaspersky and pay top dollar, you can buy single or multi computer packages from on line retailers and get a real bargain.
This is the 5-user, 1 year version but there are also 3-user and single user editions. It is the same product but with a different number of permitted simultaneous installations and users.

Kaspersky anti-virus products have been on the market for many years and is one of the first computer products from the old Soviet Union to become known and respected around the world and has been my personal choice almost since its arrival in the UK. However, I have used several different Kaspersky products over the years, mostly buying them each year but occasionally receiving a copy as a gift.

KIS includes a number of modules which include the AV package, a firewall, a rootkit and anti-trojan module plus small add-ons for password protection and a useful on-screen keyboard which is useful in the event that you may suspect that a keylogger may have found its way onto your PC. Mouse movements are less easy to track and interpret, especially if the keyboard is moved around the screen each day or at least occasionally. However, the keyboard worked perfectly with older editions and the Small Office edition which I had used up to a few days ago (I had obtained a new PC and that version was within a week of expiry) but seems not to work in this edition. Fortunately, there is a substitute that is provided in Windows if you know where to find it!

In terms of its AV capabilities, it is a package on which I know I can rely. It is less susceptible to false positives or negatives than certain other products in the real world (some are tweaked to test high under artificial lab conditions and make them appear superior). The firewall, rootkit and other tools are also effective (keyboard aside) and it is one of only two such products that I would allow on any PC I use. There are several more which are supposedly top-sellers but are far too restrictive in actual use to be usable.

With a maximum of 5 permitted installations, this could suit a family and the cost-per-user will be much reduced in comparison to buying 4 or 5 single user packs. Although there is a Small Office Edition which offers server support, this may also serve a small business if a server is not a part of their computer system.

Reliable, trusted and good value.
on 24 November 2011
Kaspersky Anti Virus 2012 3 PC, 1 year license (PC)first class product have had it for some time now no problem at all,very good price and does not slow down my laptop.
on 17 October 2011
This is a great product that I have used in my small business for the last few years. The price is really good and the delivery was very quick! Would certainly buy it again.

See one answered question