4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent/Reliable but 3 PC Version is Cheaper
All the usual features are here, including the useful onscreen keyboard to keep things a bit more secure when entering passwords (ie protection from keyloggers) and a safe run mode for your Internet Browser too for an extra level of security.

Being Internet Security (rather than Anti Virus only), you also get the Firewall, anti virus, anti spam etc. They also...
Published on 24 Aug 2011 by P. Sharpe

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit awkward to install and doesn't slow your system down
I've installed this on our Acer one netbook which was fairly easy but a little long winded. Firstly note that you need to be online to install it (yes as soon as you put the disk in you need to be connected) which does strangely leave your system open to attacks? (or have Kaspersky already thought of this?) I was initially not connected and the installation came up with...
Published on 21 Sep 2011 by Silverfrog

‹ Previous | 130 31 32 33 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and efficient, 12 Sep 2011
Yankeeeee (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (1 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent value for an excellent product ... works well, quickly and efficiently in the background unlike other software I have tried which slows the comuter down. This is half the price of other brands and works just as well so give it a go!

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual high standard but a little more technical now, 29 Aug 2011
Mr BD - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Kapersky for several years without any problems and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. This version installs quickly and requires very little intervention to protect your PC.
For the first time I also have a netbook and so joined it to a home workgroup in order to use the wireless network we have. Kapersky (installed on my main PC) prevented my net book from accessing the printer and this wasn't resolved until I de-activated Kapersky's firewall and used the Windows firewall. I have not managed to find settings within the Kapersky software to remedy this. Not a huge problem, but the warning that not all Kapersky features are no longer enabled becomes a little tiresome. There is probably a setting to work around this problem but it is not immediately apparent, so not for the casual user if you can't survive on just the defaults.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Damn Swish, 28 Aug 2011
P. G. Strachan (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm no expert in this arena and probably the only way I'd be able to tell whether this was working well or not would be if my computer went into full meltdown mode. Basically what I'm saying is that I don't know a trojan from a piece of malware (if they come in pieces?). But what i can tell you is that this loaded magnificently well and having ripped through a deep scan I can also tell you that it appears to take a fraction of the time my McAfee took to complete the same task. With McAfee I virtually had to set aside a day for it to grind it's way through and my computer would slow down to the point of uselessness. At least for now I can say that that doesn't happen with the Kaspersky which is a huge bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, and reliable, 24 Aug 2011
Graeme Stewart "echosnare" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had used Kaspersky 2010 before, so I was quite interested in seeing how it had changed. It loads as easily as the older version, but seems less obtrusive, while appearing just as effective. It is early days, so far, but it seems to be doing what it says on the box. The only downside is that this is just a 1 PC/I year licence, so I have put it on my most used machine, and will consider what to do about our other machines later.

All in all, I'm very happy with this, and would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... bought this but somehow i still got a really bad virus in my laptop and i had to have ..., 24 July 2014
i bought this but somehow i still got a really bad virus in my laptop and i had to have it repaired so i was a bit disheartened by it

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 22 July 2014
to much hassle with this product removed it from my computer and installed f-secure no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars The best security I have found., 28 July 2014
Malcolm Todd (UK) - See all my reviews
Never a problem since it was installed. Highly recommended. Used year after year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 20 Oct 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very easy to install and fit for purpose. The only downside is it slows down your PC when updating itself and these updates are very regular but at least it doesn't grind it to a halt like some other similar products. Overall, will protect your PC well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile upgrade for existing Kaspersky users, 15 Sep 2011
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got off to a great start with this. It installed easily and I really like the completely revamped interface. I felt pretty confident that it would do a good job on firewall and anti-virus, so focussed on the extras.

`Cloud Protection' is very useful. It lets you check any program against the Kaspersky database to find out whether you should trust it. The firewall uses the same database to decide how far to trust programs you've installed.

I was glad to see the Network Monitor. It's probably of limited value to most users, but sometimes I can see that my supposedly-idle PC is busy sending/receiving network traffic, and I have no idea which app is responsible. Network Monitor lets me find out.

There's a Safe Run Sandbox to let you try suspicious programs and websites in isolation but I didn't use it. Nor did I bother with Social Network tracking because I think I read somewhere that it was to be avoided.

I wasn't very impressed with the spam filter (integrated with Outlook, on my system, but it also integrates with other clients). It seemed very slow but still managed to let a lot of dodgy stuff through. At least it didn't treat any clean mail as spam.

I took a look at the parental controls, even though I don't need them any more. They looked comprehensive. As well as the usual website filtering, you can, for example, log IM chats or just usage of specified words.

There didn't seem to be a big hit on boot times or general performance but I'm less happy about the way scans hit my i7 cpu. Scans were completed quickly, though, so if you can schedule them over a lunch break or whatever, cpu usage may not matter.

Overall, then, a worthwhile upgrade for existing Kaspersky users but little to draw you from competitive suites unless you're unhappy with yours. I'll probably stick with Norton.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 Sep 2011
Mr. J. C. Kent "johnckent" - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fine piece of security software and really is one of the best on the market. Kaspersky is rightly recognised as the forerunner of security software. The only issue is the price, when there are very good free options available. Also, if you are thinking of buyinhg this, you may want to consider paying a little bit more for the version that can be used on several computers if you are buying it for household use

‹ Previous | 130 31 32 33 | Next ›

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (1 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
16.95