Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 1 January 2012
This book is a proper chiller (pun intended). It's tight, fast paced, and has characters that you really support. It's slightly reminiscent of the style that the late great Richard Laymon used to write, and this is good. The only reason it's 4 stars (when it deserved 5 stars!) is that I felt the ending, brilliant though it was, still left a few questions unanswered: I'm not giving away the ending, but I felt after reading the last line a huge sigh of relief that the horror rollercoaster seemingly was over, but I also felt I should be asking "what next?" Don't let this put you off, though, as I will definitely be looking out to read more works by this great author!
on 26 September 2011
Review of member giveaway eBook
This horror novella hits the ground running. A couple snowed in find that the cold is the least of their worries. Outside something strange is happening in the ice.
This was a creepy, gory, entertaining read.
on 25 February 2012
In general, I really liked this book.
The characters were easy to relate to and the storyline flowed quickly to suck the reader right into the middle of the horror that Warren and Tess are going through.
When Warren goes off to get help for his sick wife, the story kind of splits in two so you still know what's happening to both characters.
So the reason for 3 stars? - the ending. I'm not sure how I wanted the book to finish but I got to the last page and went 'oh, is that it?'
I got this when it was free, and I'm glad I read it because I did enjoy it, but I'm still wondering 'and then what?'. I look forward to discovering a full length novel by the same author.
on 25 March 2013
Being snowed in this weekend, I decided to read a snowy thriller, and really enjoyed it! An excellent plot idea, and well written, wish it had been longer. Will definately read another by this author
on 16 April 2012
I did enjoy this story, its characters easy to connect with and a very chilling story to boot. However I felt the ending, or lack of it, left a lot of things un answered. I will not go into details, regarding the ending, but I was very dissapointed to say the least.