5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyed!
I really enjoyed the story. Why did I enjoy it overall I ask myself? Well, there is chemistry between the two characters that sizzled from the very beginning. The moment that Declan walks into Poppy's garden it was on. The hot love scenes were very warm and romantic and provided the icing on top of this delicious cake.

Declan is a rake who is recovering after...
Published on 6 Jun 2011 by Marlena F

2.0 out of 5 stars Ruined one story¬
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by Mrs Kathryn Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyed!, 6 Jun 2011
This review is from: Ruin Me Please (The Prodigious Peregrines) (Kindle Edition)

Declan is a rake who is recovering after the loss of his brother a year prior. As he finds himself recovering, he is slowly making his way back into society. Then there is Poppy, she is young, innocent and most definitely a fun free spirit. Both characters are very likable and well developed.

Speaking of characters, their friends such as Semour and Chloe would make good leads in their own stories not to mention Piper or one or both of her brothers. I especially liked Parker, the Marquis of Ashford. I suppose if every mystery about every character were unfolded in the first story than this would not be a series. There are hints to other mysteries or intrigues to come in future books.

Overall, a very nice, tender, sexy story without a lot of twists and turns which I found rather refreshing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whimsical Romance!!, 6 Aug 2011
It has been so long since I've read a good romance novel, and I was so enthralled with Ruin Me Please I was unable to put it down. The love story between Poppy and Declan has just a pure spirit and true love that the entire time you are wanting to take in more and more of their powerful love. By the end of the book I was wishing I lived in that time and made me miss chivalry and genuine love, I want my own Castle Ruin. I can not wait for more, because not only are you drawn into the main character's romance but the supporting character's have love stories intertwined in the book as well. Nicole Matthews really knows how to reach the romance part of a woman's heart, it was sensual, sensitive, caring, respectful, intoxicating all at once. In a time where Romance is dead and Divorce and heartache are the norm its refreshing to be swept away from it all, and that is exactly what Ruin Me Please did for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and refreshing!!, 1 Sep 2011
I thought this story was wonderfu!! I have read quite a few mills and boon books and particularly love the historical romace but found my self gettin bored as the stroylines are all basically the same...heroine and hero despise each other then slowly fall in love after some tragedy or another. This was different...i found it extremely refreshing that there was no depressing drama within the story an that the chracters simply fell in love!! this by no means made the story boring as all the other characters also came to life and made the story what it was!! i also think that the other chracters could make a spin of series of there own that would be equally as wonderful!! i look forwar to seeing more from this author!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyed!, 6 Jun 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars One Beautiful Love Story!!!, 3 Jun 2011
One beautiful love story! As far as a romantic love story goes, those emotions were captured. There were no twists and turns or deep mysteries uncovered. The two main characters meet, fall in lust/love & get married at the end.
I really liked the main characters! Declan is described as a typical rake. A man ready to move on after the tragic death of his brother and then meets Poppy.
Poppy would not be considered a typical girl from her era. She was more of a hoyden. Propriety didn't seem like her strong suit even though there is no mention of her getting into a lot of scrapes previously or doing anything untoward during her Seasons.
Poppy and Declan are alone together more than would have been typical during this time period. Conjunctly, this brought to life some great love scenes that worked wonderfully into the romance novel. There was a companion/chaperone but she was not around a lot.
I like the historical aspect of the time period with the modern twist in the romance, the love scenes and all the extras. There could have been more action but overall I thoroughly enjoyed the dialogue and the romance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ruined one story¬, 25 Feb 2012
Mrs Kathryn Miller (Cardiff, Cardiff United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I read the reviews of this book, and persuaded by the four and five star ratings, I acquired it for my Kindle. What a disappointment! I have to agree with another reviewer (whose review I read AFTER I had acquired the book) who said that the Kindle version could not have spent a great deal of time on the editor's desk - though perhaps the author has a habit of creating sentences without using verbs, and using inappropriate punctuation. The story was quite sweet, though so unlikely as to be laughable - no lady of the period could have spent the amount of time Poppy did with Declan without a chaperone without being totally ruined, and Declan would have been called out by one of ther brothers long before he got her anywhere near the conservatory! The author also cannot have studied the way people in people of the time conversed before writing her story - there were a great many words in the text which would not have been used at the time, and they grated somewhat on my nerves. I think it's back to Stephanie Laurens for me, I'm afraid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame it wasn't proof read!, 16 Sep 2013
The book itself was good but totally overshadowed by the lack of proof reading, evident in the grammatical errors, typos and twin sisters Poppy and Piper were muddled up at one point. If someone took the time and effort to sort out the errors then this book would be worth between 4 to 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read., 13 Jan 2013
I have read all 3 books in this series all of them are really great & individual stories, I can't wait to see who's story is next I'm hoping Payton. If you buy these books you will not be disappointed. Great series which I will re-read again and again.

ARRAY(0xa84d796c)

Ruin Me Please (The Prodigious Peregrines)